Hot Toys - MMS174 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Captain America Offical Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
292681_10151498051213528_606526713_n.jpg

so i tried photoshopping a background to the image :x

thanks for this.:hi5: i ordered cap i hope it goes through.

Gohastings.com has him in stock for $215, but they ship the item without the Sideshow shipper box.

Hi All,
got my goHastings order in on Friday here is my experience.
Took him out of the shipper package and immediately saw the bottom seal was broken on the box and no seal was on the top. Opened the box and everything seem like it was there.
I picked up Thor last weekend and opened him to compare and notice there was more plastic wrap around Thor's parts than on Capt....so I am assuming the Capt was taken out maybe to be inspected? but then why were there no plastic wraps on the boots or hands?

His right knee joint is slightly loose and the straps on one shield were already coming unglued (seems like a common problem), so I am wondering maybe this was a return?

I don't know how goHastings works, but this is my second order from them and my first order (SST clones a while back) did not go through. I was assuming they sell new unopened items...I don't think the one they sent me was new.

I may inquire about exchanging him on Monday, but the hassle might not be worth it and if they sell out and mine is in the process of being shipped back to them...I might be SOL.

just sharing my experience.

Hi All,
Took him out of the shipper package and immediately saw the bottom seal was broken on the box and no seal was on the top. Opened the box and everything seem like it was there.
I picked up Thor last weekend and opened him to compare and notice there was more plastic wrap around Thor's parts than on Capt....so I am assuming the Capt was taken out maybe to be inspected? but then why were there no plastic wraps on the boots or hands?

His right knee joint is slightly loose and the straps on one shield were already coming unglued (seems like a common problem), so I am wondering maybe this was a return?

I don't know how goHastings works, but this is my second order from them and my first order (SST clones a while back) did not go through. I was assuming they sell new unopened items...I don't think the one they sent me was new.

I may inquire about exchanging him on Monday, but the hassle might not be worth it and if they sell out and mine is in the process of being shipped back to them...I might be SOL.

oh no....mine wont get here until tuesday, and i may not get it in hand until wednesday. i'll let you know what i find.

Im kinda bummed the one I bought thinking was opened and inspected was in fact still sealed...grrr...

Ive bought a few items from gohastings. Earlier this year they had 25% off and scored the dx12, batpod and mark ii for 25% off retail. All came in good shape, unopened, ecxept the dx12. it came beat to hell, but that was poor packaging.

Last edited:

:clap :goodpost: :duff

The first one is excellent, but the second was is even better Ed! I don't know exactly how, but the flames 'pop' a little more, there is a more 'real world' look to the focus/sharpness, exactly like you'd expect from a smoky exterior. He looks like he has just stepped his foot down onto the Chitauri weapon and has been snapped whilst partially still in motion, a slight motion blurr. I do not know how or what you actually did do but I like it...I cannot describe it better than that.

Well done, my friend.

Hi All,

Sorry about your bad experience. I did not open my Captain America since getting him about 6 weeks ago, because I am moving and did not plan on opening him until I got to my new place. Your post scared me a bit, as I wouldn't want to pay retail price for a figure that was opened and displayed, so I opened up the moving box it is in this morning and opened him up for inspection. Mine was NIB. The seal was still untouched and all the plastic wraps were on each limb. I don't think I'll order from this site again unless it is the only place to get a figure. I don't like that they don't send you the shipper and that the packaging is pretty weak (the box that my figure was shipped in looked like it got kicked around a few times).

With that said, the figure looks great and can't wait to play with it some more. I did not know that it came with the regular shield in addition to the battle damage shield. I just bought a regular shield off eBay, which is I will no longer need. Oh well, I'll keep it new in case the other starts to peel.

gohastings does not have a warehouse. They take and display most of their stuff in their individual stores. You'll never see it in a brown shipper as they throw those away.

It's a crap shoot if the item will/won't still have the seals. The boxes get set out on display for every single person who walks by to touch and open.

This is what they told me when I called them about a Hot Toy figure once. If you're looking for MISB, you won't find it there.

Hi All,

gohastings does not have a warehouse. They take and display most of their stuff in their individual stores. You'll never see it in a brown shipper as they throw those away.

It's a crap shoot if the item will/won't still have the seals. The boxes get set out on display for every single person who walks by to touch and open.

This is what they told me when I called them about a Hot Toy figure once. If you're looking for MISB, you won't find it there.

Thank You, This is info i should have asked for before i ordered. Fingers crossed that i get a decent Cap on Tuesday.

That ain't no lie, I got a DX10 T-800 from them and it looked like everyone and their mother had opened and closed the box. The hinge part was almost completely torn in two, but they had no more in stock so I just repaired it the best I could myself and kept it.

I received my Cap from gohastings today and thankfully it was sealed. No shipper box though, just packed in a big box with Bubble wrap sheets and paper. Wish it was still in the plastic baggie but thankfully the box was pristine. Whew!

Back