Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just cancelled this and PO'd Bane. Really couldn't live with that sculpt. It's the biggest part of the character and I can't believe they screwed it up so bad. Classic will hold me off til one of HT's Preds actually blow me away, which I have a feeling will be when they show P2 Elder or Wolf. ATM even with all the inaccuracies, the Bane figure still has one thing going for it: the headsculpt.

Just cancelled this and PO'd Bane. Really couldn't live with that sculpt. It's the biggest part of the character and I can't believe they screwed it up so bad. Classic will hold me off til one of HT's Preds actually blow me away, which I have a feeling will be when they show P2 Elder or Wolf. ATM even with all the inaccuracies, the Bane figure still has one thing going for it: the headsculpt.

They really screwed the pooch on the headsculpt. I'll admit, in person he looks worse than the pics. I actually considered displaying my Classic unmasked, but this is way off. Thankfully I was going to go with the helmet anyway.

Not tonight. It's hard trying to get a good pose with him at the mo. The hands are such a let down, the figures inability to hold the spine is a killer and he keeps dropping the spear. And once you finally find a pose you like the head falls off. :lol :mad:

WTF?!
Head is falling of on this one?

Anyway, looking forward to those pics Andrew and congrats.
It was a long wait. :)

Overall, for $230, I like what I received. He does look leagues ahead of the previous P2, it's just hard to work up too much enthusiasm since we've already seen this set of weapons and armor* on four other occassions (five if you count the BD release). I have a feeling Scar, the P2 Elder, and the other remakes will make more of an impression.

*Design-wise. The armor is newly-sculpted save for the aforementioned right thigh piece.

:lecture I didn't think I'd ever see it used in these forums, but here it is... he used a footnote.

They really screwed the pooch on the headsculpt. I'll admit, in person he looks worse than the pics. I actually considered displaying my Classic unmasked, but this is way off. Thankfully I was going to go with the helmet anyway.

Really? It looks worse in person? Well I do believe that's new for HT, right?:lol

Since everyone is comparing this to the original , I would like to point out that the original could not hold the spear in his left hand either nor could any other preds .

Since everyone is comparing this to the original , I would like to point out that the original could not hold the spear in his left hand either nor could any other preds .
Original couldn't even hold the net launcher.

And city hunter always held the spear right-handed.

Then the question is how the &#^@ do they not fix that for a $240 toy?

Meh the mandibles stick out like a sore thumb for me.
Dont mind that I was not able to afford it now!
Next HT Pred will be Elder whenever they release him.

For the Jungle Hunter there was some serious movie magic involved in the blade length, so I can't fault Hot Toys implementation of those blades (they behaved like how the Classic figure's blades do, but would disappear entirely in scenes where they weren't needed). But with City Hunter, the blades never extended to be super-long as they do on the Hot Toys and NECA figures; they were either entirely or almost entirely inside the gauntlet, or else extended only this much:

gallery_31_3_179887.jpg
that is not a movie shot.
that's an advertising picture of the suit.
actual movie length (& shape as there were words about straight or bent shape):

bscap0117_zps079c4f6d.jpg

bscap0118_zps78dd1ea2.jpg

bscap0119_zps66a3946a.jpg

Back