Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Post credits scene in hide, anyone?

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
So after the constant arguing over open spoilers (which was a good week/ two weeks after release) in the Avengers threads and Prometheus threads we get straight in there with the open Spider Man spoilers! WTF?!

fixed, my bad, just realized it does give something away about the way it ends, my bad.

Usually i don't care about the unmasked HS for masked characters but i really wanna see this

575687_10150898461392344_70239385_n.jpg

Hope it's shown at SDCC with a new batch of spec-pics afterwords

Just saw movie...lenses are definately off here. As for the wrinkles...his suit definately wrinkled n the movie ....just was more dark in areas and not rubbery

Just back from seeing it also. Dug the hell out of it, despite the theatre trying to kill me from lack of A/C during the screening.

I found much more emotional resonance with this one. I didn't really give a toss about Uncle Ben in the first Spidey movie.

Garfield nailed it.

And the lenses are completely off on this figure. In the movie they're reflective and only ever yellow, when bathed in a certain light

Emma Stone, hubba hubba!

That's one promise I couldn't make...

I'm terrified of seeing a spoiler... but is the suit film accurate? Aside from the lenses being reflective and not yellow? Because I think that's a problem that HT could easily correct... reflective lenses would be sweet!!!!

I'm terrified of seeing a spoiler... but is the suit film accurate? Aside from the lenses being reflective and not yellow? Because I think that's a problem that HT could easily correct... reflective lenses would be sweet!!!!
It's too brightly coloured at the moment, IMO.

The shops knocking around here, with him dirtied up a bit, look far more film accurate to me.

There's also different versions of the suit. I saw what looked like a zip, quite clearly on the back of one of them.
There's the suit where the mask, etc are one piece, with no seam at all around the neck area. And then there's also the ones with the neck piece and 'stunt' mask.

Last edited:
Nice looking figure. Looks really nice for what it is.

It's too expensive though. Just a regular old body with an extra head and a base. Not quite sure how that equates to over $200, it's $170 at best.

But hey, that seems to be the norm. Still not as bad as that new Captain America. That's ridiculous.

Indeed.

I'm trying to think positive and remember just how crap the red and blue Spidey prototype looked, compared to the final figure.

Yikes.

Definite purchase for me if they can adjust the lenses and the toning down of the suit. Please HT get it right :pray:

Awesome film!

After seeing the movie I'd love to get this but HT definitely needs to make a few tweaks. Especially the eyes.

Calcifer's shop is the figure I'd like to have.

Back