1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Very nice pics. Mine is supposed to be coming tomorrow. But a huge snow storm is hitting the northeast right now. So I might have to wait until Thursday. :/

Thank you. :)
Yikes, hopefully it doesnt affect your shipping.
You will definitely love this figure.

Fantastic shots Remy! :clap

I don't think I will be modding mine. I did that with the DX12 and ended up just not liking it any more :( Definitely don't want that feeling with this figure.

Thanks G.
What happened with your DX12?
Did you just feel it was too much work?

The only reason I eventually fell in love with the dx12 was because of the modding.
As a stock figure, I hated it. Almost sold it.
But all the mods including the MRM head and Robbie's faceplate made me
love the figure.

As far as modding this, the biggest thing for me is replacing the cape.
The bright color and the cape bulging on the shoulder is the nitpick that bugs me.
Another thing I'm tempted to do, but not sure yet if I will do it, is add metallic red paint
to the "S" symbol cause in the movie, there' many scenes where its very reflective and
has a metallic nature.
But not sure if I'll even do that.
But really other than the cape, this is fantastic figure.
And the size doesnt even bother me as I thought it would.
Even for a stock figure, this is truly a great great figure.

Very nice. How did you manipulate the cape for the shot?

Here are the side by sides as promised. Just quick iPhone pics, also just wanted to stand the figures straight to get a comparison. Over all I'm happy with his size. Doesn't matter if it's not the actors right height, he's Superman and is suppose to be taller than average. View attachment 89670View attachment 89671View attachment 89672View attachment 89673

Thanks again for the comparison shots Gambit :hi5: some people made it sound like ASM was a complete dwarf next to Superman but he doesnt look all that small to me. Ive never thought of spiderman as being a big guy so this scale makes sense to me and now i think i'll pick one up. Thanks for the help buddy :wave

The bright color and the cape bulging on the shoulder is the nitpick that bugs me.
Another thing I'm tempted to do, but not sure yet if I will do it, is add metallic red paint
to the "S" symbol cause in the movie, there' many scenes where its very reflective and
has a metallic nature.

And the size doesnt even bother me as I thought it would.

This is the one thing I wish was a bit different. I love that metallic sort of look to the s shield. Looking forward to seeing if people manage to mod that.

could you show pictures of your mod ,as i tried it and couldn't get the boots to go far enough up his calves to connect the pegs ,maybe i should have tried harder lol ,look forward to seeing your mod cheers chris
No pics available, camera is out of batteries. You just have to push hard enough to get them to snap in...then shove the suit back down into the boot.

Thanks again for the comparison shots Gambit :hi5: some people made it sound like ASM was a complete dwarf next to Superman but he doesnt look all that small to me. Ive never thought of spiderman as being a big guy so this scale makes sense to me and now i think i'll pick one up. Thanks for the help buddy :wave

No problemo! Glad I can help! :hi5:

After waiting over a year for Spidey and being on the fence on getting MOS Superman once preorders went up, I'm glad I got both figures.

Got my superman in today and I have to say this might be my favorite figure I own now, so awesome!:yess:

This is the one thing I wish was a bit different. I love that metallic sort of look to the s shield. Looking forward to seeing if people manage to mod that.

Yeah, I thought that was a nice touch when I first saw the movie.
I thought, Hmm...Man of steel, and his "S" looks metallic when light hits it,
has a nice red chrome effect.
Though that was a nice subtle touch.

Got my superman in today and I have to say this might be my favorite figure I own now, so awesome!:yess:

Grats man. :hi5:

Love this figure.. Here is my display so far.

24v89k5.jpg

What an awesome figure. My only complaint is the cape. It's not terrible but I wish it was flatter on the shoulder area. Waiting to receive Tony Meis cape which will improve that.

The base it also huge but the flight stand is perfect for this figure. Just wish we got an alternative black stand that could hold the flight pole so we don't need to rely on the huge S stand just to use it.

12074017714_2945a0be62_b.jpg

I must say.. this pose is AWESOME! Just might have to steal it.
View attachment 89657

Sooooo many great pics! Can't wait to get mine! This figure is a work of art! Keep the great pics coming everyone! There are just too many multi-quote that I like so far! :clap

Ordered mine today - toy2.net have him now in stock and should be here within 2 days - I can't wait looks like just an overall classy figure!

Here's some more pictures I took with my phone today. I plan on taking some with my DSLR soon, but I just wanted to play around with a few poses today. I currently have him posed like the 2nd picture for now, but I'm sure that will change as there are endless awesome poses for this figure haha.

No problemo! Glad I can help! :hi5:

After waiting over a year for Spidey and being on the fence on getting MOS Superman once preorders went up, I'm glad I got both figures.

I was on the fence about getting spidey as well, but if i dont have a problem how he looks next to Supes then I officially have no problem! Once I get the funds I'll pull the trigger and post pics, thanks again Gambit :wave

Got my MOS Supes in yesterday, and boy oh boy... i couldn't be more excited. I took some quick shots with my cell phone until i can get my real camera all set up...

One thing i wanted to capture (pun intended) with these pictures was to try to get the look of the suit in the movie through some very basic editing on my phone. I had noticed how different this figure looks in every single user upload, and how some had some minor gripes with the figure being "too bright" compared to the movie.

Here's the initial picture:
20140120_204115_LLS.jpg

Here's more-so what the figure looks like to the human eye:
2014-01-20 21.25.57.jpg

And here's a semi movie look (best i could do with my phone)
2014-01-20 21.36.26.jpg

I have seen the actual suit in person and with the figure in hand, its incredibly close to the real suit, pre-filters and such.

"Kal, look"
-you-can-save-her-kal-you-can-save-them-all-_137344-fli_1371484282-280-80.jpg

"...Lois..."
2014-01-21 02.39.20.jpg

"You can save her, Kal. You can save... all of them"
article-2324346-19C6330A000005DC-828_634x393.jpg

2014-01-20 21.50.16.jpg
(Excuse my groceries, and rice cooker. Haha)

Don't know why all my pictures are popping up small! Arg.

Thanks G.
What happened with your DX12?
Did you just feel it was too much work?

The only reason I eventually fell in love with the dx12 was because of the modding.
As a stock figure, I hated it. Almost sold it.
But all the mods including the MRM head and Robbie's faceplate made me
love the figure.

has a metallic nature.
And the size doesn't even bother me as I thought it would.

Nothing bad happened with my DX12...it's just idk. Some figures I like to mod but like even with their inaccuracies, I wouldn't mod my DX06 or CR Superman, etc. I guess after all the mods, it lost it's purity. idk how to explain it, I just didn't like it anymore. I mean I made it as accurate as possible aside from a custom cape but it lost something for me after all the mods. It's hard to explain. :lol I just think for me, I'd rather leave this figure untouched and kept in it's original form

Nothing bad happened with my DX12...it's just idk. Some figures I like to mod but like even with their inaccuracies, I wouldn't mod my DX06 or CR Superman, etc. I guess after all the mods, it lost it's purity. idk how to explain it, I just didn't like it anymore. I mean I made it as accurate as possible aside from a custom cape but it lost something for me after all the mods. It's hard to explain. :lol I just think for me, I'd rather leave this figure untouched and kept in it's original form

I see.
Well, the good thing is, unlike the dx12, this figure, even in 100% stock is freaking beautiful!
The dx12 needed a lot of work, this figure doesn't.
Honestly, even the cape which I nitpicked is nice as well.
Probably the best cape hot toys has done.
Its just that, for me personally, I want the cape darker, and I'm a big fan of Tony's cape, so I have to customize mine.

This is one of the few figures that even without any mods, its sweet as hell man.

Back