Hot Toys - MMS212 - IRON MAN 3 - HEARTBREAKER (MARK XVII)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - Iron Man 3 - MARK XVII Heartbreaker Armor

I'm hoping the trend goes back to being non-diecast. I PO'd this for $229.99 at Cornerstore. $229.99 today seems dirt cheap compared to the $309.99 price tag of those die-cast PO's.

They wised up, useless gimmick that increases costs and production difficulty

I'm hoping the trend goes back to being non-diecast. I PO'd this for $229.99 at Cornerstore. $229.99 today seems dirt cheap compared to the $309.99 price tag of those die-cast PO's.
Yep, hope we see it less and less until it's abandoned altogether. Really is useless.

I agree. $309.99 was too rich for my blood, but I snapped this up from Cornerstore as well. If they have the Silver Centurion for the same price, it will be difficult to resist.

I agree. $309.99 was too rich for my blood, but I snapped this up from Cornerstore as well. If they have the Silver Centurion for the same price, it will be difficult to resist.

If they offer Silver Centurion for the same price, it's an automatic purchase from them for me.

1012428_561036120608596_365506770_n.jpg

They wised up, useless gimmick that increases costs and production difficulty
While I agree on the former, I've reserved my opinion about the production constraints and final product quality till I see the figure in-hand.

This suit looks really great, glad i pre ordered.

Alter Ego sold out in it's pre order, is there any other places you guys recommend that offer PO for a discount?

While I agree on the former, I've reserved my opinion about the production constraints and final product quality till I see the figure in-hand.

Totally agree. I couldn't stomach dropping 300+ on both diecast figures, so I went with Iron Patriot. Really hoping Hot Toys releases a Mark XLII MMS but the odds aren't looking good atm.

I guess we could use the parts from the Mandarin Mansion Tony set to make our own Mark XLII's :lol :monkey1

I did PO the diecast IP because I just loooove the look of that armor. But for just about half the price, I chose the PPS Mk 42 over the diecast. I know the PPS figures aren't terribly popular here, but I couldn't justify paying nearly 2x the price.

I did PO the diecast IP because I just loooove the look of that armor. But for just about half the price, I chose the PPS Mk 42 over the diecast. I know the PPS figures aren't terribly popular here, but I couldn't justify paying nearly 2x the price.

I'm having a brain fart, what's PPS stand for again? :monkey1 :lol:lol

Yeah, seeing as they've only made two (Mk 42 and Red Snapper) that I know of, it's easy to forget. :)

No I had no interest in the Red Snapper, only the 42 and IP. Just couldn't justify $650 for two IM figures. And after seeing them both in person at SDCC, I'm happy with that decision. The diecast 42 has more options, obviously. But to just look at them, I didn't see any difference. I'm sure the diecast is heavier, but I don't plan on playing with them. ;)

I was speaking from the die cast car production and assuming HT would have similar costs & issues

No I had no interest in the Red Snapper, only the 42 and IP. Just couldn't justify $650 for two IM figures. And after seeing them both in person at SDCC, I'm happy with that decision. The diecast 42 has more options, obviously. But to just look at them, I didn't see any difference. I'm sure the diecast is heavier, but I don't plan on playing with them. ;)

We think alike, Red Snapper didn't even register a blip on my radar. IP was a must have and the 42 is up there as well. I don't pose them much either, you might have just sold me on the PPS.

Back