1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

I dont think this is anything like the casting of Heath as the Joker, You guys seem to be forgetting that Zach and Goyer are making this film. :lol Let's hope Terrio fixes Goyer's garbage screenplay.

DC have a big job on their hands and several years of work if they intend to slowly introduce Wonder Woman, (supergirl maybe???), aquaman, Flash, Green Lantern , Martian, (green arrow lol!) and other characters for the big plot build up.

I dont think this is anything like the casting of Heath as the Joker, You guys seem to be forgetting that Zach and Goyer are making this film. :lol Let's hope Terrio fixes Goyer's garbage screenplay.

But they do have an Academy Award winning director on board who's influence has already been felt when he brought in Terrio to work on Goyer's screenplay. Also, Affleck was likely very influential in having the film delayed so it can meet his standards and be the best that it can be.

Just a thought though for the Superman VS Batman movie......

I wonder if they are going to introduce kryptonite since they're bringing back Lex.
Because its not going to be a big deal if they don't....you see Kal El doesn't need kryptonite to weaken him. Lex could fabricate the spaceship's atmospherics to create some sort of building blocks eventually leading to be used as a weapon against Kal El. And that would be his kryptonite since they changed the idea of the Fortress of Solitude too.

The thing is that the Kryptonian atmosphere has no effect on humans so he can use it to study and experiment with it. Lois wore the breather only in the pod while it was travelling in space to the main ship. And upon arrival she no longer had it on aboard the main ship.

Actually she still had it on up until Jor-el changed the atmospheric composition to be comparable for humans. Hence the reason she disengaged her mask and why Kal was able to get his strength back.

Faora had hers on in the pod, which was earth air, and why Kal didn't need one aboard the drop ship. He didn't feel the effects until he boarded the main ship.

And i thought this was a thread for the figure of Man of Steel... Not the movie....

Glad to help give you that nudge to do the mod. As scary the mod may be, the end result is worth it. :)
Your mod is looking great man. Hopefully you get the cape soon.

Thanks bud! Your amazing pictures spurred on my OCD. I couldn't even look at my figure after seeing them. :lol
It was probably the 2nd most nerve-wracking mod that I've done, after modding the QS001. I figure that if I was brave/stupid enough to be cutting up a $500 figure, then I can probably handle this mod.

Probably a good idea stretching out Tony's cape. I can already see some red staining on the neck with the stock cape.

And i thought this was a thread for the figure of Man of Steel... Not the movie....

It all ties in. People iffy about the next movie might want to grab this figure, lest the next one be a total mess that they don't want to commemorate. Speaking for myself, I don't like collectibles that remind me of a film I didn't much like. This problem is what got my HT IM3 Tony Stark figure cancelled.

Thinking back, maybe I shoulda kept him - but oh well. The figure took the blame for the movie.

What do we have now: poor Cavill is sharing his next movie with Ben Affleck, 110 lb [if that] "Wonder Woman," of course Lois and Alfred and now Kid Luthor. A guy just can't get a break! :wink1:

again, just don't get how people can get so worked up over something that hasn't even been made.:dunno

And if you do like or dont like a film that you saw doesn't mean others don't feel the opposite of what you think. I hated IM3, but i know millions loved it. Just because i didn't like doesn't mean others can't enjoy it.

People just take things so personal sometimes and to the extreme.

Yeah because talking about Man of Steel and it's sequels is way off topic. :dunno

Judging a movie that hasn't even been filmed yet is... just plain irrational, innit?

Saw a ghost the other night. Believe me? If you do then it's understandable but if you don't then wait till the movie comes out, watch it, then judge. Getting tired of all this bickering. Sorry.

Back to the figure. Someone ought to start a thread just for mods, this figure warrants one I reckon.

While it's too early to know, we have to remember the following -

People were very put off when Keaton was cast as Batman

People were confused and slightly outraged when Ledger was cast as Joker

There was quite a bit of pushback with Bale as Batman

In the end, Keaton's Batman is, dare I say, legendary. Ledger's Joker was frighteningly perfect and he won the Oscar. While I don't think he was the best pick, Bale did just fine with Batman IMO. Yes, Eisenberg is a an odd choice, but Snyder said it himself, they are taking the character in new directions. You never know . . .

Why are people even thinking about the next movie now? Those figures Won't be out for at least 3 years. Lol

Here's a few pics to contribute. I made a quick cape rig out of simple picture frame hanging wire....I just wrapped it around the post, spread it out a few inches and draped the cape on it.

While it's too early to know, we have to remember the following -

People were very put off when Keaton was cast as Batman

People were confused and slightly outraged when Ledger was cast as Joker

There was quite a bit of pushback with Bale as Batman

In the end, Keaton's Batman is, dare I say, legendary. Ledger's Joker was frighteningly perfect and he won the Oscar. While I don't think he was the best pick, Bale did just fine with Batman IMO. Yes, Eisenberg is a an odd choice, but Snyder said it himself, they are taking the character in new directions. You never know . . .

Just my opinion but Mr. Mom as Batman didn't work for me. I thought Keaton was terrible. Just me.

But I do agree about Ledger. An oddball choice that turned out to be brilliant.

MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Here's a few pics to contribute. I made a quick cape rig out of simple picture frame hanging wire....I just wrapped it around the post, spread it out a few inches and draped the cape on it.

Very nice! Love the ripple effect on the cape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Badass pics Karnis:rock

Just my opinion but Mr. Mom as Batman didn't work for me. I thought Keaton was terrible. Just me.

But I do agree about Ledger. An oddball choice that turned out to be brilliant.
1302269.jpg

:lol

For the guys who left their Cavill on the dynamic clamp for a week or more... how bad did it mark up your suit? I love the stand but I dont want to damage on figure....

For the guys who left their Cavill on the dynamic clamp for a week or more... how bad did it mark up your suit? I love the stand but I dont want to damage on figure....

My superman has been in flight mode since day one, as far as i can see the clamp has left a small indent on each side but because i positioned the clamp right under his lats the indents are not noticeable at all. The detail on the suit is 100% intact as well. But i will advise that i left his right left bent while in the levitating pose and now that ive straightened it out it has left creases just in between his knee and the top of his boot. I was able to smooth most of it out but not completely so just throwing that tidbit out there for good measure

Back