Hot Toys - MMS174 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Captain America Offical Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just checked account page on sideshow and noticed my captain America shipped and I'm getting him on the 20th . I'm very glad but confused because I didn't receive a email from sideshow or FedEx that my item had shipped .

I don't want to get anyone's hopes up, and I'm not sure what other people have experienced with FedEx, but I find that when they ship over a weekend my packages usually have a 50/50 chance of arriving a day early :pray:

I preordered Captain with Urban Samurai, I emailed them and Spence told me they probably won't be ready to ship out till next year.

Anyone AE buyers think we'll get this guy before the end of the year?

Doubtful. AE newsletter stated they will receive their allotment Christmas week. So that probably means process/ship first and second week of the new year at the earliest.

Mine is still "shipping soon." Very annoying. The woman I talked to at Sideshow said I can't upgrade my shipping this late in the game, but that they still expect it to arrive by Christmas.

First impressions 5 minutes out of the box... this figure is sheer awesome.

The pros:
  • The stitching all over the uniform is spot on. The texture on the uniform looks very realistic.
  • The proportions are perfect.
  • The masked portrait looks fantastic and accurate. The helmet details especially the indented wings on the sides of the helmet look amazing.
  • The clean shield's reflective sheen is perfect.
  • Didn't really care for the Chitauri alien weapon at first, but seeing it in hand, it actually looks well put together and is detailed.
  • There can be no mistake that this figure's overall likeness is true to the film.

The cons:
  • The mask blue color is off compared to the uniform blue color. (EDIT: I re-watched Avengers and the helmet is indeed a slightly different shade of blue)
  • The unmasked portrait looks off (I think its the eyes that don't look right to me).
  • Leg articulation at the thigh might be a little risky to try; don't want to risk ripping the crotch area of the suit.
  • I wish there would have been ankle movement with the boots, similar to what SSC does with Zartan, Viper or Crimson Guard.

All in all though, this piece is well worth it and a must have. I am extremely happy with it and it was well worth the wait. Hot Toys does it again!

Oh, and SSC included a Christmas card in the box too! :)

Last edited:
Yea I'm pumped too. Thanks for your thoughts mrclean08.

Everyone at first gets thrown off by the tri-color scheme until they realize that it's correct. It's about time Hot Toys actually got the colors of an outfit right :lol

I think that the Evans sculpt isn't 100% but from what I've seen in videos and pics, I'm happy with it. I prefer it to the Rescue Cap. Even though the rescue Cap may have a better likeness, that brown hair kills it for me a lil'.

I think I'm going to hug my Fedex guy when he hands over my Capt. on the 19th. That's just how excited I am to get him.

First impressions 5 minutes out of the box... this figure is sheer awesome.

The pros:
  • The stitching all over the uniform is spot on. The texture on the uniform looks very realistic.
  • The proportions are perfect.
  • The masked portrait looks fantastic and accurate. The helmet details especially the indented wings on the sides of the helmet look amazing.
  • The clean shield's reflective sheen is perfect.
  • Didn't really care for the Chitauri alien weapon at first, but seeing it in hand, it actually looks well put together and is detailed.
  • There can be no mistake that this figure's overall likeness is true to the film.

The cons:
  • The mask blue color is off compared to the uniform blue color. (EDIT: I re-watched Avengers and the helmet is indeed a slightly different shade of blue)
  • The unmasked portrait looks off (I think its the eyes that don't look right to me).
  • Leg articulation at the thigh might be a little risky to try; don't want to risk ripping the crotch area of the suit.
  • I wish there would have been ankle movement with the boots, similar to what SSC does with Zartan, Viper or Crimson Guard.

All in all though, this piece is well worth it and a must have. I am extremely happy with it and it was well worth the wait. Hot Toys does it again!

Oh, and SSC included a Christmas card in the box too! :)

Great insight. Thanks.

Back