Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
423520_406799539382042_1184641103_n.jpg

528038_406799549382041_1564629351_n.jpg

562950_406799566048706_2066098373_n.jpg

482048_406799579382038_338803415_n.jpg

402045_406799596048703_2026518175_n.jpg

finally some good pics ...

majorly wanting this.

f____ DX batman and f____ catwoman (well, I'd like to anyway :D) but man I really can't wait to own this. Is it perfect? well, no. could it be better? yes. BUT I'll still be happy if that's what we end up getting. so long as the ankle joints are tight and won't break as easily as SM3's did

majorly wanting this.

f____ DX batman and f____ catwoman (well, I'd like to anyway :D) but man I really can't wait to own this. Is it perfect? well, no. could it be better? yes. BUT I'll still be happy if that's what we end up getting. so long as the ankle joints are tight and won't break as easily as SM3's did

If this figure ends up getting delayed too much I think I will cry :(

Has Hot Toys ever released a figure on time?

Head's way too big. And yeah, I retract what I said about the neck sleeve, the masked one clearly shows that it has the right cut. It must have gotten jammed inside when they put on Andrew's headsculpt.

....about the neck sleeve, the masked one clearly shows that it has the right cut. It must have gotten jammed inside when they put on Andrew's headsculpt.

I and several others have been trying to convince people that this is the case, on this thread, for a while now.

But HT have made their own problems worse because the shot that shows this, is a terrible, TERRIBLE, Photoshop botch job that Ray Charles would have spotted, this one...

575687_10150898461392344_70239385_n.jpg

...with that awful cropping along the chin line and no shadow from his chin on his neck. I'd say that it's a composite of at least three separate elements to make this one (badly produced) picture.

Last edited:
If this figure ends up getting delayed too much I think I will cry :(

Has Hot Toys ever released a figure on time?

I think I got the mark IV on time. I know Jack Sparrow and Classic Pred (Predators version) were delayed like hell. I don't think HT Thor was delayed too long either. I got him when the film was still in theaters.

spider-man-funny-tobey.jpg

Just a quicky for folks to see the plain silliness of chasing spot-on correct 'movie accurate' details. Things in movies change from scene to scene and this new SM costume was no different from the old one in this respect.

Here we can see the costume come half way up his neck, but that is not the 'V' neck we are looking for. But there are also official 'V' neck photos so which is correct?

Neither and both. Either of them is correct depending on what they need from the suit, just like in the Raimi Trilogy. During the 'kiss' the collar comes up to Tobey's chin, but when he runs down the street during the 'parade' attack and he rips his shirt open superman-style it comes down to his collar bones. Just a few examples...

Full/high neck line
spidermankiss.jpg

Tight-neck comparison (note: different from the top photo and the V neck)
comparestraightneck.jpg
blacksuitopen.jpg

The V neck
spidernewvneck.jpg

Low neck line
blacklowneck.jpg

I'm not going to let his neck line worry me too much..... It's freakin' Spiderman!

No, you won't and nor will I, but a lot of folks on here seem to be, and it's pretty silly. To all intents and purposes, the suit is no more than a pretty prop designed to look and act in certain ways, depending on what was required in the scene.

Just like the mask. In Raimi's trilogy and this new film, the mask is more of a helmet with the outer layer and some sort of jawed face plate beneath. Every time you see Tobey or Andrew pull off the mask, it is a specially designed, one-off prop built especially for that shot and that shot alone.

I think this figure looks neat indeed. It is not without its issues but I want one and will pick one up ASAP. I cannot just yet...but I will.

One thing I noticed is the eyes look too sunken in on the mask compared to shots from the film.

BTW for the comparison photos the shot of Tobey in the black suit with the higher neck that is a photo edit of the normal suit, I recognise it also the spider logo is wrong

I see Spider-man has been pushed back already to February 2013!

You're right!

Is this because of manufacturing scheduling, or do you think it's to make more changes?

I'm really hoping it's to give them more time to work out the kinks.

You're right!

Is this because of manufacturing scheduling, or do you think it's to make more changes?

I'm really hoping it's to give them more time to work out the kinks.

I'm hoping it's the latter, I do think they're looking to make some tweaks tbh! Don't forget we've had no official headsculpt shots yet, so I think it could be possible!

Back