Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After a long time going back and forth, I'm gonna skip on this release. The seams in the costume, huge eyes, and crappy body proportions are enough for me to just wait another year for the ASM2 version.

Here's the link to the $175 shipped Spiderman figure for those of you interested... you have to put in $175 for the "best offer" to get that deal. I tried putting in $170 but it was declined so I think $175 is the lowest it will go. Hope someone on here ends up grabbing one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/271350549205?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

FYI 'Best offer' typically means they want the transaction to go outside of Ebay through paypal. :lecture

Ebay remains blissfully unaware, like a hippo thats too fat to look behind itself and can't be bothered to turn around.

Last edited:
I purchased my hot toys hulk from this seller and it was perfect. I purchased him close to release at $345. Just purchased Spiderman for $175 with free shipping. Christmas keeps on giving!

Speaking of Hulk..

1483240_10152442340823362_76996904_n.jpg

FYI 'Best offer' typically means they want the transaction to go outside of Ebay through paypal. :lecture

Ebay remains blissfully unaware, like a hippo thats too fat to look behind itself and can't be bothered to turn around.

Not true.
Best offer still retains transaction through eBay.
Before you make an offer, eBay will make it it known that if the seller accepts your offer, then you are obligated to complete that transaction.

Otherwise, people can be an A$$ and waste your time promising they will buy it at the offer they suggested and then back out, like in the "for sale" section of this forum.

Not sure where you're getting that idea from...I used to work for eBay, and best offers are carried out and completed through eBay, just like any other transaction.

I HATE the proportions of this figure- like a fragile skinny out of proportion toy...very cheap looking figure- perhaps it is accurate to Garfield...but still

I wanted to love this figure- maybe just maybe if I can snag one cheap I will bite

Got mine Christmas Eve and couldnt be happier with it. And it looks anything BUT cheap in-hand.

Last edited:
Not sure where you're getting that idea from...I used to work for eBay, and best offers are carried out and completed through eBay, just like any other transaction.

I know ebay doesn't want you to do that, but most times when the seller agrees they say they can only do it if we go through paypal alone.

I know ebay doesn't want you to do that, but most times when the seller agrees they say they can only do it if we go through paypal alone.

You're talking about a completely different thing, that's contacting a seller and making a transaction outside of eBay and paying by PayPal.
You won't be covered this way that's why eBay does not advice this kind of transaction cause either party went around ebay's rule and made the transaction privately.

This is not the same thing as "buy it now".
As a buyer, if you select "buy it now", you are obligated to complete this transaction cause you ended the seller's item for sale.

Got mine Christmas Eve and couldnt be happier with it. And it looks anything BUT cheap in-hand.

And in the bank account. Who could have thought that I'd go from buying 7 dollar action figures nearly 15 years ago to seriously considering buying a 204+tax and shipping action figure?!:cuckoo:

Also is this now shipping from Sideshow? The website doesn't say anything.

Back