Hot Toys - MMS174 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Captain America Offical Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally broke down and bought this on GoHastings before he was sold out and the price went up. I was holding off... but I've grown to like this suit more and more.

I did the same exact thing last week. I should have him by tomorrow morning.

I almost broke down on it but didnt. I know I will regret it but I am looking forward to a Captain America from winter soldier.

Very nice.
Great lighting.
With IM3 out, i moved Tony front and centre and moved my custom Cap to the back for a bit.
Tony is just as cool right now.
His Black sabbath look will have to do till i get an IM3 style of costume.

IMG_3436_zpsced5fffc.jpg~original

IMG_3438_zpsc6597cda.jpg~original

Very nice.
Great lighting.
With IM3 out, i moved Tony front and centre and moved my custom Cap to the back for a bit.
Tony is just as cool right now.
His Black sabbath look will have to do till i get an IM3 style of costume.

IMG_3436_zpsced5fffc.jpg~original

IMG_3438_zpsc6597cda.jpg~original

Thanks very much Username! :hi5:

Like the Black Sabbath Tony, very cool!

Is the Unmasked Avengers head really that bad?
:(

Not really bad. But it's more for an action shot. Like him fighting.
Not a "standing to attention" shot. Unless he hated the camera man.
:)

Like the Black Sabbath Tony, very cool!

Thanks a lot. It's a soldier story body with an LED system in the space inside the chest.

Is the Unmasked Avengers head really that bad?
:(

I hated it to begin with. I just could not stand it at, I hated every single close up. Then I got the figure in hand and I realised that the close-ups are actually the problem. Now, my opinion has 100% reversed.

I sort of knew this before anyway but the unmasked sculpt really brought it home that, these heads are not really meant to be seen expanded up to 7 or 8 inches high. They are smaller than a golf ball and that's how they are meant to be seen. Now I actually really appreciate the head for what it is, a great piece of work at a difficult scale, that initially was carved by hand. If I ever do a 'Helicarrier Attack' dio, it's there all perfect and ready.

I hated it to begin with. I just could not stand it at, I hated every single close up. Then I got the figure in hand and I realised that the close-ups are actually the problem. Now, my opinion has 100% reversed.

I sort of knew this before anyway but the unmasked sculpt really brought it home that, these heads are not really meant to be seen expanded up to 7 or 8 inches high. They are smaller than a golf ball and that's how they are meant to be seen. Now I actually really appreciate the head for what it is, a great piece of work at a difficult scale, that initially was carved by hand. If I ever do a 'Helicarrier Attack' dio, it's there all perfect and ready.

To me it's incredible that these heads are usually just an inch high.
Some are better than others(I still swear TFA helmeted head looks like Brad Pitt in there), but it's totally amazing the detail they get in there.
I'd say the Avengers sculpt isn't bad. But i prefer the Rescue Version head.

To me it's incredible that these heads are usually just an inch high.
Some are better than others(I still swear TFA helmeted head looks like Brad Pitt in there), but it's totally amazing the detail they get in there.
I'd say the Avengers sculpt isn't bad. But i prefer the Rescue Version head.

Yes I think that the rescue head is probably the best of the unmasked 'Rogers' heads.

Just placed an order for Cap and he should be here sometime next week. It'll be my first Marvel Hot Toys figure and I'm pumped :yess:

Is the problem with the shield's paint chipping that serious? If so, I may try and coat them like some users have in the forum to prevent it from happening to mine.

To those of you that have the Rescue Version and the Avengers Version of Captain America, will the Rescue helmet fit on the “un-masked” angry Steve Rogers head?

Back