1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

great shot hologram

12074017714_2945a0be62_b.jpg

Classic shot Hologram AI!:clap

What an awesome figure. My only complaint is the cape. It's not terrible but I wish it was flatter on the shoulder area. Waiting to receive Tony Meis cape which will improve that.

The base it also huge but the flight stand is perfect for this figure. Just wish we got an alternative black stand that could hold the flight pole so we don't need to rely on the huge S stand just to use it.

12074017714_2945a0be62_b.jpg

part of the reason for the high shoulders look of the cape ,is there are 2 plastic forms that press together either side of the suit ,to hold it together and form the collar ,and hold the cape on to the suit ,the top one is the one Tony trimmed and showed in his pics ,the bottom one is what raises the cape up and encloses the neck ,removing this open up the neck and lowers the trap area of the suit and cape ,here are some picture that ,i hope will make sense of what ive just typed lol ,
20140121_182017_zpsf97a46e6.jpg
20140121_182051_zps87de63d7.jpg
20140121_182236_zpsd6f9db32.jpg
20140121_183041_zpsa2b0bdc3.jpg
20140121_183143_zps14d73f65.jpg
the last two pics show the suit back on minus the bottom part of the neck piece ,thats why the suit is unattached at the front of the collar ,a little careful glue should do the trick,as you can see the stock cape lies much flatter with that part removed ,so Tonys will look spectacular im sure

The base it also huge but the flight stand is perfect for this figure. Just wish we got an alternative black stand that could hold the flight pole so we don't need to rely on the huge S stand just to use it.

It is my assumption that the size of the base helps offset the weight of the figure in a flying pose so that it does not topple over. A smaller base could accommodate a figure in a vertical hovering pose but once you flipped the figure into a horizontal flight position it would fall unless they made the base much heavier than usual.

I am getting pretty nervous about this base fitting in my display I built, fingers crossed!

part of the reason for the high shoulders look of the cape ,is there are 2 plastic forms that press together either side of the suit ,to hold it together and form the collar ,and hold the cape on to the suit ,the top one is the one Tony trimmed and showed in his pics ,the bottom one is what raises the cape up and encloses the neck ,removing this open up the neck and lowers the trap area of the suit and cape ,here are some picture that ,i hope will make sense of what ive just typed lol ,
20140121_182017_zpsf97a46e6.jpg
20140121_182051_zps87de63d7.jpg
20140121_182236_zpsd6f9db32.jpg
20140121_183041_zpsa2b0bdc3.jpg
20140121_183143_zps14d73f65.jpg
the last two pics show the suit back on minus the bottom part of the neck piece ,thats why the suit is unattached at the front of the collar ,a little careful glue should do the trick,as you can see the stock cape lies much flatter with that part removed ,so Tonys will look spectacular im sure

Hmm so are you saying we should trim off the top part of the collar

I just unboxed mine! Just as everybody said this figure is awesome! Not much more to say than what's already been said.

Figured I would post a picture showing other figures that have not seen shown yet next to him for size comparison.

Got mine today as well, really nice figure except its totally out of scale with every other hero HT figure ever made. I put a pair of short foot pegs on it & now it's a bit more reasonable...it's just a tad taller than most of the Iron Man figures. At least it doesn't tower over Jor-El anymore. But even the barbells on the pegs are bigger than previous versions so to use the shorter pegs I had to stiffen it up with some super glue...I'll save the long pegs for The Crow.

Last edited:

This is my first 1/6th scale figure ever, and I couldn't be happier with it. Really an amazing work of art!

Fantastic shots Remy! :clap

I don't think I will be modding mine. I did that with the DX12 and ended up just not liking it any more :( Definitely don't want that feeling with this figure.

Hmm so are you saying we should trim off the top part of the collar

no not at all , the part that needs to be remove to make the cape lie flatter is the bottom part that's under the suit shown in picture 3 ,to do that you will have to cut open the suit at the back ,then peel the suit off ,then the bottom part is glued to the top part ,with the suit in between them ,mine came apart pretty easy ,but its super thin at the front and i wouldn't not be surprised if it ripped apart ,if your lucky and it doesn't rip ,your then faced with the front of the suit not attached to the collar as seen in the last two pics ,a easyish fix ,and you will have to close the back of the suit up some way ,on the plus side it does open up the neck a little and the cape certainly lies flatter than before ,but i honestly i wouldn't recommend anyone try this ,id wait until Tony or someone works out a better way of achieving a flatter look

Congrats on getting this figure finally in hand guys! Mine is here, but I won't be getting him until late tomorrow when I have to pick him up from the post office. :gah::gah:

These recent in hand pics are agonizing. :monkey2

Here are the side by sides as promised. Just quick iPhone pics, also just wanted to stand the figures straight to get a comparison. Over all I'm happy with his size. Doesn't matter if it's not the actors right height, he's Superman and is suppose to be taller than average. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390353023.606840.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1390353038.841897.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1390353054.309305.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1390353065.634751.jpg

Got mine today as well, really nice figure except its totally out of scale with every other hero HT figure ever made. I put a pair of short foot pegs on it & now it's a bit more reasonable...it's just a tad taller than most of the Iron Man figures. At least it doesn't tower over Jor-El anymore. But even the barbells on the pegs are bigger than previous versions so to use the shorter pegs I had to stiffen it up with some super glue...I'll save the long pegs for The Crow.

could you show pictures of your mod ,as i tried it and couldn't get the boots to go far enough up his calves to connect the pegs ,maybe i should have tried harder lol ,look forward to seeing your mod cheers chris

Received mine today as well, beautiful figure and an all around home-run by Hot Toys. He is massive though, ridiculously so even.

Back