1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8e88f1dd9d1d79dc9dece091e88cd105.gif

Uses meme when argument fails...

image.jpg

Thanks a lot, Username! :) I actually used the Zod suit since it was already black. I didn't want to paint the suit and risk the paint cracking/chipping if I decided to repose the figure. The only parts I had to remove/paint/reapply were the collar (modified to fit without gaps), "S" and belt buckle/straps, which I used spray paint to paint. Oh, and I spray painted the boot soles as well. The rest of the boots were hand painted via brush with acrylic paint. The Zod suit works great. I was able to modify the collar so the back zipper is still functional as well.

You and your bro inspired me to make a bunch of custom Superman figures. I'm actually working on a couple more and will post pics when done :hi5:

Thanks a lot, Username! :) I actually used the Zod suit since it was already black. I didn't want to paint the suit and risk the paint cracking/chipping if I decided to repose the figure. The only parts I had to remove/paint/reapply were the collar (modified to fit without gaps), "S" and belt buckle/straps, which I used spray paint to paint. Oh, and I spray painted the boot soles as well. The rest of the boots were hand painted via brush with acrylic paint. The Zod suit works great. I was able to modify the collar so the back zipper is still functional as well.

You and your bro inspired me to make a bunch of custom Superman figures. I'm actually working on a couple more and will post pics when done :hi5:

That's great news. My brother wants me to put together an un-armoured Zod. I picked up a pair of Superman boots. I was just wondering if there was an easy process to paint them. Thanks for the info.

Cool! Thanks a lot! I didn't know that someone had made the custom Zod emblem. I may pick one of these up if I ever decide to make a custom Zod. Are you using this emblem for your bro's custom? Not sure how much it costs, but it looks pretty awesome.

Cool! Thanks a lot! I didn't know that someone had made the custom Zod emblem. I may pick one of these up if I ever decide to make a custom Zod. Are you using this emblem for your bro's custom? Not sure how much it costs, but it looks pretty awesome.

I seem to recall he said $90. But at the same time, he also got the Blur set. So i might be totally mis-remembering...
Yeah, we are using the Geewhiz zod emblem and collar frame. Along with a set of MOS boots.

Says the guy who doesn't even know how to properly measure a figure. :rotfl

Which one of us was further off? I said he was just shy of 13 inches tall, as verified by a tape measure. And that translated to 78 inches in full scale. I said that was 6ft 5 inches. It is actually 6ft 6invhes. But given the figure is under 13 inches he would be under 6'6, meaning I was correct.

You said he was supposed to be 6 ft 6 in the movie world, but the figure actually scaled up to 7 ft tall and that was the reason he was not liked and thought to be scaled wrong. I was off, at worst, in the "show your work" portion but correct on the numbers. You where wrong on everything. And then, after being shown the error, claimed to not care. Feel free to name call and meme to further take the attention away from your argument. Seems to be the thing to do.

Which one of us was further off? I said he was just shy of 13 inches tall, as verified by a tape measure. And that translated to 78 inches in full scale. I said that was 6ft 5 inches. It is actually 6ft 6invhes. But given the figure is under 13 inches he would be under 6'6, meaning I was correct.

You said he was supposed to be 6 ft 6 in the movie world, but the figure actually scaled up to 7 ft tall and that was the reason he was not liked and thought to be scaled wrong. I was off, at worst, in the "show your work" portion but correct on the numbers. You where wrong on everything. And then, after being shown the error, claimed to not care. Feel free to name call and meme to further take the attention away from your argument. Seems to be the thing to do.

I don't have the figure, so I've never measured it. I was going by what other people said.

I really, truly, honestly don't care. Because it doesn't matter if the figure scales up to 6-4, 6-6 or 7 feet tall. A significant number of collectors thought that he was too tall in relation to other figures. They found it problematic.

You are mistaken. No memes, snark or name-calling from me, just the honest truth - I will never defend you again, I will never stick up for you again, I will never try to rationalize or explain away your behavior again, I will never feel sorry for you ever again.

You're a very controversial voice on this board. Despite your protestations, people aren't misreading you or treating you unfairly or unkindly. You really are an insufferable know-it-all. Or at least you think you know it all. DiFabio was right...you bring a lot of this hostility that you get from other members upon yourself.

It seemed like you were making progress, that you were trying to get others to either feel sorry for you or like you. Well, good luck to you with that. I doubt you'll change. Because at the end of the day, Motux gonna do what Motux gonna do. :duff

^Thx a lot, YFB! Appreciate your kind comment. I see you on a lot of other threads, and trust me when I say that you're one of the "normal," cool members on this forum - which is a huge compliment in my book, considering the weirdos that this hobby can attract :lol

Back