Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Riddick. I was just wondering because I realised last night that the one I'm currently using on the old BD P2 came with the Guardian Predator who I'm considering selling. Think I need to quit buying the Losties at high-end. Theres potentially just too many of them.

I was just wondering because I realised last night that the one I'm currently using on the old BD P2 came with the Guardian Predator

Crap, I forgot about Guardian entirely :lol

Figure Sculpted by Pan Mak

So IMM0 gasmask is yet another pre-Tsang sculpt that HT just reusing for the City Hunter figure (with the new mandiblz-connector).
Sorry for misinformation :monkey3

cannon comparison

hot toys
550216_10150649820302344_58690437343_9476266_1800611108_n.jpg
[/IMG]

mcfarlane
PREDATOR-2-MCFARLANE-LOOSE-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Neca
CustomCity9.jpg
P5.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
How was that McFarlane figure ever considered acceptable? It is just woeful!

well at the time ,there were no other predator action figures to compare it with, except for kenner's kiddle predator figures.
i agree with you mcfarlane's p2 was sickening.Back then models kits were the best choice for predators for adult collectors.

i had did the cannon comparison picture.

cannoncompare.jpg

I had post it on HT's Facebook too.
I also sent an email to them regarding to the head sculpt and few inaccurate issues, hope they will listen.

:pray:
Thanks for doing that. If they fix the head sculpt and canon this figure is so bought!

It's strange that McFarlane use to be the quality standard of action figures in the 90s. But I bet that in 10 or 15 years we'll be wondering the same thing about Hot Toys :lol.

I'm betting considerably less :dunno

For those wanting these inaccuracies to be fixed, the best thing to do is not buy it, if you don't like the inaccuracies but buy it anyway then HT is getting your money and have no motivation to actually change the product.

Only when the lack of accuracies makes a dent in their bottomline will they actually feel the need to change it.

Just my 0.02p

Well, even if it does come to that, I'm still going to enjoy my Hot Toys collection for what it is. The true joy about collecting, is that even though technology and sculpting may improve over the years, you can still look back at your figures and appreciate them, for the fact that they're a representation of something that you love (a character, a franchise, etc).

McFarlane Toys has aged considerably, but they did pioneer this hobby. Sideshow, Hot Toys, Enterbay, etc wouldn't have even existed if it wasn't for the inspiration from McFarlane figures. With that said, Hot Toys isn't going to last forever (nothing ever does), but when they eventually fade from the lime-light, let's just hope that their work inspires other companies to step up and create even better products.

For those wanting these inaccuracies to be fixed, the best thing to do is not buy it, if you don't like the inaccuracies but buy it anyway then HT is getting your money and have no motivation to actually change the product.

Only when the lack of accuracies makes a dent in their bottomline will they actually feel the need to change it.

Just my 0.02p

Saw you edited your post, but yeah, I tend to agree with that. But the reality is, that there is a large majority of folks will keep buying Hot Toys, despite of the inaccuracies. From the way I see it, some Hot Toys figures tend to be much more accurate, in terms of character likeness than others. It really depends on the sculptor and the team who are designing the figures.

Hot toys are plotting their own downfall i'm afraid, the constant chase for the quick buck with same characters, reissues, variants, remakes in place of actually developing new franchises and characters will result in long term losses.

At least thats how i see it unfolding :wave

Back