Hot Toys - MMS174 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Captain America Offical Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You dollar people are spoiled... :rotfl

Way too good prices... way too good...

I just think its daft that every other country in the world more or less got to see it before the US.

Thats pretty bizarre alright. Its very much an american film. And an awesome one. Just saw it tonight. I fear the rest of the summer movies - superhero ones particularly, will feel tame after this..

Thats pretty bizarre alright. Its very much an american film. And an awesome one. Just saw it tonight. I fear the rest of the summer movies - superhero ones particularly, will feel tame after this..

Yeah i just hope they do alot more Avengers movies :)

Yeah i just hope they do alot more Avengers movies :)

Indeed. Plus, if they weren't so inclined before, I'd say DC will definitely now want to capitalise on the superhero mash-up success of Avengers and put out a Justice League film.

Anyway, after seeing the film I feel definite temptation for...well all of them, but Captain America, Hulk, Thor and Iron Man particularly. I swore I'd never bother with another Iron Man after the Mark III that I ended up selling but I really enjoyed his role in this film and the interplay with Banner, Cpt.America and Thor.

However, I'm not preordering anything. I need to wait to make sure that this isn't just the hype talking. Plus to see what the financial situation will be when they're all getting released.

Indeed. Plus, if they weren't so inclined before, I'd say DC will definitely now want to capitalise on the superhero mash-up success of Avengers and put out a Justice League film.

Anyway, after seeing the film I feel definite temptation for...well all of them, but Captain America, Hulk, Thor and Iron Man particularly. I swore I'd never bother with another Iron Man after the Mark III that I ended up selling but I really enjoyed his role in this film and the interplay with Banner, Cpt.America and Thor.

However, I'm not preordering anything. I need to wait to make sure that this isn't just the hype talking. Plus to see what the financial situation will be when they're all getting released.

Yeah i'd love a Justice League film as i'm just as much a DC fan as i am Marvel.

I'm not pre-ordering any HT's Avengers figs as i have the original Thor, IM MIV and Cap. But i'm buying Hulk even if i have to sell a kidney :)

Indeed. Plus, if they weren't so inclined before, I'd say DC will definitely now want to capitalise on the superhero mash-up success of Avengers and put out a Justice League film...

I agree, but the idea is not without its own problems. The SUPERMAN reboot is well under way and presumably the same SUPERMAN that would appear in the JLA movie, fine....But

They still need to reboot BATMAN after the Nolan movie version...where there are no meta-humans.

As much as I liked the GREEN LANTERN movie, it totally tanked so that will need reboot too.

There is no WONDER WOMAN movie.

There is no FLASH movie.

So that's one reboot in progress, two more new reboots and two star-overs from scratch and about 10 years worth of film making before anyone even gets to the JLA film.

Will people still be interested in superhero movies by then?

I beg to differ. The Dark Knight Rises conclusion should be a box office hit still. There are a lot of fans who still prefer the dark tone of Nolan's movies. Some fans will feel there's a bit too too much wise cracks in The Avengers. I liked it personally but I am a admirer of Nolan's directing especially in The Dark Knight.

The amazing spider man looks good in the trailers too. I only hope the movie is as good.

Thus the competition is still around. :lecture

I read a while ago that a JLA film is in the way and next years Superman is the start of the build up to it. Nolan has already signed up to produce the reboot of Batman so they're well on their way already :)

Plus, if they weren't so inclined before, I'd say DC will definitely now want to capitalise on the superhero mash-up success of Avengers and put out a Justice League film.

So DC will be playing catch-up with Marvel. What's new? :rotfl

The suits at Time Warner are clueless when it comes to big tentpole superhero flicks. Without Nolan, they'd have crapped out with Batman yet again. And frankly--despite their popularity--lots of folks find Nolan's Batman flicks to be dour, downbeat, and waay too self-important. (DC's animation division has released better product than anything from WB's film studios.)

Superhero flicks foremost should be fun, not some halfbaked, handwringing existentialist meditation on the nature of good vs. evil.

In terms of humor and exuberance and appealing to as wide an audience as possible (read: kids), I think The Avengers will eat The Dork Knight's lunch.

back on topic: Even with 2 heads and 2 shields, this piece seems awfully pricey. I have to agree with others who have argued that the price of oil and licensing can't fully explain HT's new skyrocketing price points. At this rate, their Hulk will cost $600! :slap

____

I just pre-ordered this figure last night. I might give my brother the other cap figure as I don't need both. I know he can't afford it plus it's new and not a hand me down lol :p

I think The Avengers will eat The Dork Knight's lunch.

Even with the inflated 3D ticket prices, I'm not sure The Avengers will beat The Dark Knight's $533M domestic box office total. That's an impressive feat for a "dour, downbeat, and waay too self-important" movie :wink1:

The Dark Knight's $533M domestic box office total. That's an impressive feat for a "dour, downbeat, and waay too self-important" movie :wink1:

Agreed, but I was referring to the upcoming "Rises" flick.

Without the Ledger death fetish, I'll bet the dork knight won't rise quite as high this time. :wink1:

So no matter what you will have a reason for it's shortcomings or an excuse for it's success :dunno

And in fairness its DC superheroes that first paved the way for superheroes on the big screen.

But let us not bicker and argue. Lets just enjoy them when they're good and hope for something better when they're not so good.

This cap is growing on me and think will look very cool with red skull fighting and cant wait to mix the 1st cap version with this new one...I dont see slot or clip for the shield on back option for this version. I realy hope can still carry shield on back......

Back