1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

So here are my results after pulling out the "under collar" collar lol. I think it looks a lot better. I also lowered the collar closer to the emblem, making it more film accurate. What do you guys think?

2014-01-29_14-54-41_288_zps7y0fi7sw.jpg

2014-01-29_14-54-34_38_zpsllgyx5du.jpg

2014-01-29_14-54-25_635_zpscfwue8ls.jpg

So here are my results after pulling out the "under collar" collar lol. I think it looks a lot better. I also lowered the collar closer to the emblem, making it more film accurate. What do you guys think?

2014-01-29_14-54-41_288_zps7y0fi7sw.jpg

2014-01-29_14-54-34_38_zpsllgyx5du.jpg

2014-01-29_14-54-25_635_zpscfwue8ls.jpg

Looks great! I wish I had the ***** to mod my figures, but I just can't bring myself to do it.

ok so now that I've got him back together and my nerves have calmed LOL ( I was so freaked thinking I was going to ruin this figure ). I accomplished what I am affectionately calling the "Tony mod" to remove under collar and lower neckline to symbol.

So only thing left to do is get the Tony cape in and I should be done!

damn now that I am looking at movie pics, it looks like I need to make his black collar and suit lines match his gauntlets. The mods continue LOL

The mods look great guys. I wish I was brave enough to try them. But I am so scared to ruin this figure.

ok so now that I've got him back together and my nerves have calmed LOL ( I was so freaked thinking I was going to ruin this figure ). I accomplished what I am affectionately calling the "Tony mod" to remove under collar and lower neckline to symbol.

So only thing left to do is get the Tony cape in and I should be done!

Looks great! I like the copper on the gold idea. I think I'll try it.

And yeah it's extra work to finish it off with the stripes and collar color but it's so worth it. I'm looking at mine and it was a big pain and risk to fine tune the stripes but the results are so smooth.

I have to try your S symbol technique now :thud::lol

I can't wait to get Tony's cape. I think it will be the icing on the cake.

Supes arrived today and the figure is magnificent!!! Holy moly!!! Fantastic job HT!!! I can't wait to start photographing him this weekend after the Super Bowl!!! This definitely is vying for my collection centerpiece! He just has to knock the Hulk off his pedestal first!!! :rock

Excellent figure but..
Sideshow told me this is normal and doesn't warrant an exchange or full refund. Am I crazy for thinking otherwise? :lol

photo4.jpg
photo1.jpg
baa097dc-8d4e-44be-b8fd-7bf3755def14.jpg

^ Sure doesn't look normal to me. Mine doesn't have that around the crest.

Hey guys, so last night I decided to remove the under collar from my figure, and thanks to some excellent advice from Short Round, I was able to do it without having to cut or damage the suit AT ALL. You don't even have to cut the top collar. I don't think this has been touched on, if so my apologies.

First, after you've removed the sculpt and flipped over the cape to the front, you want to separate the suit from the under collar all around using something flat and dull that wont damage the suit (I used one side of a pair of tweasers).

Once the suit is separated from the lower collar all around, pull the suit down a tad at the back of the neck (it has plenty of elasticity) to expose the under collar and carefully snip the collar in the middle (see photo for snip location). This gives the collar a lot more 'play', and as long as the suit is detached from it, you can bend and maneuver one side at a time out from under the suit without damaging it.

You may find while working the collar out from under the suit that there are some attachment points you missed, just simply halt your progress, detach the point, and continue.

Does the cape need to be pulled through the holes of the collar?

Sorry to ask guys but does anyone have a picture of Supes on the shorter foot pegs mod?

Thanks.

yvu7utuj.jpg

u2apajad.jpg

udavunej.jpg

A couple of different perspectives. I think it gives the legs a bit more of a stocky look. The only trade off is the ankle don't bent forward as well as with the long pegs.

Back