1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Did Hot Toys say for certain they are changing the body for the final product? I'm curious why they didn't just wait until they had a more accurate prototype rather than show something that is quite a bit different from what the final product would be?

HT seems to have a problem with showing wonky prototypes. I remember the Avengers version of Thor was shown at ComicCon [?] with absolutely terrible chain mail on his arms. It looked absolutely awful and changed many people's minds about ordering him.

It seems really counterproductive to show collectors inferior product, but I'm not running HT. Oh well....

Cavill on Christopher Reeve body size. What do you think?

9f64.jpg

THAT IS BEAUTIFUL now why did they not do this to being with??!!!! Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan................

Did Hot Toys say for certain they are changing the body for the final product? I'm curious why they didn't just wait until they had a more accurate prototype rather than show something that is quite a bit different from what the final product would be?

Because everyone was harassing them to show something other than Ironman :lol

Why would they change this if they're trying to get it out asap? Look at the Indy figure and all the complaining people were doing. Did anything change on that figure? No. So why think that anything will change on this with all the complaining?

Why would they change this if they're trying to get it out asap? Look at the Indy figure and all the complaining people were doing. Did anything change on that figure? No. So why think that anything will change on this with all the complaining?

Because sometimes, they DO change things. Both Avengers Thor and Tony Stark received changes in response to complaints.

The specs say "newly developed body" meaning that this figure will come with a new body.

:lecture

Right on. You can definitely tell this is on an Arnie body.

Be patient, folks, we've got a loooooonnnngg wait ahead of us.

We shall see....

THAT IS BEAUTIFUL now why did they not do this to being with??!!!! Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan................

I think it's like people are saying, that they have not only used the TTM20 body, but have a padding suit on it(It helps to disguise the fact there is a doll body inside as you well know).
They *will* fix it for sure.
If not, we know it has a zip on the suit...
:rotfl

I still can't pull the trigger on ordering this guy. I can't put my finger on it but something is stopping me from doing it.

Too much discussion, had to skip a few pages. I'm still on the fence about buying this figure. Part of it depends on whether they are going to make Zod too.

I'm not worried at all about it the body. If it comes out next year and nothing has changed I will just cancel it.

Is it body size? Or didn't you like the movie?

I really don't know. I enjoyed the movie and he'd look great next to Nolan's bats. Body size doesn't bother me as im sure the proto is just a temp body. Just sometime telling me not to PO.

Those were good pics. It already looks like a different body to me just judging by the neck

He does look slimmer. The sculpt looks a little different too but that could just be the lighting.

He does look slimmer. The sculpt looks a little different too but that could just be the lighting.

Those pics were posted earlier and the sculpt was remarked upon then too.
It's just the incredible lighting in the images. My detolf lights from above and the shadows will be more like the HT promo images.

It's also been remarked that it's a red Loki cape placeholder. the MOS cape looks nothing like that.

Here is the previous post with those images inline:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5763415&postcount=1254

Yeah i mean the original cape does pleat at the shoulders but then it just falls naturally towards the back and is a lot darker, so if it isn't up to par on release im sure there will be custom capes out there.

Back