Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i read pages and pages of this thread for very long. sorry if this has been already discussed.

what i'm really wondering about this figure (and the delays) isnt what we see in the pics, but what we dont see (except the head sculpt).

the poses! if i'm willing to spend hundreds of dollars for a spidey figure, of course the suit has to be the most accurate, but hell, it better have style too:

ucs53-tbjqv-85hvd-uzyxj.jpg

and as far as the other hot toys figure i own, that is an impossible task.

i just think spidey looks kinda silly standing...

my two cents....

i read pages and pages of this thread for very long. sorry if this has been already discussed.

what i'm really wondering about this figure (and the delays) isnt what we see in the pics, but what we dont see (except the head sculpt).

the poses! if i'm willing to spend hundreds of dollars for a spidey figure, of course the suit has to be the most accurate, but hell, it better have style too:

ucs53-tbjqv-85hvd-uzyxj.jpg

and as far as the other hot toys figure i own, that is an impossible task.

i just think spidey looks kinda silly standing...

my two cents....
I can agree with that. I dont think I have a single figure that I posed how I planned. There limb either wont stay or it feels like its about to break or if you do get the pose these lycra like stretch costumes (spiderman, selina kyle,) stretch out and get ruined. Boo

Before I'd buy duplicates, but I think I'm either collecting way more, or simply branched out in too many directions with what I'm collecting, to buy duplicates when I want now. This hobby is ridiculous.

Before I'd buy duplicates, but I think I'm either collecting way more, or simply branched out in too many directions with what I'm collecting, to buy duplicates when I want now. This hobby is ridiculous.

:rotfl And yet here we all are, buying our HTs, Medicoms, SSCs, 3As etc like mad fools! :slap

They cost alot, but they are great figures and I don't regret buying any of them, not one. There has not been one that I would consider sending back, not even BCS's Amy Pond figure.

I can agree with that. I dont think I have a single figure that I posed how I planned. There limb either wont stay or it feels like its about to break or if you do get the pose these lycra like stretch costumes (spiderman, selina kyle,) stretch out and get ruined. Boo

Yep... when hot toys or anyone else can make a figure posable like this:

amazing-spider-man.jpg

or this:

996428-what-a-marvel-spider-man.jpg

THEN you'll get my cash and i'll be "happy" to wait for what a year!

but for this:

hot-toys-amazing-spider-man-figure-3.jpg

meh don't know....

Just look at those Arnoldesque pecs!

"Mary Chane! Get beck too da charppa!!!"

"Darcter Arctapuz! I'll brek you you azzholl!"

I can't believe I laughed so hard at those quotes....

but the lack of

"GWAN STACEE, CARM WITH ME IF YOU WANT TO LEEEEVE!"

and if he sticks someone with the webs he must go "STEEK AROUNDZ"

I am new to hot toys, do you think I will get more bang for my money on the black spiderman or this new one?

I am new to hot toys, do you think I will get more bang for my money on the black spiderman or this new one?

All depends on what you like, man. I think both of the Spider-Man 3 Spideys look a little fat; they've got this round, chubby gut thing going on. I also despise Raimi's Spider-Man films, and would never buy one of those Hot Toys. What's more, I've heard from many a reviewer that the Spider-Man 3 costumes are painfully delicate and do not hold up well.

As far as costume materials are concerned, of course, we don't know what this one will be like. But Andrew Garfield IS Peter Parker to me. I love this movie and this costume. But I think that with figures, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If you like Spider-Man 3/Tobey Maguire, then go for it. Either way, Hot Toys are expensive, so you gotta make sure that you spend some time thinking about which ones you want to spend money on.

If you're a comics fan, then maybe you aren't totally satisfied with the symbiote suit in Spider-Man 3. Marc Webb, director of the current series, apparently said once that he'd like to do Venom justice. So, I suppose there's a shred of hope that we'll see another take on the symbiote storyline, which means possibilities for another symbiote suit Spider-Man figure from Hot Toys. I wouldn't hold my breath, though. If you like the look of the Spider-Man 3 one, go with that. But I don't think either figure will give you more bang for your buck, it's just depending on what you like.

And this is my first Hot Toy, too.

All depends on what you like, man. I think both of the Spider-Man 3 Spideys look a little fat; they've got this round, chubby gut thing going on. I also despise Raimi's Spider-Man films, and would never buy one of those Hot Toys. What's more, I've heard from many a reviewer that the Spider-Man 3 costumes are painfully delicate and do not hold up well.

As far as costume materials are concerned, of course, we don't know what this one will be like. But Andrew Garfield IS Peter Parker to me. I love this movie and this costume. But I think that with figures, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If you like Spider-Man 3/Tobey Maguire, then go for it. Either way, Hot Toys are expensive, so you gotta make sure that you spend some time thinking about which ones you want to spend money on.

If you're a comics fan, then maybe you aren't totally satisfied with the symbiote suit in Spider-Man 3. Marc Webb, director of the current series, apparently said once that he'd like to do Venom justice. So, I suppose there's a shred of hope that we'll see another take on the symbiote storyline, which means possibilities for another symbiote suit Spider-Man figure from Hot Toys. I wouldn't hold my breath, though. If you like the look of the Spider-Man 3 one, go with that. But I don't think either figure will give you more bang for your buck, it's just depending on what you like.

And this is my first Hot Toy, too.

:goodpost: Cannot disagree with any of that. Yes, that's a bit of a 'toughy'.

Though I personally don't really see the 'fat' thing and I have both. I also have this on order as I think it is a unique take on the suit that we will probably never properly see again. But that's just me. He switches to the more classic version in ASM-II at some point so I assume that it will be the ongoing suit from then on.

The SM-III R/B and Black Spidey suits are both very fine representations of the movie costumes and do look impressive indeed, but the material is indeed very fine. In a similar way to the recent Reeve/Superman costume it is quite easy to snag the fabric if you are not careful. The webbing on the R/B suit seems a bit more delicate than on the black one too, and also has the saggy-neck thing going off as the mask and costume are all one piece.

But even with all of these minor...well, they're not even what I'd call faults as such...problemettes, they still remain amongst my favourite HTs. I think they just look amazing...no silly joke intended. I never had any doubts that I was getting them both. But if this all a bit new to you, well...there's the rub.

If you want the SM-III R/B Spidey, get a brand new and sealed one. If it is going to get damaged, make sure it's you that's done it!

If you want the the Symbiote/Black version, buy the Exclusive version as you get decent extras and a Maguire head sculpt which is pretty good.

If you like the R/B Spidey but don't trust the fragility of the costume, and would like something a bit different, get this ASM one.

If you want an AMAZING SPIDER-MAN figure but want the more classic R/B style suit, wait for the figure from ASM-II

Last edited:
Back