Hot Toys - MMS174 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Captain America Offical Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I knew HT would make this suit look cool. Bought. And the Avengers CA will be rocking the helmet vs the sculpt (unless it changes between now and it's release).

Looks great, will definitely buy it!

But I'd prefer it if the mouth was closed.

I like everything so far, however, the unmasked head could use a little tweaking.

I hope they come up with a BD version with a calm determined unmasked head down the road.

Also, I kinda feel like the material is off...not that It's a huge deal but the material seems to be the same as what was used on the other Cap...but the material for the Avengers suit is different in the movie

Yeah. Someone suggested that it be made of the same material as the Spiderman. That wouldn't have been a bad idea. But me likey as is. :hi5:

I'm of the opinion that the sculpt looks FANTASTIC, I can see Evans clear as day and it's very satisfying to get a sculpt that has something beyond a neutral expression.

I think Thor's sculpt is a bit underrated as it has a pretty good likeness, but is then spoilt somewhat by such a glum look (never looked like that in the movie - always either flushed and determined or smiling confidently) and sculpted hair that could have been better done.

I reckon we'll see all the big Avengers names with some emotion in their faces (this will be the sixth they have done of Tony Stark if you think about it!).

Definitely going to buy this! Only problem: November 2012 will mean April 2013 :(:(:(:(

Love the figure. Love the sculpt. By the time we see the film, the unmasked sculpt will make more sense. Plus, there's still USO Cap to look forward to.

I actually love the sculpt and is DEF a buy for me. I am amazed that I love the helmeted head as much as I do. Looks like I might need 2. HA HA

Figure looks great. But the material in the ab area is very bad. You can see before its even released people will be getting crease mark issues. And that when people are going to sell second hand you will need to state the degree of crease marks around the waist.

Not a fan of the Chris Evans sculpt but then I'd never display him with it so that's not really a problem, one of the shots also makes the suit look a little but baggy on him but I'll more than likely just pose him stood straight up with the shield so that won't be a problem for me either. Nice that they included a BD sheild, I think I'll probably use that on my first CA figure. Not sure about the gloves, they may be screen accurate but they look BD with the blue :dunno

For all the nitpicks though this is so bought regardless, I do think I prefer the first figure though.

I don't think you see that hoodie thing every time he's unmasked. Also you can see the creases around his waist.

Avengers-Image.jpg

Back