Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow really like the mandible mods, would love to see more pics of the closed mandibles especially

^
Thanks.

Just did the hairdryer/cold water mod for both the closed and open mandibles.
Only a slight change with the open ones. Tilted the lower fangs inward a bit, and straightened out the left/right mouth stretch flaps

Mod is so easy, I did it while inebriated. :D

8491489778_fc790a76ce_h.jpg

Predator2_45.jpg

8491488980_14aad2d16a_h.jpg

Predator2_40.jpg

hey guys would anyone be interested in a set of left hands for City Hunter? the set would be for holding the skull and spear

How ridiculous that, thanks to HT's lack of thought, this even has to be asked of people. I'm sure they would.

I'm not interested mind you, having not bought the figure.

You can make your own with the extra P2 hand, I already posted this before:

Tip:The Predator 2 comes with 2 left hands that can be used to hold the skull and spine.
1) Heat up either the flat opened hand or the slightly bent hand with a hair dryer. This will allow you to reshape the hand. Reshaping them to hold the spine is an extremely quick and easy fix.

2) Now heat the hands up until they are bendable. When the hand bends easy you now are ready to reshape them to hold the spine. Take the now heated hand and bend the hand around the spine in the desired hold "hand grip" you want.

3)While holding the hand and spine hold them under very cold water until the hand has hardened back up, the hand will now hold the spine.

You could instead of using cold water just wrap some tape or a rubber band around the heated hand and spine and place them both in the freezer for a couple hours or so. I have used both of these methods to reshape several Hot Toys hands and dreads with great success.

Wow I really like this figure but I have to say the closed mandibles are bugging even me - is heating up the mandibles and reshaping that easy? Never really tried this with a figure since I'm pretty new to these figures but I'm worried if I'll ruin something on it. Any thoughts?

I got my City Hunter yesterday (I sold the first release months back). Great figure, BUT.............the mask was so poorly misaligned, but I used the blow dryer trick and it helped, looks much better, but its still not where it should be. At least its under the chin, not super odvious.

IMG_20130226_112807.jpg

IMG_20130226_113427.jpg

Does anyone else find that this figure it pretty pricey at most places? I can't really find for under $260 shipped.

Yea I agree, got mine for 260 shipped, kind of bummed, but I'm actually really enjoying it more than I thought, possibly my fav pred atm. This fig might go up in value so maybe that's why its kind of higher.

Does anyone else find that this figure it pretty pricey at most places? I can't really find for under $260 shipped.

Return it for exchange or keep going with the hairdryer and you'll reduce the gap even further.

Yea I agree, got mine for 260 shipped, kind of bummed, but I'm actually really enjoying it more than I thought, possibly my fav pred atm. This fig might go up in value so maybe that's why its kind of higher.

Yeah, this figure is more popular than I thought.

Hopefully you don't get dinged by customs.

Lol I detect a bit of spitefulness in that comment :p

But yes hopefully I do not. Asia packages are usually good for not getting charged. USA packages are a different story.... especially if it's UPS.

Back