1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

:exactly:

Lawful evil they call him.... It's amazing how this movie makes me want to get all the figures, specially Faora.

I love every second of screen time of her, such a character, evil, slightly twisted, sharing the purpose with Zod.

Please let that Arnold body be a placeholder, PLEASE!

Looking at those pics and the toyhunter display pics, not only is that a DX10 body, but they put the thigh enhancers one it as well from the looks. But since it seems that there is indeed a zipper at the back, that would be an easy remedy
:exactly:

Lawful evil they call him.... It's amazing how this movie makes me want to get all the figures, specially Faora.

I love every second of screen time of her, such a character, evil, slightly twisted, sharing the purpose with Zod.

Zod and Faora are musts no doubt about it! hopefully HT sees it that way too!

If this figure is selling out everywhere, I just don't see how that's NOT going to translate into HT seeing how they can milk the cash cows [us] all over again. They better get on that Movie Masterpiece/DX Zod ASAP.

5831506418_d713fdfa85_z.jpg

Pictures by ON.CC are up.

That cape is the first thing I'm switching out. I don't know who's idea it was to give the cape the same pattern that Loki's cape has.

0618-00487-001b2.jpg

0618-00487-001b3.jpg

0618-00487-001b5.jpg

0618-00487-001b6.jpg

0618-00487-001b7.jpg

0618-00487-001b8.jpg

0618-00487-001b9.jpg

0618-00487-001b10.jpg

0618-00487-001b11.jpg

0618-00487-001b12.jpg

Went ahead and secured my pre-order. If it turns out the body is not going to fixed, I can at least decide whether to cancel or switch it to a better suited body.

how can superman fly with all that weight on him?
Spoiler Spoiler:
was never said in the film :(

Last edited:

Finally, some better photos, Better photos to support my decision to definitely pass on this and wait for version 2.

Sorry guys, some of you can always convince yourself that there won't be another better version and that's perfectly fine if it makes you sleep better at night. And even if HT does make some tweaks before they mass produce this, the next version always tends to be better.

Also, a second version doesn't even depend on whether they will go on with a sequel or not. Look at the Dark Knight Joker DX, T-800, Robocop, Iron man Mark 3.

And if they ever go on with a sequel, why the hell would HT pass on making another superman figure for that. HT is not a new company. You should learn to understand it's business strategy by now.

how can superman fly with all that weight on him?
Spoiler Spoiler:
was never said in the film :(

Spoiler Spoiler:

oncc is notorious for bad photos.... mainly because everything they shoot is in magnified flash that makes everything look bad.

Finally, some better photos, Better photos to support my decision to definitely pass on this and wait for version 2.

Sorry guys, some of you can always convince yourself that there won't be another better version and that's perfectly fine if it makes you sleep better at night. And even if HT does make some tweaks before they mass produce this, the next version always tends to be better.

Also, a second version doesn't even depend on whether they will go on with a sequel or not. Look at the Dark Knight Joker DX, T-800, Robocop, Iron man Mark 3.

And if they ever go on with a sequel, why the hell would HT pass on making another superman figure for that. HT is not a new company. You should learn to understand it's business strategy by now.
What reason is there to make a Version 2.0 for this? :dunno DX Joker, T-800 all have reasons to get another reason but this figure doesn't.

There is no "Battle Damage" version to be made. The only thing I can think of them doing is making one with a added sculpt but I highly doubt that since the overall figure will be the same. There's nothing to this figure to add, no battle damage, no extra accessory, no nothing other than a sculpt as I have mentioned.

Should they make another one with just a different sculpt, you can just pick up that sculpt on it's own. The next Superman figure I see happening is from the sequel.

Don't care how many they make, I'll buy them all

oncc is notorious for bad photos.... mainly because everything they shoot is in magnified flash that makes everything they ever shoot look bad.

:goodpost::lecture

can't stress this enough...REMEMBER BANE?!?!

Spoiler Spoiler:

:goodpost:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I want this and I pre ordered it the day it came up. I have no delusions what so ever that there will most likely be a better version somewhere down the line. Either the movie is successful enough for Hot Toys to bring out a DX or its successful enough that Man of Steel 2 is made and Hot Toys will make another Superman with a suit that is either the exact same or very similar to this one.
However, that is going to be 2 to 3 years away, at minimum, and still not guaranteed until Man of Steel is officially a success. I can't wait that long. I'm going to have a hard enough time waiting until early next year for a MOS Superman. Do I hope they tweak the body? Absolutely. If they don't tweak it, then this is still more than good enough for me.

I want this and I pre ordered it the day it came up. I have no delusions what so ever that there will most likely be a better version somewhere down the line. Either the movie is successful enough for Hot Toys to bring out a DX or its successful enough that Man of Steel 2 is made and Hot Toys will make another Superman with a suit that is either the exact same or very similar to this one.
However, that is going to be 2 to 3 years away, at minimum, and still not guaranteed until Man of Steel is officially a success. I can't wait that long. I'm going to have a hard enough time waiting until early next year for a MOS Superman. Do I hope they tweak the body? Absolutely. If they don't tweak it, then this is still more than good enough for me.

The sequel is already underway and approved by the studio.

I'm pretty much just buying a Superman and (hopefully) Zod to hang out with all my Nolan Bats figs. So unless they do something drastically better, this version works for me just fine.

Back