1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Just need the piping on the suit painted...im sure the trickiest part....steady steady hands only lol

Masking tape for models do go a long way

Sent from Le iPhone 5S using Tapatalk - now Free

My supes arrived! Will take him out of the box in an hour. Exciting! !!!

Bri

Done! I've ordered another for modding. Should arrive sometime within the month.

On a side note, my wallet hates me.

Hey guys, I have got this guy on order. My last Flexpay is Feb 15. Would any of you talented modders in the Dallas, TX area be interested in doing the shoulder and suit mods for me? I really want to get the Tony Meis cape, but I am very nervous about attempting the mod myself. I do not want to damage the figure. I would be willing to pay, as I know it can't be an easy thing. If anyone is interested, please let me know.

I have a modded one for sake if anyone is interested. Under collar removed and outer collar hollowed.

My MOS chest emblem is noticeably crooked. Do I contact sideshow or hot toys?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

This is what I ended up getting today. The stitching on the left side under where to cape connects to the suit/body is coming undone. Resulting in the sag of the S emblem and a slight warp in the suit between emblem and rubber neck piece.

superman_zpsa340083d.jpg

Just opened one of mine. It has that slightly crooked effect of the collar to the S, but i don't really care.
Although it's all we have been hearing about, i was still surprised by how big the base was, lol.

C42217B4-B0B3-43C6-A698-717E9A74F3AA.jpg

5B370B7F-D002-4382-A57F-E5DFEEE9BA52.jpg

29ECAAEF-DE11-4630-9B1C-39297839D11E.jpg

551278F9-42E4-4A24-AA51-B03121625633.jpg

4B83DD88-E32D-4BF6-A9F0-BE4C9C8752BD.jpg

I don't mind it being crooked really, but the stitch mishap worries me...like it may come more undone and I don't want that to happen.

Hopefully will have this guy by next week. I feel so far behind:gah:

This is what I ended up getting today. The stitching on the left side under where to cape connects to the suit/body is coming undone. Resulting in the sag of the S emblem and a slight warp in the suit between emblem and rubber neck piece.

View attachment 92144

I know that when you pay from your pocket and something like this gets through to you upon receiving the item, it can sometimes hurt. But honestly speaking, try not to be unhappy (even though you are, and I understand). This should really give you the push to mod your figure, correct the S emblem height, change it with Tony Meis's cape or keep the original. If you notice everyone who's modded the figure so far are really happy with the outcome and once you give it a try you too will be satisfied and the damage that your picture shows won't be there anymore since they had to cut away or up to the part of the stitching near the emblem to bring the neck collar lower down.

Just trying to keep you positive but other than that it is your 100% right to return and get a replacement ( I don't know if HT or SS will cover your postage costs though, do they?).:dunno

It is possible that this may have happened once it left the factory......and little Kryptonian Mites slowly starting eating away at it. :ohbfrank:

Very quick picture! My kids are still up wrecking the house so will take better ones later!

This guy was well worth the wait. He is incredible!
enu4ujy5.jpg

Bri

Glad you have yours Barry but oh my your's is really noticeable.....now....this isn't meant to start happening all of a sudden to everyone?!!

After looking a bit more carefully at your pics Barry I think the collar is stuck a little bent (maybe the glue came loose or the collar didnt stick symmetrically as it was meant to). Because I think the emblem is symmetrical and may be fine from your pics.

View attachment 92144

The "S" is pinned to the body so it can't sag...

Apparently, my MOS Supes has been held hostage in Sideshow's warehouse for 3 weeks by "internet gremlins" as per SSC's rep after calling yesterday :lol

Sideshow was awesome enough to send a gift with my Supes for the inconvenience and it turns out to be a free Hot Toys Amazing Spider Man figure! How cool is that?!

just a FYI for those with Tonys cape and looking to form the pleats at the collar in a more defined way ,i recently took apart a odin cape ,i liked the look of the fabric and color ,and found that hot toys had used double sided tape to form the pleats and stick it to the plastic mold that shapes the cape and connects it to the figure ,maybe this could work to form the pleats with out sewing ,sewing tends to look bulky , for tonys cape ,as i said just a FYI

Finally got this figure! The only issue I have with this figure is the leg peg is not connecting to the boot. :/ Anyone else have this same issue?

ive bought 3 man of steels in parts ,and had trouble getting the pegs into to the boot every time ,i even wondered if they sold me the wrong pegs ,im sure they didnt lol ,i tried every thing heat little bit of lubricant ,and in the end sanded them down a little until the fit in ,be careful when your pushing them in as i split 2 suits at the calf ,good luck and if you opt for sanding down ,just take a little and try for fit ,then a little more and try again ,try to keep the round shape as the peg wont move so well if its a odd shape

Back