1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Doing the mod now in preparation of Tony's cape arriving tomorrow. Got the outer collar off just fine without having to cut it open. Luckily mine wasn't glued too heavily so all it took was some steady prying and patience. Going to work on getting the inner collar out now without ripping anything.

12215824213_88eebf12e7_c.jpg

There's a reason they gave him the longer pegs, his legs look extremely odd with the shorter ones.

Perhaps, but it looks less odd than having him tower over every other figure like Gheorge Muresan. :wink1:

gheorghe_muresan.jpg

I did the ankle joints but I forgot that the scale issue wasn't just his height, his head and hands and body are also larger so he still doesn't fit in. I returned him to stock

Here is an update of my mod. I practically hollowed out the collar to bits. maybe I went overboard. But I think when I get Tony's cape soon it will even out better.

I haven't glued the collar back and glued the cape yet. So it might not look aligned. But I just wanted to see the fit.

I still have a spare untouched Supes as well.
I just wanted to see how far I could mod this one

URL=https://s270.photobucket.com/user/guyver12/media/guyver12091/DSC03421.jpg.html]
DSC03421.jpg
[/URL]

Last edited:

Coming along nicely. Cape is alot flatter now on his shoulders. I did the same with mine. I cut the inside of neck piece out also.

Here is an update of my mod. I practically hollowed out the collar to bits. maybe I went overboard. But I think when I get Tony's cape soon it will even out better.

I haven't glued the collar back and glued the cape yet. So it might not look aligned. But I just wanted to see the fit.

I still have a spare untouched Supes as well.
I just wanted to see how far I could mod this one

URL=https://s270.photobucket.com/user/guyver12/media/guyver12091/DSC03421.jpg.html]
DSC03421.jpg
[/URL]

Looks pretty good right now, I can see the trap area much falter and shows the neck very well.

Coming along nicely. Cape is alot flatter now on his shoulders. I did the same with mine. I cut the inside of neck piece out also.

Wow, impressive, I see the difference of the paint versus the stock already. I'm holding back on the wrist ado or for now..... Want to see if I can cast it in resin and make it thinner and tighter. Then paint it over the harder smoother surface with metallic shiny paint.

Looks pretty good right now, I can see the trap area much falter and shows the neck very well.

Wow, impressive, I see the difference of the paint versus the stock already. I'm holding back on the wrist ado or for now..... Want to see if I can cast it in resin and make it thinner and tighter. Then paint it over the harder smoother surface with metallic shiny paint.

Hey Tony will your cape cover my custom better, since the mod the stock cape doesn't fit that well the tails that connect to the collar are too thick. But I notice the tails on your cape are much thinner.

I wonder if I should go back and change the collar and gauntlets back to metallic blue, I used gun metal right now. I wasn't sure if it's supposed to have a blue collar.

Last edited:

Just got mine today from SS along with The Mandarin. Really nice figure and the control key was a nice touch from HT's

did you have to cut some of the suit so that it didn't come out the neck side of the collar?

Yes, I trimmed the suit so it would line up under the collar. I also did what Tony did and trimmed the out collar so it was just a frame.

Is there a vid of all of this mods available anywhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I trimmed the suit so it would line up under the collar. I also did what Tony did and trimmed the out collar so it was just a frame.

so just for clarification, you trimmed the suit all the way around where it sits under the collar? or just up front where the S is?

BOOM! finally got my shipping notice! I'll have this guy by Monday next week. Yay!!!!!

Bri

BOOM! finally got my shipping notice! I'll have this guy by Monday next week. Yay!!!!!

Bri

:clap Congrats! Still waiting on mine but good to hear fellow Freaks are still getting Shipping emails :)

Thanks man! It took ages to get them to take my money. But glad he is on the way!

Bri

Ok so as promised from last night here are some pics of my completed mods (well complete until tony's cape arrives!) Mods are as follows:

Reflective metallic paint on "S" (hope symbol)
Gold/Copper paint on Belt
Custom Blue metallic mix paint on gauntlets, body trim and collar
Tony's Mod for removing bulky traps
Tony's mod for lowering collar to "S"

I included one pic before I applied the custom blue metallic paint to the collar and suit lining for comparison.

Ok so as promised from last night here are some pics of my completed mods (well complete until tony's cape arrives!) Mods are as follows:

Reflective metallic paint on "S" (hope symbol)
Gold/Copper paint on Belt
Custom Blue metallic mix paint on gauntlets, body trim and collar
Tony's Mod for removing bulky traps
Tony's mod for lowering collar to "S"

I included one pic before I applied the custom blue metallic paint to the collar and suit lining for comparison.

I can't tell from your pics how reflective or metallic looking the S symbol is but if you are aiming for film accuracy and not how this suit looks in real life than the S symbol needs to be painted a darker color red like close to maroon.

Also the yellow on the S shield needs to be darker and actually look like it is fading into the blue color of the suit like it looks here.

So a dark blueish color yellow.

Last edited:
Back