1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

I hold a special place in my heart for The 1978 Superman film . As a child growing up and watching this film and especially hearing that unbelievable score just made me feel like I can accomplish anything in life and it still does today every time I play the bluray . It's just one of my favorite movies/soundtracks ever and will never be replaced or forgotten . I know this movie was great at times with the special effects but it did not effect me emotionally like the original and that's why I'm upset .i guess I should have known that though .

Of course a movie you watched over and over as a kid and for the last 30 years has had more of an impact than this film.

/Logic

I'm actually the opposite. Was immediately sucked into the MoS Soundtrack when first hearing it. Been listening to it back to back at work ever since it was released. It took me a couple tries to get into the Begins and TDK soundtracks. The TDKR is my favorite of the 3 though. Also love Zimmer's work on 3 of the 4 POTC films as well as the Last Samurai score

man i really love the bb score and the tdkr score and the tdk score ~ oh heck, they are all great.

and yes, last samurai is excellent!

Of course a movie you watched over and over as a kid and for the last 30 years has had more of an impact than this film.

/Logic

There's a reason why I watched it over and over as a kid . Because it was a great movie !

There's a reason why I watched it over and over as a kid . Because it was a great movie !

And if you were a kid now, you wouldn't watch this film over and over? Hell, I plan to once I get the blu-ray and I'm far from a kid.

man i really love the bb score and the tdkr score and the tdk score ~ oh heck, they are all great.

and yes, last samurai is excellent!

The 'Dark Knight' scores will always be my favorite, but I love the MoS score. Disc 2 of the MoS score is a masterpiece!!! Love it!!!! Really really amazing!!! I like it better than Disc 1. It flows better for me. i love Disc 1, just Disc 2 is incredible. :)

Zimmer's 'Inception' score is beautiful & amazing as well.

Oh and cant forget 'Gladiator'. Lisa Gerrard is my favorite singer from one of my favorite bands Dead Can Dance. :):)

No they shouldn't have. It would not have fit in tone. I get that people love the Donner films. i get they have defined Superman for lots of people. But this nostalgia hate is just sad. I love the Burton Batman films. Keaton is my Batman. But I don't hold it against Nolan or Bale that they went a completely different direction. Burton's films still exist, and i can watch them anytime on blu. Nolan did his OWN thing. Snyder did his OWN thing. I didn't want a rehash of Donner. We got that with Superman Returns, and it sucked.

Good post. That should be the end of that discussion.

whoaaaaaaaaaa other than sideshow, this figure is selling out at other retailers i.e. bbts, csc, alterego

I think Sideshow kept the bulk of the distribution to themselves. I'm sure they figured it was going to sell out at the other retailers for cheap so they played it smart and reduced the amount alotted to stores like BBTS, Alter-Ego, etc.

It's actually a smart business move on their part. More Dolla Bills to keep to themselves.

And if you were a kid now, you wouldn't watch this film over and over? Hell, I plan to once I get the blu-ray and I'm far from a kid.

Same. I'm sure a lot of kids today will love Man of Steel and watch this just as much as I watched the 1978 movie practically everyday before I had to go to school.

I love those movies and Reeve was a great supes, even more so off screen in my opinion. The thing is his portrayal is of a character that hasn't existed since 86 and I'm glad someone had the ***** to finally move on. Heck I even enjoyed Superman Returns, and I can understand what Singer was trying to do, but being tethered to the original movies is what held it back in my opinion.

Much like the comic books, these movies are always going to be a little different everytime there's a reboot or whenever someone else takes over, which is why I just watch them as objectively as I can.

I'm heading out to the city today, the new costume is out on display!

whoaaaaaaaaaa other than sideshow, this figure is selling out at other retailers i.e. bbts, csc, alterego

Craziness.

I didn't expect that just yet, but I guess the box office haul of this film ain't no joke.

Same here. I'm planning on seeing again this weekend with my girlfriend. I enjoyed the film immensely. Cavil is my Superman.

I'd say this works as the theme pretty well...

https://youtu.be/nUbRgzydnmM

Problem is that there is no real melody. It's beautiful, but not hummable.

On a side note, anyone ever hum the old Superman theme and realize a minute later that you have morphed it into the Star Wars theme?

I think Sideshow kept the bulk of the distribution to themselves. I'm sure they figured it was going to sell out at the other retailers for cheap so they played it smart and reduced the amount alotted to stores like BBTS, Alter-Ego, etc.

It's actually a smart business move on their part. More Dolla Bills to keep to themselves.

It's not just with MoS though, it's with all HT figures that SS has cut back on retailer stock. Most likely b/c lots of ppl prefer to order through a retailer who usually have it cheaper including shipping like myself. I always got to AE b/c it turns out to be cheaper for me including shipping not to mention, you get reward points with any purchase as well AND you don't have to wait 45 days before it's applied unlike sideshow. I'm seeing more and more stuff being put in Sideshow's giftcard list b/c they can't move the overstock that they created for themselves

Same here. I'm planning on seeing again this weekend with my girlfriend. I enjoyed the film immensely. Cavil is my Superman.
:goodpost:
Same here! Been waiting to feel what the Reeve fans must feel and it is great. Cavil is my Superman too :yess:

I just watched it and it was great :)

I still love the Reeve films for nostalgia sakes but this darker, less wet, not a boy scout Supes is my kinda Supes as well.

I just watched it and it was great :)

I still love the Reeve films for nostalgia sakes but this darker, less wet, not a boy scout Supes is my kinda Supes as well.

This is exactly how I feel. Nostalgia of my youth only takes me so far. I like this take on Superman.

Really dig Cavil in the role.

On a side note, anyone ever hum the old Superman theme and realize a minute later that you have morphed it into the Star Wars theme?

All the time.

Or, if you've recently heard the Star Wars theme and it's in your head you can't hum or remember the Superman theme and vice versa.

Why can't people enjoy both Reeve's movies and MoS? One isn't meant to take over the other. Its like comics, there have been thousands of different Superman stories for like 75 years. MoS is just a todays version. No need to think this is trying to erase the Reeve's Superman. They were awesome then and still are today IMO, and i think MoS is amazing too. You can watch and enjoy both you know...:)

Problem is that there is no real melody. It's beautiful, but not hummable.

And one can do that with a lot of his stuff. Close Encounters, Jaws, Indy, Jurassic Park, Harry Potter, Home Alone. Love the Olympic fanfare as well. Just got that melodic flow and you know exactly where it comes from.:lol

Man might have to break out the soundtrack tunes tonight.:rotfl

Why can't people enjoy both Reeve's movies and MoS? One isn't meant to take over the other. Its like comics, there have been thousands of different Superman stories for like 75 years. MoS is just a todays version. No need to think this is trying to erase the Reeve's Superman. They were awesome then and still are today IMO, and i think MoS is amazing too. You can watch and enjoy both you know...:)

:goodpost::goodpost::exactly:

Totally agree. I just see Reeve representing pre-crisis supes and Cavil Post-crisis.

Also the fact that MOS is issue 0 of a shared universe has me excited. Can't wait for Del Toro's Justice League Dark either.

Back