1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

I think this film is going to have a bigger impact and be more popular than the Spider-man film, so there's that. The Spidey reboot puts me in mind of X-Men: First Class or Tron: Legacy - films that definitely have a fan base, but super-mega-blockbusters.... maybe no.

This is a great way of putting it dudette. :) I'm personally a big fan of both X-Men: First Class and ASM but I realise they have a limited fan base and aren't huge blockbuster fare. Just personal taste I guess. As for this film, I'm still a little undecided. While I didn't feel it lived up to what I'd hoped/expected, I did enjoy it and think Cavill was fantastic. I think I need to see it again now I know what to expect and see if I can make up my mind. Perhaps my expectations were too high.

This is a great way of putting it dudette. :) I'm personally a big fan of both X-Men: First Class and ASM but I realise they have a limited fan base and aren't huge blockbuster fare. Just personal taste I guess. As for this film, I'm still a little undecided. While I didn't feel it lived up to what I'd hoped/expected, I did enjoy it and think Cavill was fantastic. I think I need to see it again now I know what to expect and see if I can make up my mind. Perhaps my expectations were too high.

I watched it earlier today and feel the same. I liked it and the action scenes were amazing but I still felt like it was missing something, I just can't figure out what. :dunno

Still put this on PO and hope they make Faora ( I would rather have her than Superman).

Chris Hemsworth is about 6'4", Cavill is maybe 5'10". I know he isn't 6ft, so Thor does have more muscle mass, at least in the movies.

Thor is more "buff". Hemsworth is well over 6ft tall and Cavill is just under. I know height has nothing to do with it. But if you consider the muscle to height ratio...

Cavill is 6'1". Just Fyi. :wink1:

https://www.celebritiesheight.com/henry-cavill-height-and-weight/

while the action in the movie was amazing, I too felt like the movie was missing something. Cavill looked great and was very good as Superman, but something was lacking in the movie that didn't really make me care about any of the things that were happening in the movie. I really wanted to love the movie, but could only give it 6/10.

hi everyone...

I'm suprised by this HT superman.. you seem to be happy with this Superman ?

But I think the body have a big problem :

130616102441421317.jpg

Too Big problem no ?

nobody thinks they made a "big" mistake ?

hi everyone...

130616102441421317.jpg

Too Big problem no ?

Yeh. A direct comparison like that really shows how ridiculous this is. :monkey4

You should have a little more faith in Hot Toys :lol

You should have a little more faith in Hot Toys :lol

No kidding. Remember the First HT Spider-Man proto pics? Final product totally different. Doesn't come out till winter kids...Relax!

I have no doubt this will look great once released. Already happy with it and feel it will only get much better. BTW, the movie was fantastic.....

That PS'd comparison has the HT fig a tad too bigger..
I know the HT one is really fatter than it should be,
but that PS'd pic just makes it look worse than it really is.

:wave

hi everyone...

130616102441421317.jpg

Too Big problem no ?

Yes, the biggest problem is his skin tone! Not accurate at all.

hi everyone...

Too Big problem no ?

You're like.. only the 6 millionth person to say that now. :lol

hi everyone...

130616102441421317.jpg

Too Big problem no ?

Yeah, he looks borderline obese. Pretty ridiculous. I almost feel like Hot Toys rushed this one. :cuckoo:

these threads shouldnt even be open until like a month before the figure is supposed to ship. We have 104 pages with 90% of the posts saying something to the effect of, "am I the only one that noticed the body is too big?"

Supes is really letting himself go these days. Did anyone else notice that he looks too plump? I'm not ordering this unless Hot Toys confirms that they will be downsizing him a bit.

Back