Hot Toys - MMS174 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Captain America Offical Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I can't seem to understand why he gets his stock so much later than other sellers. However he does a really good price. I paid about £135 I think for Cap which is fantastic for what he's going for now.

Just got my Cap Avengers Head off eBay from a seller in Hong Kong. Just wanted the head but it looks pretty good on the FA body outfit.
aqy6e4e3.jpg
usuhage9.jpg
amuzumy7.jpg
ju3u6ety.jpg
aqa7eqa3.jpg
eme2yduv.jpg
veze7apa.jpg
uvady7ah.jpg
re9a7ury.jpg
4u5aqebu.jpg

Definitely more of an action pose head. The rescue cap works good too when you think about helmet hair.

Are those genuine HT heads? I don't know, it may be the different lighting you have used (I suspect so - it does make a huge difference), but they both look sort of dead around the eyes.

I don't like the unmasked sculpt at all and would not use it (too pouty and puffy round the mouth for my taste) but that just does not even look like the first proto pix we were presented with.

:dunno

Last edited:
Yes. I agree my pics are bad. They look 100 times better in hand. As far as I know they are genuine HT heads. They were advertised that way.

Oops. Didn't see the belt. Was more concerned about posting with the heads.

Just did a chat online with Christina at Sideshow... They are still waiting on Cap. Apparently the dock strike dealyed the arrival at the warehouse. They are still hoping to start shipping on orders today or tomorrow, but no promises.

Ah well.... Guess I am back to thinking he won't make it by Christmas after all. Being in Ohio, my only hope is he ships out by tomorrow at the latest. Otherwise, it probably won't arrive until the Wednesday after the holiday.

Sallah

Just did a chat online with Christina at Sideshow... They are still waiting on Cap. Apparently the dock strike dealyed the arrival at the warehouse. They are still hoping to start shipping on orders today or tomorrow, but no promises.

Ah well.... Guess I am back to thinking he won't make it by Christmas after all. Being in Ohio, my only hope is he ships out by tomorrow at the latest. Otherwise, it probably won't arrive until the Wednesday after the holiday.

Sallah

Same here being in New York the only chance I have to get this by Christmas is if they ship out tomorrow :pray: :)lol the little kid in me)

JediJim3002, looks great with the Helmet in hand, was that a lot of work detaching it from the face sculpt? did you have to dremel it out a bunch?

I just spoke with Sideshow Jaclyn and she said that Sideshow only received their Captain America stock today 12/13/12 due to the workers strike at the L.A. & Long Beach ports.

She mentioned that my order won't probably ship until Monday at the earliest but to make up for it Sideshow will be upgrading it to expedited shipping (at no extra cost) so that I will get him (here in Australia) before Christmas!

Also just received the newsletter and it mentions at the top of it that Sideshow's offices and warehouse are closed tomorrow from 11am? Why close down the warehouse now when we are this close to Christmas? Time for the Sideshow Christmas party perhaps?....;)

SSC is closing tomorrow for an in-house training? Come on...who scheduled that? Talk about poor planning. Christimas is 12 days away and they decide to close for a day. Whaterver! Looks like Cap is not shipping until Monday. That 72 hour policy went out the window apparently. :pfft::impatient:

If I put in an order for this now, would I be able to get it in the US before Christmas?

JediJim3002, looks great with the Helmet in hand, was that a lot of work detaching it from the face sculpt? did you have to dremel it out a bunch?

Yes. Huge pain is the ass. I broke the bottom of the helmet eye sockets and cracked the back before I realized I should have boiled it first. It's probably easier doing that first.

I just spoke with Sideshow Jaclyn and she said that Sideshow only received their Captain America stock today 12/13/12 due to the workers strike at the L.A. & Long Beach ports.

She mentioned that my order won't probably ship until Monday at the earliest but to make up for it Sideshow will be upgrading it to expedited shipping (at no extra cost) so that I will get him (here in Australia) before Christmas!

Also just received the newsletter and it mentions at the top of it that Sideshow's offices and warehouse are closed tomorrow from 11am? Why close down the warehouse now when we are this close to Christmas? Time for the Sideshow Christmas party perhaps?....;)

The frustration continues. Wouldn't be so bad had they not billed us beforehand before stiffing us for several days.

Back