1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Preordered this the minute it went up, and I'm ten times more excited now that I've seen the movie.

I do hope they change the body though (shockingly original point here).

Re: Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Lets just say they don't change the body. The suit is still removable and you can put your own body I guess. But it would suck since its a $200 figure.

Lets just say they don't change the body. The suit is still removable and you can put your own body I guess. But it would suck since its a $200 figure.

yea but the suit also might be loose on a smaller body

Oh yeah that's right. Damn that would suck.

But lets face it the movie was if not good (which it certainly wasnt great despite its redeeming qualities) it was mediocre at very best and ultimately forgettable. Good enough and visually good enough to move merchandise no doubt, but the impact of the hype wearing of will reeeealy hurt this release.

Dear lord baby Jesus. :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Christopher Reeve is STILL the Man of Steel.

Dear lord baby Jesus. :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

i stopped caring what movies other people like or not a long time ago i enjoyed this movie a lot and couldnt careless if i was the only one its not perfect but its damn good and regardless if i liked it or not im still getting this HT lol

Only thing needed changing on the body are the thighs. They're just a little too big. The rest is fine. He was quite bulky in the shirtless scene. Other than that, it looks good to me.

If HT decided to fix the body, which they should, that means they have to re-tailor the entire suit. That leads to a long delays.

If HT decided to fix the body, which they should, that means they have to re-tailor the entire suit. That leads to a long delays.

Not necessarily. The figure isn't even close to going into production, plenty of time for tweaks to the body/suit etc.

But lets face it the movie was if not good (which it certainly wasnt great despite its redeeming qualities) it was mediocre at very best and ultimately forgettable. Good enough and visually good enough to move merchandise no doubt, but the impact of the hype wearing off will reeeealy hurt this release.

What hype? 95% of regular people who have actually seen the film, loving it? Get real.

You personally don't get to determine if this film fails or not, much like I don't get to determine that the next Adam Sandler vehicle will fail, or the next Tom Cruise one. I detest both of those actors, but am not delusional enough to imagine that my hatred alone will doom their films to obscurity. [Too bad...]

Look, you like Batman and that's great. If this film is not for you, the HT Batman threads are over yonder. Me, I like more than one thing - and I view that as a strength not a weakness.

KL: Christopher Reeve is STILL the Man of Steel.

Of course he is. Probably almost everyone in here loves Reeve and wishes he was still with us.

But he is gone. That was then, this is now and while we still revere his memory, we can appreciate a NEW chapter in this saga. Its no longer 1978. We do things differently now.

Last edited:

Not necessarily. The figure isn't even close to going into production, plenty of time for tweaks to the body/suit etc.

Yeah. That's the only window they have to make things right before get in to production.

Personally I found the film fantastic. Such a departure from what we know and it took a risk. This is coming from me who never really considered myself a fan of Superman.

No spoilers below but if you haven't seen you still might want to skip over this post...
-
-
-
-
-
-

I liked the departure element, the music, visuals costumes, plot and style.

It had all of the ingredients but ultimately was a shell. The whole movie was a complete empty vessel, no soul, no humor, no intelligence no character whatsoever.

And while caville looked the part he had about as much personality as doorknob... No intelligence, humility or charm whatsoever. He represents the blandest of the blandness of everything that is a part of supermans character, but aside from being an icon superman also has charm, this superman had none. I'm not saying Reeve is the only guy that can do this, and the problem is in the script as much as it is caville but Reeve's superman really captured charm of the character. Despite the protocol of the look of a super man, he captured supermans strength, integrity, morality and nievity. I'm not sure that this superman really cared about anything. It seemed like he thought he was supposed to care, but I didn't believe he actually cared about anything, especially Lois.

There was zero chemistry between him and Lois, how was I supposed to believe the two of them struck up a romance in the five mins they spent interacting during the two or three lines of dialogue they shared? The two or three lines of dialogue out of supermans five lines of dialogue...

Last edited:

I still can't believe this figure isn't in the $215-$250 range....

Did HT have a life altering near death experience? Change of heart?

Regardless, I thank them for that. I preordered my two.

BA-RING on faora, Zoe, Jor el.

What hype? 95% of regular people who have actually seen the film, loving it? Get real.

You personally don't get to determine if this film fails or not, much like I don't get to determine that the next Adam Sandler vehicle will fail, or the next Tom Cruise one. I detest both of those actors, but am not delusional enough to imagine that my hatred alone will doom their films to obscurity. [Too bad...]

Look, you like Batman and that's great. If this film is not for you, the HT Batman threads are over yonder. Me, I like more than one thing - and I view that as a strength not a weakness.

Critic reception is pretty bad and the high imdb scores based off of initial hype usually end up levelling off with meta critic and RT when it's all said and done despite the large percentage of comic and sci fi geek voters on imdb. Plus critics are not biased against superhero flicks, which is why the iron mans, avengers and batmans of the world retain high scores.

For the record though the implication is I want the film to fail because I like batman and not superman but that is erroneous, I love superman. I think i like superman more than batman to be honest in general. in fact it's the opposite, I want superman to succeed more than batman because we know batman can be done well, this superman came close, had potential but ultimately missed the mark which is like extra salt on the wounds.

Back