Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked up an extra spidey body with suit off eBay. Should be here in a couple weeks. That will be my guinea pig for this project.

sorry if I missed any PMs I always forget to check em on here , if ya need me instantly get me on facebook https://www.facebook.com/theclipper.king
to answer some questions now , I cat sell it yet guys coz ive got a complaint pending with hot toys , as does ryno . mark OSR from facebook has been a good help because hes also contacted them on our behalf , along with about 5 other members of the one sixth community have done the same to help us ....very nice of em I say . so I cant sell coz hot toys may want it back or more photos of it . plus it still poses pretty nice and I now have no fear of breaking it ....anymore than it is so the stress has gone , another thing people will want it for less than half price and for that I might as well keep it . next someone asked if it could be posed beside a normal hot toy figure , please see my hot toys medico comparison part 1 , along side black widow , and catwoman was in hot toys amazing spiderman part 2 . glad ya like the shots mate .

Good choice on keeping it, Clippy. Like you said, it looks like it still poses pretty well, and you'd be out a lot of money. Just makes more sense to keep it; at least that way, you've got the figure. If you sold him, you'd just be out a fair amount of money, and you'd have no figure to show for it.

sorry if I missed any PMs I always forget to check em on here , if ya need me instantly get me on facebook https://www.facebook.com/theclipper.king
to answer some questions now , I cat sell it yet guys coz ive got a complaint pending with hot toys , as does ryno . mark OSR from facebook has been a good help because hes also contacted them on our behalf , along with about 5 other members of the one sixth community have done the same to help us ....very nice of em I say . so I cant sell coz hot toys may want it back or more photos of it . plus it still poses pretty nice and I now have no fear of breaking it ....anymore than it is so the stress has gone , another thing people will want it for less than half price and for that I might as well keep it . next someone asked if it could be posed beside a normal hot toy figure , please see my hot toys medico comparison part 1 , along side black widow , and catwoman was in hot toys amazing spiderman part 2 . glad ya like the shots mate .

Sent you a Facebook friend request....

Last edited:
Okay, received my Amazing Spiderman figure today, and I have good news as well as bad news.

Good news is, the shoulder joints are still intact.

Bad news...
Both arms will NOT move forward. It is WAY WAY too tight. I've put enough force in it to not break it, and it's not giving in, not even a sign that it'll move/rotate forward or backwards.

More bad news...
I got the "Do Not Lift Over 80 Degrees" warning slip, but both arms won't even lift past 40 degrees! lol!

I tried as much as I could without running the risk of breaking the shoulder joints, but that's about as much as it would go.
Joints are ridiculously tight on both the joints that allow forward & backward rotations, as well as the joints that allow the arms to be lifted sideways.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

After considering it for 30 odd minutes, I've decided to give it a go.
Held the shoulder firmly with my left thumb and index finger, while my right hand attempted the rotation forward and/or backwards.

Tried..... tried........ tried.......... BOOM! Right shoulder's gone!
After it broke, i thought to myself, i'm gonna get this arm rotated forward or backwards one way or another since it's already broken, as it can't possibly get any worse.
Guess what? Won't even budge despite me putting as much force into it as I could!!!

No point trying the left arm now lol!

That totally sucks man. I can't believe HT is still churning out shoddy bodies with some of their latest releases like this and the Captain America.

Heh, great pics. All I could think of was Hulk saying "And what would you like for Christmas little boy?" To which Spidey replied, "I want to be a man when I grow up, all big and tall like you!". "Then eat your green beans and take Gamma treated steroids, and you too can be big and strong like me!"

I think Spidey's saying... "Make one move for my shrink wrapped spidey nuts green boy and I'm webbing yo head right up!"

We need pose where hulk is pulling spideys arms out of socket

:lol:rotfl:lol

Wasn't the suit though. Suit has got nothing to do with the inability to rotate both its arms forward or backwards.

It's more the body, the tightest of joints connected to the most fragile piece of connectors.
Because the joints are so tight the arms refused to move, causing the connector to break when one attempts to rotate/move the arms connected to it.

Okay, received my Amazing Spiderman figure today, and I have good news as well as bad news.

Bad news...
Both arms will NOT move forward. It is WAY WAY too tight. I've put enough force in it to not break it, and it's not giving in, not even a sign that it'll move/rotate forward or backwards.

More bad news...
I got the "Do Not Lift Over 80 Degrees" warning slip, but both arms won't even lift past 40 degrees! lol!

I tried as much as I could without running the risk of breaking the shoulder joints, but that's about as much as it would go.
Joints are ridiculously tight on both the joints that allow forward & backward rotations, as well as the joints that allow the arms to be lifted sideways.

Held the shoulder firmly with my left thumb and index finger, while my right hand attempted the rotation forward and/or backwards.

After it broke, i thought to myself, i'm gonna get this arm rotated forward or backwards one way or another since it's already broken, as it can't possibly get any worse.
Guess what? Won't even budge despite me putting as much force into it as I could!!!

might as well break the left one so you can pose it
And fully break the right, forgot you still couldn't move it
Hasn't seem to hinder clipperking

Bad news...

More bad news...

Well, that does it. Even though I already cancelled, I was still holding out hope. Not any more:monkey1

Such a shame this guy has functional flaws and QC issues, because I really do think it looks great. I'm gonna blame all the ppl who were *****ing about the design for the last few months. They put the kenahora on it lol

Will wait for ASM 2. Must be the nature of this suit.

I doubt it. :lol

If they don't get their **** together by ASM 2...They're better off making more iron men and should stay making Iron men, they seemed to have perfected that and not a TTM in a skin tight suit. :dunno

Back