Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the link, but a video review AFTER he's already custom-painted the figure kind of defeats the purpose for the viewers, no?

I thought the same thing when I was viewing the video. Still don't mind seeing a different take on this figure though. After watching Neny and Xeno both review this figure with underwhelming enthusiasm I have def decided to be patient and try to pick this figure up for as cheap as possible. No rush.

Except it hasn't been shipped to the masses, not yet anyway
It has. People are getting them from eBay sellers, retailers like Toysquare and Sideshow's shipment is on a boat as we speak (or however they get there). When OMG, Luka and Richard Po get their figures from Hot Toys for photography reviews, that means the first wave is boxed and ready to leave Hot Toys factory.

IIRC when the Classic came out wasn't there a case then of the early batch having a different paint job to later ones? Wonder if that could be the case here?

Two video reviews I've seen though both criticising the paint job isn't a good, might pass on this after all which would be a shame because he's got so many more posing possibilities than the boring Classic Pred

Ummmm, isn't that the case with all Hot Toys releases. Like he said, he nitpicks.

I will pay attention to reviews that really mark serious (I mean serious) problems with an action figure or statue (like Spiderwoman PF issues). See now those are significant.

I do appreciate the review of the figure. An 8/10 from a nitpicking Predator fan is a 9.5/10 for me. ANd yes, I am a HUGE Predator fan and have loved all the Predator movies (Predator 1 & 2, AVP, AVPR, Predators).

Even after all the nitpicks and reviews (none of which have blasted this figure btw), I still think this is one of the best looking figures (of any license) I have ever seen at this scale!

Can't wait for mine to arrive in the next couple weeks.:clap

the version received by Hot Toys photography "bloggers" like OMG has always been the final version shipped to the masses. In fact it seems that scenario was what triggered Hot Toys to start providing figures to photography buffs like OMG so that the first photos to hit the web would be great ones.

Correct me if I'm wrong.. but doesn't OMG work for HT now!? I know he started off as a "photography blogger/buff" but I could swear he's a full blown HT employee now i.e. he no longer photographs collectibles unless they're from HT.

Correct me if I'm wrong.. but doesn't OMG work for HT now!? I know he started off as a "photography blogger/buff" but I could swear he's a full blown HT employee now i.e. he no longer photographs collectibles unless they're from HT.

I was under the impression he still just got freebies from Hot Toys and had to give them back once he was done with them.

Have there been any decent comparison pics between this and the old one? Just wondering if its really worth having two of the same 'unique' character in my collection. If there's a big improvement I'll probably go for it, but before there are a good number of in hand pics then I don't know :gah: I suppose I'll just have to hope it doesn't go out of stock if I decide to get it :thud:

Have there been any decent comparison pics between this and the old one?
Not yet unfortunately

Its either

-People sold their first versions to buy the new one
-People never had the first version so are buying the new one
-People want to keep their first version and convince themselves they dont need the new one because of the mandibles

We need a good chap to provide us some comparison pics!

Not yet unfortunately

Its either

-People sold their first versions to buy the new one
-People never had the first version so are buying the new one
-People want to keep their first version and convince themselves they dont need the new one because of the mandibles

We need a good chap to provide us some comparison pics!
Not. Just. The mandibles.

Predator_2_Unmasked___Hot_Toys_by_predator_fan.jpg

Preditor2face.jpg

Hot%20Toys%20-%20Predator%202%20-%20City%20Hunter%20Predator%20Limited%20Edition%20Collectible%20Figurine_PR17__scaled_600.jpg

You can see how much better the paint aps look on the head in those pix. ON another note the review brought up how there's no left hand to raise the skull trophy . Its either the spear or skull in hand. I was looking at all the other preds hands in didnt see any other options except maybe the trackers hands maybe to use as a alterenate option to get the spear and skull holding look we see in the movie. We need someone too make that grip hand maybe mods to the rescue ..Hope someone offers them up....The only other option maybe heat and bend one of the hands into grip formation if it can be done....

Exactly. The entire head shape on the new sculpt is completely inaccurate.
Then why is the center dome of the crown on the first version a peak at the front but its more rounded on the actual p2 head and the new version, the first p2 release you cannot see its eyes unless you pull the head right back and revealings its true uglyness like the first picture but again thats not a problem on the new one

The only un-deniable truth about the first release was that its mandibles are better. You can pro-and con the rest all day long.

You can see how much better the paint aps look on the head in those pix. ON another note the review brought up how there's no left hand to raise the skull trophy . Its either the spear or skull in hand. I was looking at all the other preds hands in didnt see any other options except maybe the trackers hands maybe to use as a alterenate option to get the spear and skull holding look we see in the movie. We need someone too make that grip hand maybe mods to the rescue ..Hope someone offers them up....The only other option maybe heat and bend one of the hands into grip formation if it can be done....
When i had a classic Predator i used to use his left hand (the flat fingered one he usually uses while his gauntlet is open) and i could get him to hold the skull trophy between his thumb and fore finger on that hand. Im pretty sure it could be wedged in to that hand on this too if its the same hand only modded

I am So excited about getting this masterpiece !! I preordered 2 of these and there going to look awesome next to my original P2 . I could care less if its not perfectly movie accurate ! The people that visit my home and see these things totally think these are the coolest things ever and they also think I'm nuts . I'm a the one that looks at these things everyday and I absolutely love the way this looks!

Back