Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for this. I'd already been looking for items for my outfit and this gave me some great leads. I actually finally joined this site because of it.
I decided to get the Sweeney Todd gloved hands which go really
Came across a great 1/6 scale skateboard. I found the tech deck board I picked up to be a little undersized
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DID-1-6...ion_Figures&hash=item4d095a24b8#ht_2227wt_885

Now the wait for the Spidey figure to arrived. My first full HT figure (unless you count a couple of ttm's I got as drawing reference)

I like the idea of using the Sweeney gloves, I would just be worried about matching skin tone. I thought Sweeney a bit on the pale side, if they don't work out I have extra sets of the ones I used you can have.

I like the idea of using the Sweeney gloves, I would just be worried about matching skin tone. I thought Sweeney a bit on the pale side, if they don't work out I have extra sets of the ones I used you can have.

Yeah, I noticed the difference as soon as I popped them on my ttm. I'm hoping to match the skin tone with paint once the figure arrives.
Any tips on what dye to use for the jeans? I'm worried about marking the figure, which is what happened with a coat I brought a while back.
Thanks again

I used Rit black dye, mix it with really hot water, set the jeans in it over night. Rinse them out well and dry, you should be good.

i can vouch for rit dye, its great stuff. you defiantly have to rinse after and extremely well. i have had dye leech out into figure bodies before :gah:

you may have to experiment on scrap fabric to get the right mix and results before going all in.

FWIW, Andrew didn't wear cut-off gloves. He puts his thumbs through a hole in his hoodie/thermal sleeve cuffs.

You can see it best in the fridge/munchies scene and subsequent rooftop homework scene.

FWIW, Andrew didn't wear cut-off gloves. He puts his thumbs through a hole in his hoodie/thermal sleeve cuffs.

You can see it best in the fridge/munchies scene and subsequent rooftop homework scene.

I was gonna say the same thing. No gloves that I noticed.
:dunno

He wore striped gloves at times (which would be difficult to replicate) as seen here:
andrew-garfield-spiderman.jpg

And he also poked his thumb through his t-shirts sometimes:
spl273626_027-wm900-371x560.jpg

Which is why I prefer the eBay gloves you can slip over any hands. They only have a full opening for the four fingers and a singular hole for the thumb, which is much more screen accurate.

I did notice the glove thing. I went with the sweeney todd hands anyway as I thought it would be easier than fiddling with the thumb hole in sleeve. I've done that to so many of my on tops in the past :)
Don't think I'll have the patience to repaint them to match the gloves he's wearing

Yeah I knew about the thumb hole in the shirt, I saw that in the movie and thought "that what I used to do in highschool back in the early 90s." It's also why I used the old 21C gloves cause that pretty much what they are.

He wore striped gloves at times (which would be difficult to replicate) as seen here:
andrew-garfield-spiderman.jpg

And he also poked his thumb through his t-shirts sometimes:
spl273626_027-wm900-371x560.jpg

Which is why I prefer the eBay gloves you can slip over any hands. They only have a full opening for the four fingers and a singular hole for the thumb, which is much more screen accurate.

The bottom pic aren't gloves, its his top, it has long sleeves with a thumb hole!

Yeah I knew about the thumb hole in the shirt, I saw that in the movie and thought "that what I used to do in highschool back in the early 90s." It's also why I used the old 21C gloves cause that pretty much what they are.

I thought the exact same thing. Used to do that back in the 90's too. :hi5: haha.

Really looking forward to decent pics of this once its in hand with collectors.

Back