Hot Toys - MMS174 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Captain America Offical Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waited a few months and finally got mine...
Crooked star
Can't even open it right now, want to try to see if the place I ordered from will exchange...
Sigh, oh Hot Toys...

Preordered from BBTS and got it last week with a crooked star. They offered to exchange, but since they couldn't open a new one to check if it was straight before shipping, I opted for a refund.

Ordered a replacement through Sideshow and luckily it arrived with a straighter star. Its not 100% straight, but its good enough to not bug me and only be noticeable upon closer inspection.

Preordered from BBTS and got it last week with a crooked star. They offered to exchange, but since they couldn't open a new one to check if it was straight before shipping, I opted for a refund.

Ordered a replacement through Sideshow and luckily it arrived with a straighter star. Its not 100% straight, but its good enough to not bug me and only be noticeable upon closer inspection.

Sigh! Things are not looking good for this batch! :mad:

Are there any pictures of the crooked star, just curious how crooked it actually is, and if it was fixable...

just received mine today ! here quick look vdo

[ame="https://youtu.be/VxvexzCO_SM"]https://youtu.be/VxvexzCO_SM[/ame]

1_zps7463fa33.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_3669_zpsaf3f2123.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Where did you order from?

I ordered from Superpowercollectibles. Unfortunately, they're out of stock, so an exchange isn't possible. I have the option of a refund, but I don't know if I should...

I live in Canada, so options are scarcer, and there's no guarantee one from another store (at a higher price) wouldn't have the crooked star.

Any suggestions/opinions?

Last edited:
I ordered from Superpowercollectibles. Unfortunately, they're out of stock, so an exchange isn't possible. I have the option of a refund, but I don't know if I should...

I live in Canada, so options are scarcer, and there's no guarantee one from another store (at a higher price) wouldn't have the crooked star.

Any suggestions/opinions?

You could try and straighten it yourself or you could try and order one from this Canadian based online store.

https://www.toys2.net/product.php?productid=21210&cat=0&page=1

Just got mine tonight. A little disappointed in the limited range of motion in the arms, but I was surprised by the inclusion of the hood. Sadly think it looks better without the mask but as a purest I know he should be wearing it.

I haven't seen anyone reporting that the sheild is flaking or losing paint like the FA sheild did?

Is it? Did they fix the paint issue with the clean sheild?

Maybe, or maybe it is too early to tell. He's only been out for 2-3 months.

Well there were some First Avenger reports that right out of the box, the shield when handled lost paint...

Just waiting for Hulk.
IMG_5707.jpg

Getting some use out of the Unmasked Sculpt
IronManCollectionandCaps.jpg

Awesome collection! :clap

I haven't seen anyone reporting that the sheild is flaking or losing paint like the FA sheild did?

Is it? Did they fix the paint issue with the clean sheild?

So far, so good with mine. Let's hope it stays that way. :pray:

Back