Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, how little change color of suit and finish of eyes can change hole figure!
asmfix.jpg
555961_10150898460677344_532257865_n.jpg

Yes that is spot on. Right now it is way too vibrant. Unless it looks like the top picture it will be a skip for me.

I've mentioned this also, but to be fair, I don't think everyone who reads the comics may have neccesarily read the very earliest issues when this happens.

To be fair though, I think any adhesive compay would be happy to take the formula as is and then work on it to make it permanent.

Man, Spider-man is so unrealistic...

The post it note adhesive was the result of a massive failure by the chemist, as he was trying to make a permanent adhesive. Later, someone found an application for his formula.

Just saw the film yesterday. Pleasantly surprised by the cast, though IMO tobey maguire is still the better Peter, the script was definitely better. In the end, in the film itself the costume didn't bother me as much as the stills, but all in all the first costume is still better. Won't buy this simply because I don't like the design. Too bad, cause I liked the film.

Come on fellow Freaks, the ability to swear and cuss in other languages is a real bonus ( I can give you a virtually unending torrent of profanity in Spanish if you'd like me to) but this is going too far, don't you think?

This is for the 1/6 scale, new movie, Spidey figure...and not the forum for debating the ethics morals and legality of anything.

If it's any consolation eczamurai, I know for a fact that your English is superb, certainly way above anything I could come up with in Dutch...Wat vindt u ervan?

Actually, I barely called him anything at all, I called him "ouwe" which means old man. I called him "eikel" which means testicle, so i guess you got a fair point there xD

Wat ik ervan vind? Ik vind het absoluut fantastisch!

Gracias!

Well, how little change color of suit and finish of eyes can change hole figure!
asmfix.jpg
555961_10150898460677344_532257865_n.jpg

I would actually consider picking it up if it looked like that, i think the suit looks a lot better when the colours are darkened a bit rather than shiny and almost rubber looking like the original pic in the right, and hopefully they change the eyes too like many have mentioned. Only time will tell

Im guessing the eyes are reflective and its just flattened out for photo shoot so it doesn't show the background or lights. Im sure this figure will look great in hand.

I feel the same about Captain America. Oh and Hawkeye. Almost forgot Nick Fury too, and Bane.

EDIT: forgot catwoman aswell

Im not crazy about the look of Captain America either. Nobody complained enough about it to force any change. The material looks off, especially with the stitching, not to mention the shoulders, underdeveloped legs and a head sculpt that doesn't look like Evans.

And that...is just my own two cents.

Actually, I barely called him anything at all, I called him "ouwe" which means old man. I called him "eikel" which means testicle, so i guess you got a fair point there xD

Wat ik ervan vind? Ik vind het absoluut fantastisch!

Gracias!

And since I am a woman, you showed you are a sexist jerk in addition to your homophobic use of "gay" to slam this costume. Grow up.

And since I am a woman, you showed you are a sexist jerk in addition to your homophobic use of "gay" to slam this costume. Grow up.

Complain more. Don't see how I am a sexist jerk really. I mean, I ám, but don't see how what I typed points that out.

Because honestly, had I called the suit stupid, you'd have to complain about how it's not appropriate to the people who can't speak, or lesser gifted in the brain department, because otherwise, you'd be a hypocrit. But don't think you'd do that because it would make you look silly, which you do now anyway. Let me use the terms I want to use please.

I recommend watching South Park.

Last edited:
Funny, but all the gay people I've ever known throughout my life have been pretty much the best human beings I've had the honor of meeting. So coining something as gay, to me, is a compliment, however irrelevant that adjective may be when it is used as such.

Funny, but all the gay people I've ever known throughout my life have been pretty much the best human beings I've had the honor of meeting. So coining something as gay, to me, is a compliment, however irrelevant that adjective may be when it is used as such.

I've got a couple of gay friends as well actually, as a matter a fact, the Netherlands where I reside is one of the most gay-friendly communities in the world.

The term gay doesn't mean I hate gay people. It's YMCA gay.

And YMCA gay is NOT regular gay. But it's still gay.

It's like stupid, or dumb. Something looks dumb, doesn't mean I immediatly refer to all the dumb people in the world.

Back to the suit: It's gay.

^ :lol

I think this is going to be one nice figure, but I'm holding out for a symbiote version to be honest.. that is, if they go there with this series.

I'm just imagining an all black outfit - no webs, with that elongated Spidey symbol done in white on his front - with silvery reflective eye lenses.

Now, that'd be one kick@$$ figure. :lecture

Back