Hot Toys - MMS174 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Captain America Offical Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just ordered two of this guy!

For people that are saying this is too much, you gotta be kidding me.

The TFA Cap was $170 with only one head and one shield. This Cap comes with an extra head and a BD shield(which everyone was _____ing about with the TFA Cap) for only 45 bucks more. $45 for a second head and shield seems more than fair...especially since they will each sell for more than that alone on ebay.

Exactly. Parted out, those two items would probably be closer to $60 or more. $45 more for those seems OK to me. I'm hoping they throw in a pistol and machine gun as well, but otherwise the alien gun is probably equal to the FA's guns. So we are getting MORE than the original so it should COST MORE :dunno

T1000 had 2 headsculpts and a whole ton of accessories for $150.

Ebay prices are not at all an accurate representation of worth as they are a middleman trying to make a profit.

Gas used to be 10 cents a gallon too, why isn't my Chevron charging that? :duh Inflation and costs increase happens. Thats just the world we live in.

Just got home from work and saw the price.
$215 is a lot for a non DX figure.
Glad I have the FA version.
I can assemble my Avengers with that version!

Ditto, just got home now, $215.......are they kidding, how is this as much as as dx???? I thought this would be like 160-180 tops. I'm confused:panic: I'm not one to complain about prices cause you get what you pay for but this is getting out of control. I'm sure you can pick this one up somewhere else for a little less but this is really not worth that much. Its a nice figure and I was concidering picking it up even though I have the first release but not at that price, I can afford it but its just not worth it imo:(

Ditto, just got home now, $215.......are they kidding, how is this as much as as dx???? I thought this would be like 160-180 tops. I'm confused:panic: I'm not one to complain about prices cause you get what you pay for but this is getting out of control. I'm sure you can pick this one up somewhere else for a little less but this is really not worth that much. Its a nice figure and I was concidering picking it up even though I have the first release but not at that price, I can afford it but its just not worth it imo:(

The only thing that makes a DX is PERS. It doesn't mean it has to come with a ton of stuff or have a high price tag. People need to start realizing what DX really is :lol

It’s getting to the point that a lot of your average collectors are going to start saying NO.

Hot toys are going to price themselves right out of the market, and personally I don’t think it’s going to be long.

The only thing that makes a DX is PERS. It doesn't mean it has to come with a ton of stuff or have a high price tag. People need to start realizing what DX really is :lol

Don't forget a nicer box:rotfl. :exactly::goodpost:DX Jack Sparrow was the exception with awesome extras. However 89 Bats and Jokes cost more with very little extra and only one sculpt.

Exactly. Parted out, those two items would probably be closer to $60 or more. $45 more for those seems OK to me. I'm hoping they throw in a pistol and machine gun as well, but otherwise the alien gun is probably equal to the FA's guns. So we are getting MORE than the original so it should COST MORE :dunno

The history of HT has shown that more accessories, even an extra head, does not automatically increase the price, nor does an absence of accessories decrease the price. In any year you can see figures with a crap-load of accessories being listed at the very lowest price and you can see figures with crap-all accessories being listed for the very highest price. I don't know why then people keep insisting that something needs to be a certain price because it has X amount of extras. You might feel you're getting more 'value' if it's got a certain amount of extras, but at this point I think it's utterly illogical for anyone to argue that a price is what it is because it happens to have a second head and a couple of extra bits. There's never been anything to indicate that such accessories require HT to increase the price.

I'm fully aware of what a dx is buttmunch, and i'm also aware of overpricing. this does not come with enough stuff to warrant that price, I realize it has and extra head but black spiderman comes with and extra head to and the base on that is hugh and its still less and just released today.

its not like Hot Toys are the only things going up in price...just go to the grocery store and see how man things you can buy for he price you paid a couple years ago

I'm fully aware of what a dx is buttmunch, and i'm also aware of overpricing. this does not come with enough stuff to warrant that price, I realize it has and extra head but black spiderman comes with and extra head to and the base on that is hugh and its still less and just released today.

that base is just going to be crappy blow-mold plastic and the figure is more or less a "repaint"

The original Spidey was $149...if anything, black Spidey is a better example of "overpricing" than Cap is

Its called capitalism folks. HT will continue to raise prices until no one buys or someone comes along and does it as well for less. They have the power to charge more, we have the power to say no.

Gas used to be 10 cents a gallon too, why isn't my Chevron charging that? :duh Inflation and costs increase happens. Thats just the world we live in.

You must be pretty old to have seen 10 cents a gallon gasoline. I saw a T-1000 for less than $149 on gohastings a year ago.

Back