1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Username has probably one of the best collections! His love of collecting really shows too! :hi5:

A picture is, by definition, not "in person".

SnakeDoc

Exactly. Figures tend to look 10 times better in person than in pictures. And if the s**tty Hot Toys display pictures (with heavy flash I might add) look great, then that's saying something.

Snoop

I foresee this being just like all the major HT releases - we think they look bad now (except the proto pics) and then we all scramble to find one once in-hand pics show them to be awesome.

If Selina Kyle comes out great I am leaving this thread until I have the figure in hand so I miss all the unnecessary hysteria

:thud:WOW! If you happen to make any extra ones I'd be very intersted in one.

I am going to make a mould and cast copies. I'll be working on it today. More pics later.
Username has probably one of the best collections! His love of collecting really shows too! :hi5:

Haha. Thanks.
There are collections far more extensive than mine. I just like making stuff myself, so on occasion you will see something on my shelf that no-one else has.

Guys, in the banner at the top of the page, 3rd pic with glowing red eyes. What superman is that? It looks great!

If Selina Kyle comes out great I am leaving this thread until I have the figure in hand so I miss all the unnecessary hysteria

:exactly::goodpost:

Good man.

I foresee this being just like all the major HT releases - we think they look bad now (except the proto pics) and then we all scramble to find one once in-hand pics show them to be awesome.

When has this ever not been en he case really?

^ I agree.

Again, DX Joker 2.0, Bane, and Reeve Superman are examples of proto freakouts just from my small collection of HT figures.

"Out of stock" is their one current commonality.

^ I agree.

Again, DX Joker 2.0, Bane, and Reeve Superman are examples of proto freakouts just from my small collection of HT figures.

"Out of stock" is their one current commonality.

Yep there was also the DX10 T800 loads of ppl were worried about.

In the end, all HT threads go through the EXACT same cycle everytime, which seems to never get old for some ppl.

In the end, all HT threads go through the EXACT same cycle everytime, which seems to never get old for some ppl.

:exactly:

It's funny you should mention that, because I have that one too, lol.

Its fairly new to some of us, which is probably why you keep seeing it. My wait for HT Loki was a big shock to me, and a learning experience.

The more I see pics, the more I lean towards just having him side by side with my Batman Begins figure. Both costumes are relatively "simple" and look to compliment each other better than if I posed this Supes with the TDK version.

Funny, I watched the movie with a complete open mind yesterday, enjoyed it a lot, but still, I find that I share the opinion of another freak (can't remember who and too lazy to search) about the movie lacking "soul".

Somehow, I love almost everything, I even think the relationship between Lois and Clark was well portrayed, but I still think there is something missing, something that I can't really pinpoint...

For mine, what was missing was the sense of gravitas, the sense of nobility that Chris Reeve brought to the role. No matter how cheesy the original films were, CR was everything I had or could imagine Superman to be. Cavill came really close, but not quite there. Maybe the next movie.

Its fairly new to some of us, which is probably why you keep seeing it. My wait for HT Loki was a big shock to me, and a learning experience.

from my own observation of this cycle since i started watching these threads last summer, it's almost never the newbies who are being hysterically critical.

if anything the newbies are all glassy-eyed with adoration. it seems to be some of the oldbies who like to kvetch the most.

whatever.

nice figure. headsculpt will be a welcome addition as it offers some nice variety. we need more diversity and here's a well-done old geezer. [snark]

For mine, what was missing was the sense of gravitas, the sense of nobility that Chris Reeve brought to the role. No matter how cheesy the original films were, CR was everything I had or could imagine Superman to be. Cavill came really close, but not quite there. Maybe the next movie.

:exactly: :goodpost:I completely agrre with you. I watched the movie wondering if Reeve would be replaced as "THE Superman" by Cavill. Well the verdict is "NO". I loved Cavill but he'll remain as just yet another guy inpersonnating Supes while Reeve was (is) Supes!:hi5:

Back