Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
792231_461950920526817_670373944_o.jpg

740146_461950853860157_1668315093_o.jpg

778881_461950873860155_453598438_o.jpg

Love it! You def. see the roots of the classic pred head...but anyways...never owned the first P2 releases, so this was a must have.

792231_461950920526817_670373944_o.jpg

740146_461950853860157_1668315093_o.jpg

778881_461950873860155_453598438_o.jpg

Love it! You def. see the roots of the classic pred head...but anyways...never owned the first P2 releases, so this was a must have.

Thank god xenom0rph to the rescue. This thread really needs to get back on track. If I have to read one more page of super duper fans arguing about movie accuracy I'm gonna stick my head in the deep fryer... ***** too.
Looking forward to your video review.

really you cant say ***** on here. what if I want to talk about basket *****.

Last edited:
none of these was kevin peter hall P2 and you even don't know it.
...isn't that KPH in the first photo? And the main suit in the second photo has got to be his considering it's height over the others.

The last photo is in my SWS book. It wasn't a costume he wore, but a prop used for the predator's death scene.

Dunno about the other two, but they seem legit. :dunno

This figure has me going back and forth like crazy. It's one of those releases where I feel like I'm forcing myself to like it since it's been so anticipated. I can live with it's inaccuracies for the most part (even the annoying mini plasma cannon) and with the bio on it's pretty awesome looking. But it doesn't really pop out as P2. I think "hey, awesome City Hunter figure!" rather than "WOW, that's Kevin Peter Hall in costume standing on my shelf!" like so many Hot Toys releases do. And for $220 the amount of reused parts is a buzz kill. I'm sure I'll eventually get bored waiting for something else and pick this up anyways though... Skipping Hot Toys releases is like trying to skip a day buying the daily morning cup o joe before work...

I kind of prefer the original P2 over this for some strange reason....
I just so happen to have it for sale too if anyone wants to drop me a PM :)

I sold my original HT P2 awhile back and glad i did because this looks 10x better then that one..yea maybe wish the eyes were not so green but, blah.

After looking at xenomorph 's pics the close mouth looks stupid.Its either open mouth or masked for me sadly

Here we go :)

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXfNcX-356U[/ame]

I prefer open mandibles on this on as well, the closed look to much like classic pred somehow.

But all in all I'm happy...first P2 pred for me!

Xeno...thanks for the review.
Damn the figure looks sloppy. It looks like a toy rather than a "Hot Toy".
I don't like how the color scheme seems to be all merged into one.
This is not worth $200...:(
Feels Rushed

Thank you for the review...

Didn't sound like you were too impressed with it Xeno on your review?

:) I'm getting lots of figs so yeah, most these "overwhelming" moments are quite rare (last time it was the Iron Monger). Plus I'm not such an extroverted guy. ;-)

Personally I think this is a quality figure, but it seems a bit rushed at some parts...painting application, maybe the headsculpt, but anyhow I'm finally happy to own a P2 in the 1/6 collection. Def. like it the most with the helmet on!

Xeno...thanks for the review.
Damn the figure looks sloppy. It looks like a toy rather than a "Hot Toy".
I don't like how the color scheme seems to be all merged into one.
This is not worth $200...:(
Feels Rushed

Thank you for the review...

If u remember the old Hot Toys P2 (wich is good too )you definitely want this new version of P2 ;)

I like sooo much the skin of this new pred, cause it's so real XD

Back