Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm selling mine.

Figures awesome, but there's something about it that stops me truly loving it. Poor choice of left hands possibly, the fact my spear broke after 5 minutes. It could just be that my Pred collection all comes from Predators so he just doesn't fit in.

Either way, he's got to go.

I'd agree with you on the left hands ; they're all pretty redundant for me but in regards the figure as a whole, it's one of their best efforts and a keeper.

Great pic you took there Deadperson. The juxtaposition of the two light sources really sells the shot. Like someone said, It looks like he's exiting his ship. Love it.

I'd agree with you on the left hands ; they're all pretty redundant for me but in regards the figure as a whole, it's one of their best efforts and a keeper.

Oh yeah it's a top quality figure, it just doesn't really fit with my collection and, whereas I can't see myself selling DX Jack Sparrow for any reason other than absolute necessity, I don't feel the same about City Pred.

The left hand thing sucks no doubt. The only one I ever use is the fist. I have two Preds total. The original P1 and this guy. The Predator 2 design has always been my favorite and P2 is also my favorite of the Predator movies so I have been wanting them to re-do the figure forever. Was so happy when the did.

this is my first predator figure, the lack of right griping hands is a major issue but otherwise im happy with it
i added some slight highlights to the bronze on the mask and armour as i thought it was too dark

Last edited:
The stupid thing is a lack of gripping hands has always been an issue with Hot Toys Preds - Predator 2 figures in particular. And WTF? Its right there plain as day on the movie poster - City Hunter holding his spear in one hand and the skull/spine in the other. In the film itself he wields the spear with 2 hands while fighting.

Just puzzling that HT (and NECA) keep coming up short with this.

Last edited:
The two non-fist hands he includes are weird ones too.
they kinda fit predator's manner of holding his fingers straight.

"i'm about to bring you lots of human skins, will you marry me?":

marryme.jpg:original

differentpics_10.jpg:original

008-Gort_zps721fcdb3.jpg:original

plus netgun holding, of course:

net_launcher.jpg:original

but i really miss the hand he had in previous variant - to keep him like this:

18365847.jpg:original

productionstill42.jpg:original

53.jpg:original

Got mine. An awful re-issue and pretty bad figure for such a price. New body and the fact that I've sold old one b4 this was even announced is the only two things that stops me from sending it back for good.

Thk God I wasn't stupid enough to sell original P1 figure - it looks great even today.

Last edited:
An awful re-issue and pretty bad figure for such a price. New body and the fact that I've sold old one b4 this was even announced is the only two things that stops me from sending it back for good.

Thk God I wasn't stupid enough to sell original P1 figure - it looks great even today.
there is a specially designed abbreviation:
T.S.A.N.G.

p.s. body is cool by matching classic used for P1.

It's not just the fact that head and mask are *** looking.
Many-many other stuff is SOOOO wrong with this... I really need to calm down >_<

The stupid thing is a lack of gripping hands has always been an issue with Hot Toys Preds - Predator 2 figures in particular. And WTF? Its right there plain as day on the movie poster - City Hunter holding his spear in one hand and the skull/spine in the other. In the film itself he wields the spear with 2 hands while fighting.

Just puzzling that HT (and NECA) keep coming up short with this.

they dont care its being LAZY.they give tons of hands to many other figures, about seven sets of hands and i wish they would have two sets of feet pair of flat feet and bent feet

It's not just the fact that head and mask are *** looking.
Many-many other stuff is SOOOO wrong with this... I really need to calm down >_<
i know. it needs even more work on it even with the head replacement. but it's actually closer to toy P2 than the previous one. body is nice, armor sits better. some replacements here and there, and i hope to have a p2 that will do for several more years.

but first plan is to make his hip armor moving with hips, and i haven't even started )

kinda late i know but i found a picture of city hunter's man purse

norm-4aac276c94edd-Predator+2+(1990).jpeg

Just ran across this in some google searching and it looks like my bones are still inaccurate so I may re-visit that. The strap is interesting as in my research it seems to vary A LOT. There's definitely scenes in the movie where it only has maybe one knot or even no knots at least on the front.

Screen%20Shot%202013-03-06%20at%2010.30.34%20AM.png

I've also noticed in some scenes he has what appears to be an additional belt. Most notably you can see it in the lightening scene.

Screen%20Shot%202013-03-12%20at%204.51.26%20PM.png

i updating all my preds starting with p2 with new poses bases paint and accessories im working on the bag with bone ,repainted the spine and attached it to the back of city hunter

How does he carry his secondary mask? Both of those things he pulls out of nowhere.

Back