1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awaiting Batman's arrival...
ae90f0a3610b167613432f7b6ed219ca.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nah

this body looks ugly now.

Agreed. I loved my MOS figure for the longest time (even with it being unmodded), but after seeing the more accurate colors and body proportions on the new figure the MOS now looks pretty bad in comparison.

Which is a shame, because I absolutely loved his look in MOS and would have far preferred a more accurate version of that Superman to the BvS one.

Agreed. I loved my MOS figure for the longest time (even with it being unmodded), but after seeing the more accurate colors and body proportions on the new figure the MOS now looks pretty bad in comparison.

Which is a shame, because I absolutely loved his look in MOS and would have far preferred a more accurate version of that Superman to the BvS one.

:goodpost:

I still like my MoS figure though.

Some guy on Facebook just asked if I'd take $70 for this.

you got to love that. People want to buy something for next to nothing but if that person was selling it they'd be asking $320 or something ridiculous. Never fails to amaze me. I have one on ebay that has tony mei cape, evilface decal stand, neck mod done, pinstripe painted movie accurate as well as suit and boots. My asking price is $160 with free shipping and I was offered $100 LOL. I think I am already offering a hell of a bargain but not enough for some people.

you got to love that. People want to buy something for next to nothing but if that person was selling it they'd be asking $320 or something ridiculous. Never fails to amaze me. I have one on ebay that has tony mei cape, evilface decal stand, neck mod done, pinstripe painted movie accurate as well as suit and boots. My asking price is $160 with free shipping and I was offered $100 LOL. I think I am already offering a hell of a bargain but not enough for some people.

Same with sellers on eBay who take their sweet time shipping something out with the apparent mentality, "I'll get to it when I get to it," but you know of course if they bought something, they'd expect it to be shipped out the next day at the latest.

Same with sellers on eBay who take their sweet time shipping something out with the apparent mentality, "I'll get to it when I get to it," but you know of course if they bought something, they'd expect it to be shipped out the next day at the latest.

One time I bought a head sculpt from some guy on Ebay, and he didn't ship it for a good 4 days at least. I don't remember if I left negative feedback or not, but I wouldn't buy anything from him again.

47b469c1b9557d39a3a0bcc33055bcd3.jpg

I just picked this guy up. A fellow collector painted him for me and applied the Tony Mei cape. I'm very impressed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I decided to do additional mods to my MOS. I had already done the cape and neck mod when I first got it. So I picked up one of the BVS sculpts off eBay. Also I wanted to do something to fix the height.

MOS stock height next to Dx12

So what I did was design a new set of pegs for the legs/feet to shorten the figure a little over 7 mm.

New pegs next to originals

And that was the ticket! Really made a massive amount of difference in the height. Proportionally looks a lot better and a decent amount shorter.

New height w new pegs

I was looking to put different foot pegs also. Is that the size you used 7mm. And where can I find them. Thanks

That looks great! Very nice. :clap

Thanks! Really makes such a difference!

I was looking to put different foot pegs also. Is that the size you used 7mm. And where can I find them. Thanks

the 7mm is roughly how much i shortened the peg height. i'm guessing you wouldn't be able to find them available in that exact size. i'm not 100% sure on how they come up with peg sizes or if they are all the same ball diameter or not... i'd guess they'd keep some sort of consistency, but again who knows... but height wise i've never seen anything similar... and i wouldn't know how to begin looking for a peg that would work w/ the right diameter size?? so that's why i just designed them how i wanted them and created them myself.

i could run some more sets if people were interested in them tho...

I decided to do additional mods to my MOS. I had already done the cape and neck mod when I first got it. So I picked up one of the BVS sculpts off eBay. Also I wanted to do something to fix the height.

MOS stock height next to Dx12

So what I did was design a new set of pegs for the legs/feet to shorten the figure a little over 7 mm.

New pegs next to originals

And that was the ticket! Really made a massive amount of difference in the height. Proportionally looks a lot better and a decent amount shorter.

New height w new pegs

The cape seems a little long after mod

从我的 iPad 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Back