Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it the same head as the Classic? It doesn't look like it to me.

edit: yeah I just looked, it's a totally different head. The Shadow Predator uses the Classic head though with new mandibles.

Without a shadow of a doubt.

So it's not Classic's head huh? Still... the original release city hunter's head reminded me a lot more of what I remember from the movie.

Also... I just finished sanding/modding the inside of my City Hunter's bio mask. It fit SUPER tight when it first arrived and I never used it because I was afraid it was going to strip the paint. I haven't been collecting these Hot Toys Preds for too long but back in the days of P1, Wolf, AVP's and such... did the figures have as many problems as the Predator products of the last few years? Although I can't really do anything about it... I'm angry because of all the issues that have been popping up recently.

Hot Toys Classic Predator <---- Forehead paint blending was TERRIBLE. His head literally goes from white to brown on the mass production figure. <---- $220 purchase.
Hot Toys Berserker Predator <---- Was not the right scale and the head sculpt and paint barley resembled what was in the movie. <---- $200 purchase.
P1 Legendary Scale Bust (Countless have arrived with broken dreads, missing paint, and missing quills) <---- $320 purchase =/
P2 Legendary Scale Bust (Same issues as P1 plus horrible paint apps on the forehead) <---- $320 purchase =/
Elder 1/6 Scale Statue (Horrible feet, missing mandible ring, terrible eyes, weak paint job) <--- $300 purchase.... =/
Hot Toys Samurai Predator (countless have arrived with broken pieces, and let's not forget that issue with the xenomorph heads being the wrong color) <---- Roughly a $350-$400 purchase. Ridiculous that it has mis-colored parts.
Sideshow Wolf Predator Legendary Scale Statue (They added netting to the legs which is not movie accurate AFTER releasing tons of photo's of the prototype that doesn't have netting and is more accurate) <---- This is a $2000 purchase. Like are you freaking kidding me??? How could they mess this up?

That's all I can think of right now but I know there is more.

it would have looked better if the forehead was moved down some it might be a easy fix

just like i did with my cleaner kit wolf head

before of what it use to look like
vegas539.jpg

and after
7809506724_26d5d1661d_b.jpg

7809510960_bc9d17aec7_b.jpg

7809508848_43d47e5a68_b.jpg

7809513442_bb75990302_b.jpg

That custom is amazing.

Recieved TDs Pred 2 bio few days back, thought I'd share some pics in this thread.

And the comparison between TD and HotToys bio

Shameless plug...
I'm trying to get out of 1/6 and decided to keep this one still sealed in it's outer shipper box. PM me if interested.

im reworking the head and mouth cut it up like my wolf but this time the mandibles will be interchangeable so im fixing all the mandibles open and closed

hi mate
I still stay away from home. I do not have internet Connection. Occasionally I can connect to wifi but some connections are very low and will not let me do anything. just wait eternal load times between page and page

I'm going home tomorrow. and I can begin to answer all emails and PMs
when I come home he begins a new batch of P2 mask

Got mine today. Overall I like him. I enjoy looking at him just like I do my other Predators. With his mask on, he screams P2.

I have a few minor complaints:
The wrist blades are SUPER tight and you can really cut yourself trying to pry them in and out.
My mask seems to have some noticeable turquoise smudges on it. (See pics).
Lack of a good grasping left hand.

But he looks like a badass and that's all I really ask of my Predators haha (at least the Hot Toy ones). I have my NECA Preds when I want to see accuracy.

CH5_zps04c397be.jpg

CH4_zpsadb54f04.jpg

CH3_zps9492a340.jpg

CH2_zpsb72d5a02.jpg

CH1_zps477253b3.jpg

the best looking pictures of p2 I've seen. :yess:

The main huge improvement to me and it's also to me the most important is the much much improved proportions. The original Predators, P2 in particular were a mess proportionally.

Back