1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just pulled the trigger on this guy. Used the TURKEYPOWER Code and got him for $125 with free shipping! That's a steal price right there!

^^ Same. I bought the Supes/Jor-El bundle which made each about $149 shipped, and I thought THAT was a great deal. Then I saw the Black Friday special and picked up my second Supes for the body for my Clark Kent custom for $125 shipped! Couldn't say no. and I guess I'll have an extra Supes sculpt, suit, cape, boots, hands, etc, to sell off if/when the feeling strikes me...

I just received the man of steel and one of his ankles is either broke or out of joint. Is this an easy fix or should I just contact sideshow?
0878ed3b4423e86a76a384645a28e836.jpg

It's not the boot though, I can feel the ankle is messed up.

I had the same issue with mine. It feels like the ankles are broken. They're very loose and seem out of place. I returned mine and have another one coming in that I got on Black Friday. I hope it's not the same deal.

I had the same issue with mine. It feels like the ankles are broken. They're very loose and seem out of place. I returned mine and have another one coming in that I got on Black Friday. I hope it's not the same deal.

Argh hope your new one is flawless. I checked the ankles on mine and they are good but there is a small speck on his face:gah: Not sure if I should ship it back - afraid to get one that's worse or has loose ankles...

I got mine in today! I couldn't NOT snatch him up during SSC's Black Friday Sale. Luckily, I seem to have a good one. I REALLY hate his stand though.

Such a fantastic figure line...one of the best HTs ever produced...pity sales haven't reflected.

Indeed. I was just reflecting on that. Its CLEAR that the line is not moving the way SS/HT hoped/anticipated since every sale and promotion seems to include these guys. Unfortunately, the movie was a marginal hit at best, and I think people are having some doubt as to whether this reincarnation of the DC universe will ultimately stand up.

I love Cavill as Supes, but I think the franchise needed at least one more establishing film with Cavill as Superman before attempting this tortured SvB idea, AND tying it to Afleck's introduction to the BM role following the Iconic Bale contributions, AND positioning it as the opening act of unveiling the Justice League arc. Any ONE of these elements would be a heavy lift, but all of them taken together almost feels like a self-fulfilling prophecy of doom. Translation: People are not yet "Sold".

I didn't care for the movie. As nice as the figures are, I passed on them, even at the great discounts SSC put them for recently. I dunno why, but I also don't like that they are little taller than other HT figures. Eh, just a personal preference....

I tried to convince myself to not get certain figures... but it just drives me nuts thinking about it over and over. I found it's easiest just to purchase them and get it over it... it's sick...

Indeed. I was just reflecting on that. Its CLEAR that the line is not moving the way SS/HT hoped/anticipated since every sale and promotion seems to include these guys. Unfortunately, the movie was a marginal hit at best, and I think people are having some doubt as to whether this reincarnation of the DC universe will ultimately stand up.

I love Cavill as Supes, but I think the franchise needed at least one more establishing film with Cavill as Superman before attempting this tortured SvB idea, AND tying it to Afleck's introduction to the BM role following the Iconic Bale contributions, AND positioning it as the opening act of unveiling the Justice League arc. Any ONE of these elements would be a heavy lift, but all of them taken together almost feels like a self-fulfilling prophecy of doom. Translation: People are not yet "Sold".

:cuckoo:

Which part? All of it? I take it you are sold?

I believe that once these eventually sell out and the cinematic DC Universe is firmly established that the value of these will likely soar especially in regards to Zod and Jor El. Add to the fact that they're actually really phenomenal HT figures.

I too was hoping for another MOS outing before shoehorning any DC characters in, however the idea of prompt team-ups has grown on me. And while the Nolan films were fairly good many Batman fans are hoping for a more heavily comic inspired adaptation of the character, which IMO was somewhat lacking in Nolan and Bales contribution. Hopefully BvS seals the deal on a DC cinematic universe upon release.

Last edited:
Just went to Disney world, they had this fig for $350 in their comic stores
The pose was ok, huge markup but expected with Disney

Back