Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My friend got me the City Hunter for Christmas and I just opened him today. A couple dreadlocks on the left side of the head are permanently twisted up straight out of the box. Can anybody tell me if this is a flaw and if it is, what might be a possible fix for it?

Doesn't sound right, can you post a pic? You might be able to heat them up and get them back in line. Or maybe have to pluck them out and reglue them in a better position.
Other than that issue, how do you like it?

I love him other than the dreadlock issue. He's a fresh figure. Never removed from the box before, but I think the way he was packed pushed a couple of his dreadlocks up and caused them to stick up pretty badly.

Here's a pic.

Oh yea yikes. Haha. Bed head!

Well, I would remove the bad dreads. Grab them as close to the head as possible with tweezers and pull them out. Maybe boil them or even just hold them over boiling water and see if the loosen up and revert to a more natural position. Then let them dry, and glue them back in.

Or, less risky you could just try wrapping a rubber band around the head so it holds them down, and leave it for a few days...

I've bought many Hot Toys Predators in my day and have never had one arrive with dreadlock problems like this. I guess there's a first for everything.

Mine had one dread like that. Permanently bent. Mine was a inner one and more toward the tip. Not noticeable at all when futsed so I haven't tried to correct it.

Got this guy for Christmas, here's a couple of photo's. :peace
1545932_10201676090917149_1064742794_n.jpg

1517822_10201676006755045_839495023_n.jpg

Back