1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

It's like casting Michael Cera as Darkseid. Then again Eisenberg might prove us all wrong.

movie hasn't even been made....arguing about if its a good casting or not is really pointless until after you see the film. Heath as the Joker was not well received at all when it was announced. Neither was Bale. Its probably going to be a very different take on Lex than any of us are even thinking about. Which i am all for. Why have the same old same old. These are comic book characters. They evolve over time. No reason to just rehash Reeve or Hackman, they were brilliant as their own take on the characters. Just let them make the movie and then judge it when it comes out.

Jesse might be 30 years old, but that doesn't change the fact that he looks like a 15 year old boy. He doesn't look or sound intimidating what so ever. An absolutely horrible casting decision. I hope I am prove wrong but I seriously doubt I will be.
Yea I know he looks young but was just clarifying that he's not actually 20. The interwebs always blasts and sounds off when casting choices are made though. I always try to be cautiously optimistic. I don't like to judge until I've seen some footage. But that's just me :dunno

It's like casting Michael Cera as Darkseid. Then again Eisenberg might prove us all wrong.

Following the beat of the ppl on FB I see :lol

movie hasn't even been made....arguing about if its a good casting or not is really pointless until after you see the film. Heath as the Joker was not well received at all when it was announced. Neither was Bale. Its probably going to be a very different take on Lex than any of us are even thinking about. Which i am all for. Why have the same old same old. These are comic book characters. They evolve over time. No reason to just rehash Reeve or Hackman, they were brilliant as their own take on the characters. Just let them make the movie and then judge it when it comes out.

:goodpost: :exactly:

Peripherally related: I am going to enjoy having this Superman figure, and Zod on my shelves. All the more since I have just seen the man-child cast as Lex Luthor for the next film. Who knew Lex was twenty years old and barely showing stubble?! Amazing. It almost gives me a renewed respect for the Hackman Luthor, who was at least fully adult.

Actually. I am quite excited. As was mentioned above, Eisenberg is 30 and(To use the Facebook analogy), imagine if Mark Zuckerberg became a megalomaniac and tried to take over the world, Lex Luthor style. That's how i see the new Lex. "New money", using wealth made from a .com business perhaps into a huge multinational company. A guy who can buy and sell the world but is jealous because a guy who doesn't really care about money is strong enough to bench press the world...
I see exciting and fresh directions a young self made billionaire Lex can take the franchise. Keep your mind open. You never know!

You know, its really funny. We got Man-Boy GG, but did we get Faora, a truly worthy character? Nope. The list could go on. We got Lone Ranger figures, but no Faora. Were more than 5 people out there clamoring for Lone Ranger figures? If so, I missed it. Meanwhile everyone wants Faora and it looks like we are not getting her.

Yeah. Once again, it could still happen. They are bringing out characters from movies that have been a year or more removed from cinemas. Look at the Avengers. They Still haven't got Banner to market yet. And that movie is 18 months out of cinemas.
I have high hopes we will see Faora.

Great stuff going on in here...looking real good.

A little late to the party, but Kal finally arrived up my way....quick hot out of the box...

Sculpt is great....outfit scares me a bit...gonna have to be careful with it. Don't want to risk ripping or creasing it with any extreme posing.... Wonder how long a shelf life it'll have?

I'll post more shots later...but am certainly enjoying what I see in here!

I agree. I don't want to pose him around too much as well. I don't want to ruin the suit... Its perfect the way it is..

supes.jpg

Love this figure. Sorry for the shoddy Photoshop, didn't have time.

Jesse Eisenberg is 30...same age as Cavill

And please stop *****ing about Lone Ranger figures being made :gah: go ahead and start *****ing about Malificrnt too while you're at or is that ok b/c it's a female figure/character?

First, perhaps you could back down a notch or two, there is no call whatsoever for this tone.

Re the Lone Ranger, well.... sorry. We have been waiting years for "Batman Returns" figures and instead they give us.... Lone Ranger figures? Much less Faora. That's so bad its funny. Sorry. [Not]. I could not possibly care less than I do now about the "Maleficent" movie, so I'll leave that one right where it lies.

Eisenburg may be 30, but he looks like he's on the edge of 17. [Yay Stevie Nicks reference!] I digress.... Luthor is a lot of things, but this casting is not it. Should be interesting. :lol

I was wondering why Amy Adams was chosen for Man of Steel though even though she did a good job (the kissing bit was out of place and silly). I do not mean any offence to the 40s chaps here (I myself am 30 yrs). But she is almost 40 yrs old (point is that will she Come back after a few sequels?) I really like Clark's mum she was a really nice cast and I really enjoyed her presence in the movie a lot, also when she was younger.

The point I'm trying to make is that Lois is supposed to be a main character in Clark's life but I have noticed after watching many movies in my lifetime that a lot of the times a leading female cast tends to not come back for the sequels as they get a little older and that really bothers me in a movie ie. the Dawson Creek girl disappeared after Batman Begins though she was young, Rachl Weisz wasn't there in Mummy 3 so it was rubbish watching it, POTC 5 no Penelope Cruze totally different storyline anyway!!! transformers 3 no Megan Fox even though she was young! And I'm sure there are many other examples out there of more movies yet I can't think of them from the top of my head yet.

I think that we need certainty when it comes for leading female cast to be present and would Amy Adams come back for Mos 3 and so on...?

Imagine if she chose not to and then we would have to 'accept' an alternative lady cast as Lois.

Or it could be that they needed a mature reporter to match a mature Kal-El instead of a silly annoying young overly excited girly wirly who happens to talk way tooooo much, no offence intended to anyone.

Well as long as she stays and returns as Lois (for the sequels) and doesn't decide to do a runner, then that's fine with me.

Actually. I am quite excited. As was mentioned above, Eisenberg is 30 and(To use the Facebook analogy), imagine if Mark Zuckerberg became a megalomaniac and tried to take over the world, Lex Luthor style. That's how i see the new Lex. "New money", using wealth made from a .com business perhaps into a huge multinational company. A guy who can buy and sell the world but is jealous because a guy who doesn't really care about money is strong enough to bench press the world...
I see exciting and fresh directions a young self made billionaire Lex can take the franchise. Keep your mind open. You never know!

:goodpost:

First, perhaps you could back down a notch or two, there is no call whatsoever for this tone.
:lol think you're the last person to tell anyone to back down a notch...thanks for the advice though :wave

the Dawson Creek girl disappeared after Batman Begins though she was young,

She was tied up in the Scientology stuff with Cruise then. It may have played a part.

Rachl Weisz wasn't there in Mummy 3 so it was rubbish watching it,

those movies were ALL rubbish.

POTC 5 no Penelope Cruze totally different storyline anyway!!!

It was? When you saw that one(When it first came out in 2016), was it any good?

transformers 3 no Megan Fox even though she was young!

She didn't get along with the director.

I can't see any of the examples in which someone was recast or replaced because they were too old.
And Amy Adams is not old in any case. I expect she will always play Lois if Cavill is playing Clark.

She was tied up in the Scientology stuff with Cruise then. It may have played a part.

those movies were ALL rubbish.

It was? When you saw that one(When it first came out in 2016), was it any good?

She didn't get along with the director.

I can't see any of the examples in which someone was recast or replaced because they were too old.
And Amy Adams is not old in any case. I expect she will always play Lois if Cavill is playing Clark.

POTC 5 - as in I have already read the screen script/ cast (not watched it!!!) and they're all completely new characters and new story line with only Barbossa coming back!

And I dint say because she is old for goodness sake. I preferred characters to be older (my preference) but only worried that at certain stages of life sometimes the ladies tend to do the disappearing act at some point. Because we are talking about the next 5 years (for the long run) for MOS sequels to be completed hopefully.

Just in case nobody knew:

'Years before Man of Steel became an international hit, Henry Cavill was attached to star as Clark Kent/Superman in the ill-fated Superman: Flyby, which was written by J.J. Abrams with McG set to direct and Robert Downey Jr. starring as Lex Luthor. The project ultimately fell apart, reportedly because of McG's fear of flying, since Warner Bros. wanted to shoot in Australia and the director opted for an American production. Ultimately, Bryan Singer took the reins and reworked it into the 2006 adventure Superman Returns. Today, we have the first photo of Henry Cavill from his 2004 screen test, plus a photo of the red and blue suit he was wearing.'

'Of course, it turned out just fine for Henry Cavill, but it does lead one to wonder what might have been, especially with a J.J. Abrams script and Robert Downey Jr. as Luthor.'

Now I wonder how that suit would look if it...say...was introduced towards the end of Superman VS Batman movie or maybe down the line in MoS 3. I can just imagine that suit would be AWESOME but obviously the S emblem would be done better then that!

I think it would get people really hyped up especially Batman fans since this suit has some resemblance, but more of a protective Kryptonian body suit that really fits in with the Superman design better.

So he would have been about 20 years old then. Interesting.

think you're the last person to tell anyone to back down a notch...thanks for the advice though

I'm not sure when I fired off an expletive-laden post at anyone, much less you, but ok. What is wrong with you? I have never seen you behave like this, you have always been friendly and informative until now. Not my business I guess. I do not have unfriendly feelings toward you and would prefer that this hostility stop now. There is no reason for it.

Banshee: I was wondering why Amy Adams was chosen for Man of Steel though even though she did a good job (the kissing bit was out of place and silly). I do not mean any offence to the 40s chaps here (I myself am 30 yrs). But she is almost 40 yrs old

I think the problem with Lois was not so much the actress, but that the character felt shoehorned into the movie. She wasn't really relevant to anything, but we HAD to get her in there. A better idea would have been to have met her at the very end of the film when Clark is hired at the Daily Planet and then go on with that in movie 2, but oh well. Its not like DC is known for making wise cinematic choices. They make a few, but not many.

I still loved the movie. My favourite of this year but.....

It was a bit ironic that at the end of the day it was Lois who mostly saved the day by sending everyone back to the phantom zone with her knowledge from Jor El.
In Avengers it was Black Widow who realised about Lokis staff and she used it to send Chitauri back.
In Thor 2 it was Jane Foster who saves the day with her science geek knowledge.
Ironman 3 Pepper saves Tony

What are super powered folks for......bish bash.

I was wondering why Amy Adams was chosen for Man of Steel though even though she did a good job (the kissing bit was out of place and silly). I do not mean any offence to the 40s chaps here (I myself am 30 yrs). But she is almost 40 yrs old (point is that will she Come back after a few sequels?) I really like Clark's mum she was a really nice cast and I really enjoyed her presence in the movie a lot, also when she was younger.

The point I'm trying to make is that Lois is supposed to be a main character in Clark's life but I have noticed after watching many movies in my lifetime that a lot of the times a leading female cast tends to not come back for the sequels as they get a little older and that really bothers me in a movie ie. the Dawson Creek girl disappeared after Batman Begins though she was young, Rachl Weisz wasn't there in Mummy 3 so it was rubbish watching it, POTC 5 no Penelope Cruze totally different storyline anyway!!! transformers 3 no Megan Fox even though she was young! And I'm sure there are many other examples out there of more movies yet I can't think of them from the top of my head yet.

I think that we need certainty when it comes for leading female cast to be present and would Amy Adams come back for Mos 3 and so on...?

Imagine if she chose not to and then we would have to 'accept' an alternative lady cast as Lois.

The reason for those actresses leaving had nothing at all to do with their age.

Just a thought though for the Superman VS Batman movie......

I wonder if they are going to introduce kryptonite since they're bringing back Lex.
Because its not going to be a big deal if they don't....you see Kal El doesn't need kryptonite to weaken him. Lex could fabricate the spaceship's atmospherics to create some sort of building blocks eventually leading to be used as a weapon against Kal El. And that would be his kryptonite since they changed the idea of the Fortress of Solitude too.

The thing is that the Kryptonian atmosphere has no effect on humans so he can use it to study and experiment with it. Lois wore the breather only in the pod while it was travelling in space to the main ship. And upon arrival she no longer had it on aboard the main ship.

Back