1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

That's an awesome stand Username! I wouldn't tweak it anymore. Looks just perfect to me! :)

Funny thing about the MOS fig. Everybody notices the thunder thighs, and yet nobody has ever said anything yet about the boots being waaay too short!:(

Last edited:

That's an awesome stand Usernam! I wouldn't tweak it anymore. Looks just perfect to me! :)

Funny thing about the MOS fig. Everybody notices the thunder thighs, and yet nobody has ever said anything yet about the boots being waaay too short!:(

Boots look alright to me ...

6313_10151446325662344_1157504345_n.jpg

9348_10151446325692344_939062371_n.jpg

A lot of the promo pictures don't have his legs straightened for a good view of how long the boots are. Those two above look like the best angles to me. Looks like they end right below the knee ... which is where they oughta (his heel is raised in this picture) ...

superman-henry-cavill-man-of-steel-boots1.jpg

SnakeDoc

If anything the boots lack serious detail

That's an awesome stand Username! I wouldn't tweak it anymore. Looks just perfect to me! :)

I am not worried about anything pertaining to the body, as they have plenty of time to sort that out. The base looks fine, and is no bigger than the DX11 or DX12 bases. I just want the gauntlets to be better attached. Make them look like part of the outfit, like they do in the movie.

Thanks.
About the boots. I think they are a little short. But people have pointed it out before.

I can clearly see it in the promo pics too. Turn up your monitors/correct the colors people!

Anyone else think the base is too big?

Absolutely, I'm tired of all of these huge ****ing stands. They take up so much space and make display a bit difficult. I would love for HT just to go back to their standard stands or even include them as an option.

Not to mention they add to the already ridiculous costs.

proto pic 9/10

display 5/10

:panic::panic::panic:

No way. It looks just as good in the display as it does in the proto pics.

hot_toys_man_of_steel_figure_live_1.jpg

I thought he meant prototype pics vs. in-person display.

Snakedoc

I read it that the proto pics looked great, and in the store it looked rubbish.
I think it's all about good lighting.
The proto pics had it.
And the store does not.

I thought he meant prototype pics vs. in-person display.

Snakedoc

Nope. Someone asked what he would rate the likeness in person and he gave it a 5/10. Which doesn't seem to be the case because It looks great if not just as good in the picture I posted.

Nope. Someone asked what he would rate the likeness in person and he gave it a 5/10. Which doesn't seem to be the case because It looks great if not just as good in the picture I posted.

I am even more excited about this release seeing those in store pics again.

I foresee this being just like all the major HT releases - we think they look bad now (except the proto pics) and then we all scramble to find one once in-hand pics show them to be awesome.

A picture is, by definition, not "in person".

SnakeDoc

Does anyone think the boots will be a similar setup like the Spider-Man 3 figures? Cloth covered rubber articulated at the ankle?

I think that will be the one thing the *don't* change about the figure...
I am working on a stepped multi-tiered flight stand base that's slightly smaller. Still a WIP. It has three layers so far, but and going to make it maybe seven layers(On the *S*, receding down).
Like i say, it's just a WIP right now, but i am planning on casting it.

IMG_4086.jpg~original

IMG_4089.jpg~original

IMG_4091.jpg~original

:thud:WOW! If you happen to make any extra ones I'd be very intersted in one.

whats the suit made of ?

Back