Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread is going to continue to go round and round in circles until it's released in 7 months time.:panic:

Exactly, and it's getting tiring following it too. Can someone please PM me if/when Hot Toys does change the sculpt and puts up new pics? :lol

I know this isn't related to this Predator figure in particular, but due to the issues with this figure I thought maybe this would be a good thread to post this interview with HT Howard Chan I saw on facebook, because Howard says that one of the main things he likes is Alien and Predator, so one has to wonder... if you know what I mean.

If%20you%20know%20what%20I%20mean..png

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=354425257952804&set=a.354425187952811.84623.138228759572456&type=3&permPage=1

^^^ howard also likes godfather and godfather looked like godfather so howard should explain that one if u understand what i just said:lecture:lecture:lecture

Howard also acknowledges that not everything is perfect in his last answer. I guess that if he didn't care at all he wouldn't say that.

How can you say that? The preds may not be 100% accurate, but at least you're getting figures in the first place
I can say that because the exact opposite has happened. The head sculpts are becoming even LESS accurate than they were 5 years ago.

The customers, the Predator collectors, want more accurate head sculpts. They have made the complete opposite of improvement in that area...which is a pretty big area. It's basically what the entire company is about. The most high-end, accurate figures.

The least they could do is reuse the older, more accurate mold than the newer, less accurate one.

They'd get so much static if they did that. People are already _____ing that this figure has too many reused parts (which it actually doesn't). The only way to please absolutely everyone is to alter the new sculpt, which may or may not happen. It's coming out in December though, so one would think they have plenty of time to tweak things out. Hell, they made changes to Berserker in less time than that.

It's a shame that so many people would throw a fit if they reused the old head, it's so much better than this one.

They'd get so much static if they did that. People are already _____ing that this figure has too many reused parts (which it actually doesn't). The only way to please absolutely everyone is to alter the new sculpt, which may or may not happen. It's coming out in December though, so one would think they have plenty of time to tweak things out. Hell, they made changes to Berserker in less time than that.

True.
They shrank him down about 11-12mm overnight.

They repainted the armor a little, plus they got rid of the rough texture. The lenses were also colored differently from the prototype.

Back