Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah definitely. The Avp:R Pred is one of my favorite Pred designs, probably second to Pred2. I'd love to see him re-done.

Right now I'm just looking forward to Celtic but that's entirely for custom fodder.

Yeah definitely. The Avp:R Pred is one of my favorite Pred designs, probably second to Pred2. I'd love to see him re-done.

Right now I'm just looking forward to Celtic but that's entirely for custom fodder.

wolf is my all time favorvite pred and design of all, then p2 city hunter and elder, then p1 jungle hunter,glad hot toys are redoing these,

The strap for the bag is leather. I actually remade the entire bag from scratch out of leather I have. His waist pouch I also made from leather.

The cords around the waist is black string soaked in brown paint. They're wrapped around like this:

IMG_9621.png

Nice! I just need this guide.
The cords is the original from that P2 or you just prepare yourself?

Nice! I just need this guide.
The cords is the original from that P2 or you just prepare yourself?

In that photo they're leather cords but I ended up replacing them with painted string as it looked and hung better.

wolf is my all time favorvite pred and design of all, then p2 city hunter and elder, then p1 jungle hunter,glad hot toys are redoing these,

Yeah one day I will have the new Jungle Hunter, P2 Elder and Wolf next to the Preds that I already have, Classic, Berserker and City Hunter and my soon to get Scar.

got my ht p2 city hunter pred today, and i'm loving it, I don't care what all the haters have said, this figure in person is amazing and just beautiful, can't wait till next month for scar.

Yeah I was pretty impressed with it right out of the box especially after all the negative comments re: accuracy, etc. Got him, tracker and classic all on the same day. All three are impressive.

Last edited:
To me, the issues with accuracy to the vast majority of people are only noticeable when doing direct comparisons.

I posted a bunch more over in tayler's thread but wanted to show it off a bit here. Finished off my Pred2 custom by painting up one of his great masks.

IMG_0374 by dangercorpse, on Flickr

IMG_0367 by dangercorpse, on Flickr

I noticed on my city hunter that his mask and armour are all really dark with very little in the way of highlights, i assume you just did some dry brushing with a lighter bronze paint? I'm seriously considering doing mine in the same way, from your pics he looks so much better.

What do you mean by "everything else"?

I mean all the other issues lol. Don't get me wrong the figure is gorgeous, but inaccuracies are inaccuracies. It's just the mask needs a screen grab cuz of contours and such. But stuff like the cannon and face are pretty blatantly inaccurate

I noticed on my city hunter that his mask and armour are all really dark with very little in the way of highlights, i assume you just did some dry brushing with a lighter bronze paint? I'm seriously considering doing mine in the same way, from your pics he looks so much better.

No I actually did a complete repaint of everything. Pretty much everything started as a base coat of bronze and then I used a variety of techniques to add additional weathering to it. The mask for example started off like this:

IMG_0359 by dangercorpse, on Flickr

Some of these are reposts but here's some other photos of the full repaint. I also did a bunch of other things like the custom leather shoulder and hip pouches and the cords around the waist.

IMG_0448 by dangercorpse, on Flickr

IMG_0363 by dangercorpse, on Flickr

IMG_0160 by dangercorpse, on Flickr

IMG_0164 by dangercorpse, on Flickr

Back