1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Finally, some better photos, Better photos to support my decision to definitely pass on this and wait for version 2.

Sorry guys, some of you can always convince yourself that there won't be another better version and that's perfectly fine if it makes you sleep better at night. And even if HT does make some tweaks before they mass produce this, the next version always tends to be better.

Also, a second version doesn't even depend on whether they will go on with a sequel or not. Look at the Dark Knight Joker DX, T-800, Robocop, Iron man Mark 3.

And if they ever go on with a sequel, why the hell would HT pass on making another superman figure for that. HT is not a new company. You should learn to understand it's business strategy by now.

You carry on mate :) none of us need to justify our choices to each other and none of us see the figures the same way, i'll be getting this because i like it not because others do, and i'll be getting the MoS 2 figure or any remake as well as i love the modern take on the character and the design. Your right, HT will make many more Superman figures in the coming years, and most likely the whole Justice League team when it happens, it will be a great time to be a DC collector

Finally, some better photos, Better photos to support my decision to definitely pass on this and wait for version 2.

Sorry guys, some of you can always convince yourself that there won't be another better version and that's perfectly fine if it makes you sleep better at night. And even if HT does make some tweaks before they mass produce this, the next version always tends to be better.

Also, a second version doesn't even depend on whether they will go on with a sequel or not. Look at the Dark Knight Joker DX, T-800, Robocop, Iron man Mark 3.

And if they ever go on with a sequel, why the hell would HT pass on making another superman figure for that. HT is not a new company. You should learn to understand it's business strategy by now.

But what if they then do a third film, or a fourth? Are you going to keep passing on figures just in case a better version comes out? If we all did that then we would all have empty shelves and cabinets :slap

But what if they then do a third film, or a fourth? Are you going to keep passing on figures just in case a better version comes out? If we all did that then we would all have empty shelves and cabinets :slap

... and a lot more money and a happier wife

In this alternate reality she seems to have more shoes...

I could imagine a scene in the sequel with Clark creating the fortress from his key in the arctic, and having Lois there.
They walk down a corridor and she looks in a room which has a bunch of different suits.
She asks him what they all are, and he remarks that the suit he wears now is a ceremonial suit from the house of El but that, on Krypton, there were many different styles, and she picks one and says: "How about you wear this one?"(Pointing to a newer, cooler suit, so we all have to buy the HT 2.0 version).
:rotfl

I could imagine a scene in the sequel with Clark creating the fortress from his key in the arctic, and having Lois there.
They walk down a corridor and she looks in a room which has a bunch of different suits.
She asks him what they all are, he explains that this is where the merchandising team have stepped in to ensure that multiple toys can be made with a justifiable excuse, and she picks one and says: "How about you wear this one?"(Pointing to a newer, cooler suit, so we all have to buy the HT 2.0 version).

Edited for truth

She asks him what they all are, and he remarks that the suit he wears now is a ceremonial suit from the house of El but that, on Krypton, there were many different styles, and she picks one and says: "How about you wear this one?"(Pointing to a newer, cooler suit, so we all have to buy the HT 2.0 version).

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm glad to have pre-ordered this figure. I have a strong feeling that the final product will blow away the proto. Just as long as they don't mess with the head sculpt, I'll be happy.

And I still find it strange that he sold out so quickly at most anywhere that isn't Sideshow.

Cavill on Christopher Reeve body size. What do you think?

9f64.jpg

MUCH better. :clap

LOL

Not even worried. See ya in Winter.

He is just trying to convince himself that he is making the best decision and they will do a 2nd version.. for every figure he names (Iconic) you can name several who didn't get a 2nd version (Maguire Spidey R&B, Blade, Leonidas, etc..)

Great response. Im gonna save this one for future reference for my "i told you so" post.:wink1:

Anyway, Hulk97, you have a very good point. :)

He's still too fat Hot Toys. Please don't show any more photos until you've put him on the correct body. All this is doing is reinforcing my decision not to preorder.

Back