1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

these threads shouldnt even be open until like a month before the figure is supposed to ship. We have 104 pages with 90% of the posts saying something to the effect of, "am I the only one that noticed the body is too big?"

I may have to avoid this thread for a few months until more pics start to surface that show a different body.

I highly doubt that this is how it will turn out. It isn't like HT doesn't already have quite a few muscular bodies around that would be about right physique-wise.

It says in the description that they are using a new body. The one pictures is clearly an Arnie body

IT'S A PROTOTYPE!!!

these threads shouldnt even be open until like a month before the figure is supposed to ship. We have 104 pages with 90% of the posts saying something to the effect of, "am I the only one that noticed the body is too big?"

:exactly: :goodpost: Someday they will understand that.

:goodpost::lecture:exactly:

And we'll have at least a year to end up at the final product. :lol

Seriously...
:slap

:clap:goodpost:

And the fact that those posting "HAS ANYONE ELSE NOTICED THE BODY IS TOO BIG" shows that most don't take a few minutes to read a few pages back. :dunno

:clap:goodpost:

And the fact that those posting "HAS ANYONE ELSE NOTICED THE BODY IS TOO BIG" shows that most don't take a few minutes to read a few pages back. :dunno
..& straight after those helpful reminders on the previous page, we get:

Supes is really letting himself go these days. Did anyone else notice that he looks too plump?
:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Last edited:

these threads shouldnt even be open until like a month before the figure is supposed to ship.

You know, on second thought, given Hot Toys release schedule, half the threads on the board would be shut down on that policy. :rotfl

that's fine with me lol. not one thing useful has been posted in this one yet

I know what you mean. I think that's why the mods here seem to ignore off-topic-ness to a higher degree than other boards out there.

If it weren't for off-topic or wild speculations, most of the threads on SSF would be non-existent or empty. :lol

..& straight after those helpful reminders on the previous page, we get:

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

I just noticed that. :rotfl:slap

And soon to follow, will be the antagonists who post the same thing intentionally, trying to be cute or get a rise.

I'm seeing the movie today. I usually PO all Marvel and DC instantly. I'm a fan of the characters first, movies second. I will PO this, but I wanted to wait until after I saw the movie to see if that influenced me either way.

To get back to the positive. I'm glad we are getting this. It does suck that we will be waiting till Q1 2014, but I'm patient. Anyone want to guess the odds we get a Zod and Faora? I really want both of them. Shannon was excellent as Zod, and Faora was great as well. Plus I need some villains to go with my Nolan Batman Rogues.

To get back to the positive. I'm glad we are getting this. It does suck that we will be waiting till Q1 2014, but I'm patient. Anyone want to guess the odds we get a Zod and Faora? I really want both of them. Shannon was excellent as Zod, and Faora was great as well. Plus I need some villains to go with my Nolan Batman Rogues.

If the financial response to the figures is anywhere near the financial response to the film so far, I'd say count on at least a General Zod figure after Jor-El.

Despite a lot of the mixed feelings around the interwebz about the movie and this figure, I think in the end there are more people that like it than don't. Supes needs an arch-rival figure on his shelf.

If the financial response to the figures is anywhere near the financial response to the film so far, I'd say count on at least a General Zod figure after Jor-El.

Despite a lot of the mixed feelings around the interwebz about the movie and this figure, I think in the end there are more people that like it than don't. Supes needs an arch-rival figure on his shelf.

From what I gather just on here(an admitted poor source) this figure is being preordered like crazy despite the complaints. So hopefully that is a good sign for HT to at least do Zod.

Supes is going on the shelf with Batman, as i want my world's finest team up. But the beauty of shelves is you can always change them up for a little variety.

I took that image in front of the tanks and the HT promo pic and squished it about 15% from left to right. the head looks squished, but i think the head looks good to begin with.
I know the arnie arms look short(And as has been said before, it will be changed. Reeve got a bespoke body, this will too), but it's closer than the current one.

ManOfSteelcleared.jpg~original

hi everyone...

I'm suprised by this HT superman.. you seem to be happy with this Superman ?

But I think the body have a big problem :

130616102441421317.jpg

Too Big problem no ?

nobody thinks they made a "big" mistake ?

I think the colours bother me more that the mass.

That looks much better, User. Am really having a hard time figuring out why HT used this body with this figure, to begin with. Almost anything else they had would have been better looking. If I were Cavill I would genuinely be annoyed: "How dare they make me look fat?!" maybe he doesn't mind, who knows.

Darth: Anyone want to guess the odds we get a Zod and Faora? I really want both of them.

I don't know, but I'm hoping hard.

..... "Useful" complaints FTW! *rolls eyes*

People were discussing HT Loki on his thread for OVER ONE YEAR, not to mention every one of the Avengers as well. This is how these forums roll, people discuss preordering or not, every figure gets dissected down to a subatomic level, people complain, prop each other up and discuss the films in question. I actually find it very "useful" in making decisions.

All of that is fine but when every other post is someone new saying they think its too fat its a bit redundant

I took that image in front of the tanks and the HT promo pic and squished it about 15% from left to right. the head looks squished, but i think the head looks good to begin with.
I know the arnie arms look short(And as has been said before, it will be changed. Reeve got a bespoke body, this will too), but it's closer than the current one.

ManOfSteelcleared.jpg~original

That pic shows the glaring difference on the chest emblem as well. The movie's one has that metallic look that the figure is missing.

That pic shows the glaring difference on the chest emblem as well. The movie's one has that metallic look that the figure is missing.

To be fair, in the movie, the emblem goes from being matte to being shiny and then to metallic.
They had to pick one look.

Back