Hot Toys - MMS174 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Captain America Offical Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A bit OT but you do know that Big Chief Studios is making a high quality Tom Baker Who #4 figure that is supposed to come up for PO a bit later this year?

https://www.facebook.com/BigChiefStudiosLimited

Oh yes, subject to final quality and pricing I would like to get at least 2 as Tom is my favorite Doctor.....I met him last year which was quite a moment :yess:

And to get back on topic :wink1:,

I'm really pleased with Cap, the unmasked head looks MUCH better in person and to me at least looks a bit more like Chris Evans than the masked sculpt.

I found the shield a bit fiddly to get in his hand properly due to the tiny straps but it's nice and secure and both the clean and battle damaged ones look great.

The poseability is somewhat restricted due to the fit of the costume but I never really go for extreme action poses so it'll be fine standing with my other Avengers.

Here's the message I sent to SS for Bat-Pod and Captain America orders. Still waiting for their response:

"Well, I am very disappointed after receiving the replacement for both orders. One was received on 01/30, and another was on 01/31.

First, the items are even worse than the ones I got for the first time. Now I wish I never requested the exchange for both items.

Second, I do understand these are hand-made products so they may vary from box to box. This was why I only wanted to send you back the certain defected parts, NOT THE WHOLE BOX SET. Now we can put Hot Toys' QC issue aside, but you DO NOT SEND ME SOMETHING THAT HAS BEEN OPENED. Both Batpod and Captain America boxes had been opened, and the figures inside were re-wraped and re-taped. They were the returns from other collectors. How in the world would you expect that I will gladly accept them like nothing happened? Why would SS have such practice? Frankly I do not want to see these two figures now, as I feel deceived.

Here's what I would like to do: I would like to exchange for new, unopened for both orders, or I want a refund. Maybe business is the world I do not fully understand, but as a future nurse, I do not tolerate unfair practice like this. You do not send me something that others do not want. I do not give you the med that is dropped or contaminated, and I have to give you a new one.

This message will be posted in SSF forum thread, and your response will be informed to the members there as well."

I'm really pleased with Cap, the unmasked head looks MUCH better in person and to me at least looks a bit more like Chris Evans than the masked sculpt...

I was very unsure of the unmasked sculpt to begin with, I really did not like what I saw in the reveal photos. But now that mine is here and I actually have it in my hands, It is really good. I appreciate it for what it is...a superb piece of art at a very small scale. The huge blow-ups of such a small thing really do not do it justice. I still think that as likenesses across the CA figure range goes, that the rescue is probably the closest overall, but this one is not too shabby either.

Here's the message I sent to SS for Bat-Pod and Captain America orders. Still waiting for their response:

"Well, I am very disappointed after receiving the replacement for both orders. One was received on 01/30, and another was on 01/31.

First, the items are even worse than the ones I got for the first time. Now I wish I never requested the exchange for both items.

Second, I do understand these are hand-made products so they may vary from box to box. This was why I only wanted to send you back the certain defected parts, NOT THE WHOLE BOX SET. Now we can put Hot Toys' QC issue aside, but you DO NOT SEND ME SOMETHING THAT HAS BEEN OPENED. Both Batpod and Captain America boxes had been opened, and the figures inside were re-wraped and re-taped. They were the returns from other collectors. How in the world would you expect that I will gladly accept them like nothing happened? Why would SS have such practice? Frankly I do not want to see these two figures now, as I feel deceived.

Here's what I would like to do: I would like to exchange for new, unopened for both orders, or I want a refund. Maybe business is the world I do not fully understand, but as a future nurse, I do not tolerate unfair practice like this. You do not send me something that others do not want. I do not give you the med that is dropped or contaminated, and I have to give you a new one.

This message will be posted in SSF forum thread, and your response will be informed to the members there as well."

This sounds really cheap on first reading, but is it possible that they were opened only to inspect that all was well with the replacements? Would it not make some sense to check that whatever they are send out to replace faulty items would be OKed before re-dispatching?

I am not being an apologist here, I am just thinking...why would they do that?

I was very unsure of the unmasked sculpt to begin with, I really did not like what I saw in the reveal photos. But now that mine is here and I actually have it in my hands, It is really good. I appreciate it for what it is...a superb piece of art at a very small scale. The huge blow-ups of such a small thing really do not do it justice. I still think that as likenesses across the CA figure range goes, that the rescue is probably the closest overall, but this one is not too shabby either.

This sounds really cheap on first reading, but is it possible that they were opened only to inspect that all was well with the replacements? Would it not make some sense to check that whatever they are send out to replace faulty items would be OKed before re-dispatching?

because they dont give a horses :censored!!!:rotfl

I did consider that possibility, but like I said, both are worse than what I had first time. Minor defect is ok, but certain parts in CA and Bat-Pod are just...bad.

Last edited:
Love this piece!
A1F69D0B_zps17d74aa4.jpg

Thank you sirs!
I am finally starting to use a flash to bounce light when I take photos sometimes. I've only got a REALLY cheap (as in $30 cheap) Quantaray flash, but it does tilt up and down so I can bounce it off the ceiling in most of the rooms in my house.

Received mine this morning, fantastic figure! Unfortunately the clean shield has a chipped edge, and Capt's "zip" had come away from his costume above the waist so had to be glued down.

It was also making a rattling noise, and when I popped the head off this fell out.
59c134e1705f9c07b1757a5f9210e521_zps1d16813b.jpg

Any idea what it is? Doesn't seem to have affected the figure in any way.

654a1a53c571be02d5090f09622ed016_zpse115d34c.jpg

As usual, fantastic packaging by Onesixthbruce!

I just received mine from Onesixthbruce as well, great looking figure from what I can see. Can't wait to get him home and have a proper look and posing session :rock

Received mine this morning, fantastic figure! Unfortunately the clean shield has a chipped edge, and Capt's "zip" had come away from his costume above the waist so had to be glued down.

It was also making a rattling noise, and when I popped the head off this fell out.
59c134e1705f9c07b1757a5f9210e521_zps1d16813b.jpg

Any idea what it is? Doesn't seem to have affected the figure in any way.

I don't own the figure yet, but that looks like it could be a zipper handle... :dunno

Back