Hot Toys - MMS190 - Alien vs. Predator: 1/6th scale Scar Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The battle damaged mask for Celtic shows that there are signs from Hot Toys of wanting to give the fans what they want. The jury's still out though until they deliver the whole package.

The battle damaged mask for Celtic shows that there are signs from Hot Toys of wanting to give the fans what they want. The jury's still out though until they deliver the whole package.

I'm really curious to see how they handle chopper. Hes got unique bone trophies, mask, those forearm scimitars.

They'd better be metal, that's for sure. I hope they don't half-*** the 1/4 line the way they are these. Those figures need to be definitive. And gorgeous. And reasonably durable.

I never understood why "Predators" followed the exact template as "AVP":

Start with Three Predators. 1) " little screen time and killed off quick" Predators - Chopper/Tracker 2) "Battle scene and dead" Predators – Celtic/Falconer 3) "Main/ Final Scene and then dead" Predators – Scar/Berserker. You could overlay both movies on top of each other and they are the same as how they deal with the three Predators.

It would have been nice to see all three Predators working together as a team in hunting Aliens. Working together to set a trap.

The movie isn't the best but I liked the concept of a Predator and a human as the protagonists in a survival horror type situation. It never really felt like there was any real threat though.

I didn't think they'd lower the quality of materials, genius. That's the only thing that's gotten better. Until now.
since berserker predator they make predators with bad joints, paint coming off both plastic and soft plastic parts, painting them rudely. details don't fit, paint on replaceable parts doesn't match. armor is worse and worse sculpted and painted and has less and less moving parts where it should move. and its worse with every release.
all those new predators get is "WOW MAGNIFICIENT". any HT worker who would occur to hear it knows they do everything right.
your genius.

....and yes it's without mentioning their mouths covered with some brown substance like they are not pussyfaces but buttfaces, because it's not quality of the figure, it's painter's overall hate for predators.
i understand though why you might think that i care for sculpting only. that's the only thing i often mention because i normally just put them on the shelf and repose very rarely, so totally lame engineering and materials used make me angry much less time than the sculpting. anyway i reposed and re-engineered my old predators a lot more often, and for these new ones i try to force myself to move their joints sometimes to prevent sticking, but am afraid to do that as they are too breakable. instead i get extra bodies for main characters.
if i were V-Raptor and other talented guys who can take any HT predator and turn it into a movie predator, replacing almost everything, i'd be more calm with sculpting maybe. but you understand that spending extra money + work for a figure that already claims to be worth its price is a little... ridiculous.
my super fanatism for detailed predators is the only thing that doesn't allow me to ignore that line of HT, because no matter the quality issues they are the only company who does bring me "detailed predators" :D
:rotfl

I was ready to stick my fist through the monitor at one point.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCqZKvKR5Yg[/ame]

Last edited:
I never understood why "Predators" followed the exact template as "AVP":

Start with Three Predators. 1) " little screen time and killed off quick" Predators - Chopper/Tracker 2) "Battle scene and dead" Predators – Celtic/Falconer 3) "Main/ Final Scene and then dead" Predators – Scar/Berserker. You could overlay both movies on top of each other and they are the same as how they deal with the three Predators.

It would have been nice to see all three Predators working together as a team in hunting Aliens. Working together to set a trap.

I never liked that either buddy. I mean the Predators from Predators 2010 are meant to be 'Super' and yet they hunt in a pack, made no sense to me.

:lol.

If I had the ***** that would have been so done.

Finally got around to opening my Scar and in all honesty... I'm not as happy as I thought I'd be. One of his small sideburn dreads came unglued, the tip of one of his toeblades chipped off (don't get why they didn't just use regular soft plastic for those, seeing as they're painted to look non-metallic anyway), and his buttflap came unglued on one side. Not a good start. I won't be able to exchange him due to my being out-of-state when the 30-day return window closed and will have to shell out the money to replace parts. Even without these problems, there are a few letdowns. For one thing, the figure just feels clunky and fractured. It may be the 2.0 version, but Hot Toys still hasn't figured out how to properly (and durably) build the AVP armor.

Visually, the figure is stunning but I'm more than a little miffed that we didn't get a real metal shuriken and spear. Also -- and this is one of the biggest issues with the piece -- rubber helmet wires. It's hard to believe HT started out using real metal (or aluminum, whatever it was) and switched to rubber. Maybe rust was a concern, but none of the old AVP figures I've seen suffered from any noticeable issues. What's more, the wires are too short. Unless you're tilting the head all the way to the side facing the wire plugs, those things will either be stretched awkwardly or they won't even be long enough to be plugged in.

I love the way this guy looks, but the lack of QC and poor (really poor) material choices make him feel like a total afterthought. It's obvious HT was focusing their energy on Iron Man and Joker and shat this guy out on the side.

EDIT: Might as well add that the paint on the dreadlock rings leaves a lot to be desired. A little too sloppy for the $200+ we're paying. Seriously, what happened?

Sorry to hear you had qc problems with your scar,I have none of these qc problems with my scar, but qc problems happen here and there in a production run, I got lucky with my scar I guess.

Might as well give this a shot if anyone wants them for customizing: would anyone be interested in buying my Scar Predator head and feet? If so, shoot me a PM. Details are in the second post of my sale thread.

Picked up Scar and DX Luke Skywalker this morning. Both figures are amazing, unfortunately I had to go into work for a couple hours this evening. These next 3 and a half hours can't go by any faster!

I'd think think they'd do Chopper on his own given how much additional differences he has.

I'd think think they'd do Chopper on his own given how much additional differences he has.

I don't think it's looks like the choppers bio but I hope I'm wrong and it's just scared mask then good I hope you can remove the chest plate on him and have extra blades but half melted like in the movie

Last edited:
after lying dormant a little more than 3 weeks in our so called "capital" my scar finally arrived to my postal office!
now a week more and i'll finally get it.

Back