Hot Toys - MMS212 - IRON MAN 3 - HEARTBREAKER (MARK XVII)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - Iron Man 3 - MARK XVII Heartbreaker Armor

Visually....I couldn't tell a difference between plastic and diecast. I'm guessing there is more of a difference in the feel and weight. But of course we can't touch them.

Might help sales if we could though.

Just noticed that the little squares around the RT are supposed to light up too! Don't supposed HT will fix that now?

947370_329281093865507_1743711837_n.jpg

just more cheap batteries to remove

Visually....I couldn't tell a difference between plastic and diecast. I'm guessing there is more of a difference in the feel and weight. But of course we can't touch them.

Might help sales if we could though.

Cool.

Thanks again for the info and pics! I'm voting the close up of SC as your best!

I wouldn't mind! It'll look cooler if all those little squares lit up as well...having only the RT light up has become too mainstream :rotfl

hello again my good sir, quick question for heartbreaker Preorders. I already did PO one from Sideshow, but saw one at HLJ they currently taking preorders also. Here is the Link for the Heartbreaker armor. https://www.hlj.com/product/htt17539 USD 225.50. No shipping cost yet though. But, will it be a good idea to PO it also at HLJ? this is the cheapest i've seen it so far though. any advices my good sir's/ma'am to just order it on HLJ? or secure my order at Sideshow? *no disrespect to sideshow* im just trying to be practical with the figure cost and shipping. thank YOU

hello again my good sir, quick question for heartbreaker Preorders. I already did PO one from Sideshow, but saw one at HLJ they currently taking preorders also. Here is the Link for the Heartbreaker armor. https://www.hlj.com/product/htt17539 USD 225.50. No shipping cost yet though. But, will it be a good idea to PO it also at HLJ? this is the cheapest i've seen it so far though. any advices my good sir's/ma'am to just order it on HLJ? or secure my order at Sideshow? *no disrespect to sideshow* im just trying to be practical with the figure cost and shipping. thank YOU

I think it's better to buy it off sideshow, not least because they have a good customer service in case anything goes wrong. While the price of the figure at HLJ is cheaper, the shipping cost itself (for EMS with tracking) could usually come to about 30-40% of the figure cost, unless you prefer to use Air Parcel, which although cheaper, is not insured and has no tracking number.

IMO, rather than purchasing it off HLJ, you're better off purchasing it either from Sideshow (if u're outside Cali.) or Alter Ego Comics (they have heartbreaker for $229.99 + $17 shipping i believe) if u're from Cali.

Marc and Josh are very pleasant to deal with and highly recommended! Not only that, they have a great rewards system too.
https://www.alteregocomics.com/hot-toys-heartbreaker.html

Alternatively, you could also look up FanBoy Collectibles, but their figure price is $5 more expensive, and shipping cost is about $3 more expensive than Alter Ego's. Troy (shop owner) responds really fast to emails and provides top notch service too!

https://www.fanboycollectibles.com/...cts_id=3408&osCsid=4uuv1r160k4a3qk6as0mhif6h1

But just beware that these 2 stores charge cancelation fees (10% for AlterEgo and 15% for Fanboy), so if you think that you might change your mind about the figure in the future, it's better to get it off Sideshow (without Flex plan) or Bigbadtoystore.

Last edited:

I think it's better to buy it off sideshow, not least because they have a good customer service in case anything goes wrong. While the price of the figure at HLJ is cheaper, the shipping cost itself (for EMS with tracking) could usually come to about 30-40% of the figure cost, unless you prefer to use Air Parcel, which although cheaper, is not insured and has no tracking number.

IMO, rather than purchasing it off HLJ, you're better off purchasing it either from Sideshow (if u're outside Cali.) or Alter Ego Comics (they have heartbreaker for $229.99 + $17 shipping i believe) if u're from Cali.

Marc and Josh are very pleasant to deal with and highly recommended! Not only that, they have a great rewards system too.
https://www.alteregocomics.com/hot-toys-heartbreaker.html

Alternatively, you could also look up FanBoy Collectibles, but their figure price is $5 more expensive, and shipping cost is about $3 more expensive than Alter Ego's. Troy (shop owner) responds really fast to emails and provides top notch service too!

https://www.fanboycollectibles.com/...cts_id=3408&osCsid=4uuv1r160k4a3qk6as0mhif6h1

Thank YOU so much for the quick reply. Really appreciate it. I just look only with the accounts i got into either bbts (which is sold out already), sideshow and HLJ. and the cheapest i've seen was HLJ so i asked first although i place an order also. I was not thinking about the shipment cost and insurance if i buy the figure at HLJ, never order it yet for a Hot toys figure though. Really appreciate your advices. Thanks for the recommendation, although Alterego as relatively cheap PO with a 17-18$ shipping cost to North Carolina. I still need to create account from there. I would just probably stick on my Sideshow PO for now. but will consider all your advice my good sir. :hi5:

Thank YOU so much for the quick reply. Really appreciate it. I just look only with the accounts i got into either bbts (which is sold out already), sideshow and HLJ. and the cheapest i've seen was HLJ so i asked first although i place an order also. I was not thinking about the shipment cost and insurance if i buy the figure at HLJ, never order it yet for a Hot toys figure though. Really appreciate your advices. Thanks for the recommendation, although Alterego as relatively cheap PO with a 17-18$ shipping cost to North Carolina. I still need to create account from there. I would just probably stick on my Sideshow PO for now. but will consider all your advice my good sir. :hi5:

No problems mate :hi5: btw, just did a rough calc. for ya' using the PG 1/60 Gundam OO Raiser as an example (since it weighs 4 kilos, which is also the avg. shipping weight for Hot Toys MMS figures)....shipping alone will set you back $69 via EMS, in which case Airmail would probably cost ya' $35-40. This is before any possible duties & taxes once the package arrives at the States...

So...in conclusion, sideshow or local retailers ftw!

No problems mate :hi5: btw, just did a rough calc. for ya' using the PG 1/60 Gundam OO Raiser as an example (since it weighs 4 kilos, which is also the avg. shipping weight for Hot Toys MMS figures)....shipping alone will set you back $69 via EMS, in which case Airmail would probably cost ya' $35-40. This is before any possible duties & taxes once the package arrives at the States...

So...in conclusion, sideshow or local retailers ftw!

:gah: got it. :goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:

really appreciate it sir. Cancelled my PO at HLJ. save me some $$$..
I wasn't thinking that much cause i have never order bigger items at HLJ. usually just small figures. I will secure my PO then to sideshow. (hopefully my first purchase figure from Sideshow)--but i'm slow i havent used the 10$ off coupon code for the first purchased.

thank YOU sir

:gah: got it. :goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:

really appreciate it sir. Cancelled my PO at HLJ. save me some $$$..
I wasn't thinking that much cause i have never order bigger items at HLJ. usually just small figures. I will secure my PO then to sideshow. (hopefully my first purchase figure from Sideshow)--but i'm slow i havent used the 10$ off coupon code for the first purchased.

thank YOU sir

No probs; glad to be of help!

I wouldn't mind! It'll look cooler if all those little squares lit up as well...having only the RT light up has become too mainstream :rotfl

There's a bunch of lights all over the body that we won't get. I knew realistically they weren't going to be there, but was hoping HT would pull a rabbit out of their *** and make it happen :dunno

There's a bunch of lights all over the body that we won't get. I knew realistically they weren't going to be there, but was hoping HT would pull a rabbit out of their *** and make it happen :dunno

Yeahh, would have been nice if they added it in though! Still time to hope however :pray:

It totally can be done using SMLEDs (surface mounted LEDs) .... The light from the torso could all be powered using the existing batteries for the Chest RT...

The Batteries for each arm for the palm RT can power 2 additional SMLEDs .....

What maybe novel since the legs are essentially empty shells the batteries can reside in each thigh powering 2 SMLEDs...

HT... however will not do it... they are busy pushing as simple as possible armors out...

The last complicated IM armor (to date) may be Mk. 7.

It totally can be done using SMLEDs (surface mounted LEDs) .... The light from the torso could all be powered using the existing batteries for the Chest RT...

What maybe novel since the legs are essentially empty shells the batteries can reside in each thigh powering 2 SMLEDs...

HT... however will not do it... they are busy pushing as simple as possible armors out...

I wonder if you ever get tired of trying to be a know it all, without anybody caring?

I think this should be brought up to HT :lecture would love to see all those little lights light up on the suit!

After wathing that scene over and over again, I though that suit was similar to Hearbreaker because the rt looked pretty big, but then I looked at the feet of the armor and I could clearly see the flames, King Kobra is right that suit was Hot Rod
The suit that Tony tries to jump onto has a big RT similar to Tank or Heartbreaker. Moreover, it is circular whereas Hot Rod (Mk 22) has a rectangular RT since it is the prototype for War Machine 2.0
I may be wrong on the former but it's definitely not Hot Rod :eek:

OK, if it caiught Rhodes & landed in some fire than it actually FLEW in the movie, correct? If so, it seems that air flaps on the back would be a requirement. Just sayin'. As others have indicated, this release may have been rushed due to the switch from die-cast, so maybe HT will surprise us by including a few extra features. Or at least a basic one like the flaps. Regardless, this looks too good to pass up!
want-bang-table-dinner-plate-1350133051Y.gif

Hot-Toys-Iron-Man-Mark-3-Metal-Air-Flaps-2.jpg

If I were a villain, just looking at the ferocity of this armor alone (especially his mean-looking face) is enough to make me pee in my pants and run away! :panic::lol:rotfl
This shoulda been the ultimate armor in the film. Which kills Killian or puts up a good fight at the very least; instead of tin can 42 or that annoying b***h

Was it just me, or did this armor even have a swagger to it's walk, in the shot where it landed and then walked over to Rhoadey?

damn good catch. it wasn't just you. he even walks badass!!
Untitled-1_zps90b36178.gif~original

Just noticed that the little squares around the RT are supposed to light up too! Don't supposed HT will fix that now?

947370_329281093865507_1743711837_n.jpg
Let's spam their FB page :thwak

It totally can be done using SMLEDs (surface mounted LEDs) ....

Or it can be powered off the foot thrusters if HT includes them.

I wonder if you ever get tired of trying to be a know it all, without anybody caring?
I do :wave

Bought! Superpowercollectables..... Now don't start redesigning and delaying it by a year- it's better then fine the way it is!

Back