Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wowza, I guess the license for this figure was expensive to obtain?

because $205 is crazy...

I wouldn't say it's the licensing thats driving the price of this figure up, its Hot Toys. This isnt anything new with them, Hot Toys has been and can drive up the price whenever they want, because they know customers will pay it.

$205 retail? C'mon, this is a joke.

edit: That Spiderman isn't even eligible for the $15 coupon code either. :p

Whelp...not biting on this one...he looks GREAT! But I have too many other PO's open right now and he is not a over $200 figure...I was thinking he was going to be around $175 to $189....Oh well...:slap

I wouldn't include the Preds...especially Shadow cause he was an exclusive. I expect $200 bucks for the Iron Man stuff particularly WM as he's a ground up 2 off sculpt.

Cap, Loki, Snake & Boss make your point soundly though.

Joker is a DX...apples & oranges.

Yeb black suited spidey huge sandman base xtra hs 199 goblin had board and base xtra hs more accessories for 170 this is licence fee and hyped up price...should be easy 150 will wait and get 1st red and blue spidey ..I'm webslinging past this one for now.......

Now that i'm thinking it over $205 isn't bad when compared to their most other figures currently up for order.

This is a perfect example of why HT drives the prices up on there figures. Not picking on you specifically Nova, it just many collectors have this same way of thinking.

Don't know what HT is thinking with that price. Surely the Red and Blue Tobey couldn't have cost that much less than this! $55 difference? I don't think so. I think the head for the clocktower base is an even swap and then an extra $10-15 for 'inflation' and $175 is what he should have been, tops. :cuckoo:

At least he has free shipping. Its impossible to beat Free shipping at RP from Sideshow from ANY US dealer to me.

I guess no Lizard now since Spidey is going to bomb :(

Buttmunch, does this have free shipping now? I'm not seeing it.

HT has lost me with all these price increase. I haven't PO anything new in awhile. My last purchase might be the Iron Monger. Which is now delayed of course. Thanks HT for pricing us out

Now that i'm thinking it over $205 isn't bad when compared to their most other figures currently up for order.

It's less than

Shadow Predator
Classic Pedator
City hunter predator
War machine
Cap
Loki
Iron man MK II
Naked Snake
The Boss
Joker

And a bunch of others, the only thing is this doesn't come with accessories, but it does have two head.

So value wise it's just slightly under most of their others, if this is too much at $205 then the others must also be considered grossly overpriced :lecture

I'm waiting on OSB pricing before going to Sideshow

Way to talk yourself into it. Pass for me at that price and I get 20% off

I am pretty new to this but I recently saw a few Spiderman black versions brand new for sale, I am not sure how long he has been out but I mean Spiderman doesn't seem that popular for hot toys? For those arguing it falls in line with stuff such as Avengers pre-orders, well yeah it does but I mean Avengers stuff is pretty big. I mean Iron Mans sell out quite quick and Avengers film has just gone mental in terms of gross so I think most people are happy to pay those prices. This figure just seems a bit strange to come in at $205 though, I would've expected $189.99 which I would've been happy to pay nearer release if I end up liking the film.

Also this is technically a new franchise, most of the Avengers have already had previous films and have a bit of a background, for all we know this Spidey could suck balls (from what I have heard it doesn't but still...).

Well 189.99 before shipping with my coupon, so with the rewards points that's better than anywhere else. Oh well, some extras would have been nice, but I love the figure.

So, sorry for the ignorance here, but where is the Exclusive being offered?

I haven't read an answer yet.

ORDERED!!! :yess:

i don't get why people demand and expect this to be no more than $189.99 but are totally fine with Loki being $219.99 :slap :cuckoo:

What the? $205? Why the heck is this figure more expensive than nick fury, black widow, etc??? Uuugghh well...I needs my Spidey, so I'll bite the bullet. I can see myself leaving this hobby soon because it's getting ridiculous.

$204.99 for this?
Nothing except a head sculpt,a sculpt that's not even OK'ed yet?
I don't understand why it's that much!
Not even another base like the original and black version came with?
I'll see the movie and pass on the figure.

Back