1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

There's a reason they gave him the longer pegs, his legs look extremely odd with the shorter ones.

The mods look great guys. I wish I was brave enough to try them. But I am so scared to ruin this figure.

I felt the same way Darth Zangetsu but I did little by little. I started off with a repaint of the hope symbol to give it a more reflective aspect like in the movie. The next day was a custom blue metallic mix dry brushed on the gauntlets to be more movie accurate and gold/copper mixture on the belt. Then today was the plunge to mod the traps removing the inner collar and moving the outer collar down and painting all the black lines on his suit and collar with the blue metallic. I also did the hope symble edges in the blue metallic as well.

Point is, just start small and work your way up to the more difficult mods, none of these mods are that difficult. Just go very very slow and you'll be fine. Patience and going very slow is key. I'd start off with something small like the gauntlets and go from there. I will post some pics tomorrow of my finished product. But I gotta say with all these mods done he looks 10 times better than stock and will be complete once he has the Tony custom cape!!

Looks great! I like the copper on the gold idea. I think I'll try it.

And yeah it's extra work to finish it off with the stripes and collar color but it's so worth it. I'm looking at mine and it was a big pain and risk to fine tune the stripes but the results are so smooth.

I have to try your S symbol technique now :thud::lol

I can't wait to get Tony's cape. I think it will be the icing on the cake.

Thanks man, I just finished up doing the black lining on his suit. A major pain in the butt, but it looks awesome now. I look at this figure now and I get so excited for how well he turned out.

I think you'll be happy once you finish up your mods. Post some pics when you are done. I am going to post some tomorrow.

Quick side by side next to the Medicom Batman :)

IMG_5586.jpg

I felt the same way Darth Zangetsu but I did little by little. I started off with a repaint of the hope symbol to give it a more reflective aspect like in the movie. The next day was a custom blue metallic mix dry brushed on the gauntlets to be more movie accurate and gold/copper mixture on the belt. Then today was the plunge to mod the traps removing the inner collar and moving the outer collar down and painting all the black lines on his suit and collar with the blue metallic. I also did the hope symble edges in the blue metallic as well.

Point is, just start small and work your way up to the more difficult mods, none of these mods are that difficult. Just go very very slow and you'll be fine. Patience and going very slow is key. I'd start off with something small like the gauntlets and go from there. I will post some pics tomorrow of my finished product. But I gotta say with all these mods done he looks 10 times better than stock and will be complete once he has the Tony custom cape!!

we all have our first time : ) :clap

Is the ankle mod easily reversible?

Yes. You just pop the boots off (hopefully the pegs are left behind on the ankles) and replace the pegs with shorter ones. The boots are a little snug going on with shorter pegs but you just have to make sure you hear them "pop" into place.

It bunches the suit a bit around the knees but eventually smooths out.

Also if a peg gets left in the boot it makes it harder to get out. Just grab a pair of needle nose pliers and grab the peg inside the boot to pull it out. It really only makes about an 1/8 of an inch difference in height so it's not really that much of a noticeable mod.

Heres mine after the mid and painting gauntlets....tony cape here tomorrow also....only thing is the pics dnt show the blue metallic on collar and gauntlets well at al. You guys think I should go lighter blue? In person it looks really good to me bt a tad lighter would be better I thinkà

So, I think I may have missed a step. I removed the inner collar and hollowed out the upper collar but I still don't see much of a difference. I want to see more neck like some of the photos other people posted

Here's a pic of my figure post 'under collar' mod. As you can see it has been removed and the suit is still intact. I did cut the upper collar, but it wasn't necessary. :/

There's a reason they gave him the longer pegs, his legs look extremely odd with the shorter ones.

How so?

what pegs are you guys using? The stock pegs don't seem to long...

Captain America First Avenger. Trust me, they are. A lot of light was peeking through the floor of the cape. Now the tips scrapes off the floor. I don't see light. Red, shadow, floor.

So, I think I may have missed a step. I removed the inner collar and hollowed out the upper collar but I still don't see much of a difference. I want to see more neck like some of the photos other people posted

We all repositioned the collar closer to the emblem as well.

After my mods mine does not show that much of the curve of his neck. What did I do wrong :-/

that was the reason why I went the extra mile to hollow out the collar as well..... I wasn't satisfy when the inner collar was removed at first either.....

After the mod, how do I install Tony's cape? Just glue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did that also but I guess mine still looks good but I didn't achieve the neck curve

Back